Player Discussion Jakub Lauko

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You make sure to let us know whenever he goes cold....2 points in his last 4, only 2 points since Hall got hurt.

Think it has a lot more to do with Hall being hurt than it does with Freddy being 'blah'.

I do agree though, wouldn't mind him sitting a few games and letting Lauko draw in.
I agree Hall and Freddy did have something going....

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
I can see Coyle being traded, and Frederic taking 3rd line Center.
Is that the best solution , probably not, but to sign more important players, Coyle might be the one
going, and Frederic right now seems to be the best option for 3rd line center.
Agreed. I think Coyle is a luxury at 3C (especially if he's shoot now and then!) and expect hm to move on.

I know Fred has been talked about as a 4th line Centre this season - I guess we'll likely go with the known quantity in Nosek for the post-season - then its open for next season.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

On March 2, Jakub Lauko made the most of his first game at TD Garden in nearly a month.

Inserted as a fourth-line spark plug, the 22-year-old winger rewarded Jim Montgomery’s lineup reshuffle by lighting the lamp twice in the Bruins’ 7-1 victory over the Sabres.

“I don’t think I’ve scored two goals in a game in Providence, so sure, it’s a special game,” Lauko said. “I just want to come in and show the coaching staff and the management that guys can rely on me if I get a chance to play in the remainder of the season.”

The affable forward did not touch the ice in the NHL ranks for another two weeks.

That extended lull is not an indictment of Lauko, who has carried out his duties as a pesky checking forward whenever called upon this season.

Rather, it’s a testament to the depth across Boston’s lineup — presenting an uphill climb to any youngster looking to earn steady minutes.

But after Thursday night’s win over the Winnipeg Jets, Lauko might be sticking around on the fourth line for the time being.

Replacing A.J. Greer on an ornery forward trio alongside Garnet Hathaway and Tomas Nosek, Lauko logged a team-low 6:29 of ice time at Canada Life Centre.

But the Czech forward opted for quality over quantity whenever Montgomery ordered him over the boards.

Lauko didn’t factor into any goals against Connor Hellebuyck, but the speedy winger was a fly in the netminder’s ointment on multiple shifts.

Even with just 5:27 of five-on-five reps (also a team-low), Lauko led all Bruins skaters in individual scoring chances with five, while tying David Pastrnak for the most individual shot attempts (six).

He also drew two penalties, even though Boston’s power play once again fired off blanks (0 for 3).

Lauko is cut from the same cloth as many fourth-line grinders, with his propensity to muck things up down low. But his 0-to-60 acceleration allows him to make something out of nothing when a skittering puck is in his sights.

Lauko laid siege to Winnipeg’s net on a standout shift in the second period. In a span of just 20 seconds, Lauko landed three shots on goal, won two puck battles across the boards, and provided an effective screen on a Hampus Lindholm point blast.

With two games in the next three days, Lauko should earn himself a longer leash in Montgomery’s lineup.

Not only has the 2018 third-round pick been on the outside looking in at regular playing time, he also has been on an emergency-recall carousel.

On a near-daily basis, Lauko has been recalled from Providence and promptly sent back down to the AHL shortly after the Bruins have played a game.

Now, Lauko isn’t getting put on a plane every day.

Rather, utilizing the emergency-recall measure is a way to keep Lauko available on this current five-game road trip without utilizing one of the four regular call-ups the Bruins can use between now and the end of regular-season action.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
So impressed with Lauko. It's not easy in this league to accomplish much with very limited ice time in a limited number of games. Add in that he has had to deal with the frustration of feeling like he's been overlooked to a certain extent despite doing the right things. That kind of thing happens when a hockey team is loaded with talent. Someone is going to be frustrated being the odd-man out more than they desire. He has hung in there and continues to play hard and well when he makes it into the lineup.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
3 goals in 3 games since you declared he's gone blah.

Say it again!
Lol
C5FD7AA3-5305-4C3A-B27F-95D2D28303F0.jpeg

Reactions: Bradely and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad