OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
11th overall be damned, they're all #1 picks in my heart!!
Newbabysoon.jpg
she's ready to #causechaos...loves a scrum

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
All this time, arve been in the presence of a certified fork lift operator and you didn't tell us?
I would've told had I known it is a big deal. Mine is not a particularly pretty card, but the lamination is the difference maker.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
More than cicadas wasps eat cicadas?

Well I found them on that leaf in a bush, pulled the leaf out to get a better picture and out came cicada wings but no cicada.

Maybe this?

Yes! That's gotta be them. Thanks!

Ah good ole Florida, first you give us pythons, then Gators, then Florida man, and now stink bugs.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Well I found them on that leaf in a bush, pulled the leaf out to get a better picture and out came cicada wings but no cicada.

Yes! That's gotta be them. Thanks!

Ah good ole Florida, first you give us pythons, then Gators, then Florida man, and now stink bugs.
The predatory stink bug, Euthyrhynchus floridanus (Linnaeus) (Figure 1), is considered a beneficial insect because most of its prey consists of plant-damaging bugs, beetles, and caterpillars. It seldom plays a major role in the natural control of insects in Florida, but its prey includes a number of economically important species.

I haven’t seen one here in atl. Interesting though. I have a yard infestation of cicada wasps every year

• Wow
Reactions: HisIceness

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
From an image search I got the same result as Boom Boom Apathy including that they hunt in packs of a dozen or so.

Insects hunting in packs is an interesting concept. I'm no entomologist, but I feel like most insects are either solitary hunters or, if they are social insects, use scouts to locate food and then gather the rest of the hive.

You'd expect pack hunting from mammals more than insects.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
BREAKING: Ali Reza Dawari, head of the communications department in Ahmadinejad's presidency, confirms the deaths of the President of Iran and his Foreign Minister, Abdollahian, in the president's helicopter crash in the mountains of East Azerbaijan Province

Not getting political, but this can't be good.

Not a good idea to fly helicopters in dense fog.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad