Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If Foegele had been in net and Skinner at forward the result wouldn’t have been much worse tonight.

That’s how bad it was from those two.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He has to be trolling, right? He's one of three guys on here right now who are vomiting post after post of word salad to deflect any blame from Skinner...
The same poster would defend Dustin Schwartz 20X in a thread saying that theres not enough info yet to determine if he's bad at all. I mean actually said that repeatedly. Except in 3 page long posts. just ignore like half the board is. Note hardly anybody responds to him.

I mean its rich I knew who you were even talking to while I've had him ignore for the 16thtime.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
So last game SKinner didnt stop breakaways?

I know right. Perry and Ryan are world renowned snipers
This game no skinner did not stop any breakaways. This game skinner stopped next to nothing. And world renowned playoff scrub Leon Draisaitl was stopped as expected on multiple breakaways.

The mental gymnastics to write off silovs and his 45 shot performance and defend skinner and his half dozen saves.

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
Well last time I called out skinner for his terribad playoff stats he had two decent games. Here's hoping the same thing happens again IF he gets another start.

Also I'll call out nuge for being a ghost once again in the playoffs. Maybe the same type of magic can happen with him.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah it's a big difference with a week of Columbus Arizona jersey Ottawa teams to give fools gold. Always cracks under pressure.

I don’t know, to be fair Skinner actually started well against some good teams in the season after the righted the ship. The problem is he simply can’t handle playoff pressure

I mean, there was an article about him struggling with anxiety before. He’s no less of a headcase than Campbell, he’s just better at hiding it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This game no skinner did not stop any breakaways. This game skinner stopped next to nothing. And world renowned playoff scrub Leon Draisaitl was stopped as expected on multiple breakaways.

The mental gymnastics to write off silovs and his 45 shot performance and defend skinner and his half dozen saves.
Didn’t the post stop one of those breakaways?

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I would start Pickard in part to wake Skinner up. He is capable of better. I would also not hesitate to start Skinner in Gm5 unless Pickard and the team play great in Gm4.

It would also hopefully shake up the rest of the team. I am going:

Brown out for Gagner
Carrick in for Ryan
Foegele to 4th line
Broberg in for Ceci
Kulak to RD with Nurse
Broberg with Vinny 3rd pair
Draisaitl and McDavid separated

Kane McDavid Hyman
Draisaitl RNH Holloway
Janmark McLeod Perry
Foegele Carrick Gagner

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
But I thought Skinner is a bonafide #1?
He appears to be fine in the regular season. Not so much in the playoffs.

Direct your annoyance at Holland.
Just look at the options he provided for this team...Campbell...Skinner and Pickard.

Reactions: WEMCHUD

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lol I wish we had .900 Goaltending.

If we had .882 we'd be up 3-0.
Skinner playoff record in save %:

.900 or better - only 7 instances

Around .800 or worse 7 instances (should be shocking)

Low .700 save % in game - 3 instances.

In total only 7/20 games where he's even been the bare minimum expected .900 in playoff games.

The 3 instances of .700something save % alone are reason to doubt.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I am afraid Knob is making the same mistake like Woody last year. It was clear that Skinner wasn't get it done against Vegas yet Woody stuck with him. Campbell should have gotten a start. Maybe he would have been bad as well, but Skinner didn't demonstrate he deserved to keep the starting job. Same now, marching with Skinner, when again he seems to be collapsing.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country

More of these Skinner apologists are popping up in here! Skinner should start a cult when he retires from hockey!

The same poster would defend Dustin Schwartz 20X in a thread saying that theres not enough info yet to determine if he's bad at all. I mean actually said that repeatedly. Except in 3 page long posts. just ignore like half the board is. Note hardly anybody responds to him.

I mean its rich I knew who you were even talking to while I've had him ignore for the 16thtime.

Thanks for the heads up! I should know better than to engage with them. I love the Oilers but man we have a lot of embarrassing fans.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
there’s no defending that zadorov cross check into soucy nasty cross check to mcdavid face. hope he is okay. that was really messed up. embarrassed of canucks fans supporting this.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Didn’t the post stop one of those breakaways?
Yes silovs doesn't immediately drop on his knees he will actually do this crazy thing and cut your angles so you have little to shoot at if you get off a shot.

More of these Skinner apologists are popping up in here! Skinner should start a cult when he retires from hockey!

Thanks for the heads up! I should know better than to engage with them. I love the Oilers but man we have a lot of embarrassing fans.

Yeah I mean are these guys aware Mitch marner is paying rocket security to defend him online?

I hope they're getting paid for this at the very least defending Skinner so hard.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Well last time I called out skinner for his terribad playoff stats he had two decent games. Here's hoping the same thing happens again IF he gets another start.

Also I'll call out nuge for being a ghost once again in the playoffs. Maybe the same type of magic can happen with him.
Nuge is a career passenger who's never been able to carry a line. I think we need to go back to Nuge-McD-Hyman next game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Plenty of posters here were calling for Skinner to be given the reigns this year

They get what you deserve. Unfortunately to the detriment of the fans that were skeptical

The Campbell ruining everything is an excuse. This isn’t the first and won’t be the last team to overpay for a UFA “starter” that turns into a pumpkin. Skinner’s regular season success tricked the entire org into giving him the reigns and a chance at redemption. It’s 100% his fault for shitting the bed and breaking that trust.
Skinner being the starter this season alone precludes whether the org was really serious about going all the way this season. How could they think he would be enough?

Said it often the team has to outplay opponents near every night to get a result. In playoffs we have to outplay teams badly.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I would start Pickard in part to wake Skinner up. He is capable of better. I would also not hesitate to start Skinner in Gm5 unless Pickard and the team play great in Gm4.

It would also hopefully shake up the rest of the team. I am going:

Brown out for Gagner
Carrick in for Ryan
Foegele to 4th line
Broberg in for Ceci
Kulak to RD with Nurse
Broberg with Vinny 3rd pair
Draisaitl and McDavid separated

Kane McDavid Hyman
Draisaitl RNH Holloway
Janmark McLeod Perry
Foegele Carrick Gagner
That's all reasonable. Perhaps Stecher for Ceci. Since our PK is struggling again, the bottom six guys who couldn't come out of the lineup before due to it being great can now be scratched, as we need some energy injected into the lineup.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He appears to be fine in the regular season. Not so much in the playoffs.

Direct your annoyance at Holland.
Just look at the options he provided for this team...Campbell...Skinner and Pickard.
I actually think Pickard could be our saviour if they’re willing to start him.

He’s a reflex goaltender and the Oilers style of defense works better with a reflex goalie.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
there’s no defending that zadorov cross check into soucy nasty cross check to mcdavid face. hope he is okay. that was really messed up. embarrassed of canucks fans supporting this.

Just wait until you see the mental gymnastics about their next riot. Unfortunately it might not be until the next round at this point since the Oilers don't have a goalie.

Reactions: TB12

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I actually think Pickard could be our saviour if they’re willing to start him.

He’s a reflex goaltender and the Oilers style of defense works better with a reflex goalie.
I dont think that Pickard is really the answer but I think that Knoblauch pretty much has to try him at this point.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad