Other Sports: Golf Thread - Majors Draft 2023

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
It would keep everyone grouped together closer and lessen the impact the winners of the majors have. Since essentially to win in our current format, you have to have a guy win a major. Others can determine if that's good or bad.

I am good either way.
Agreed. I am fine doing it that way, or the earnings way as well. Agreed about winning. You can't win without one of your guys winning a major.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
2 T9s(Fleetwood, Zalatoris), T32 (Day - thru 13), T42 (Rahm)

I didn't get to watch a whole lot of it yesterday on account of crappy work. But hopefully today I can veg out and watch some golf.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Does anyone have any objections to switching to that new scoring system that @CanadianFlyer88 mentioned above? If not, we could do it this year.

I saw a neat way to do a majors pool instead of money earned.

In this version, your players get the total value of their finishing spot and the team with the lowest overall total (it is golf, after all) wins.

So if a player goes 4, T25, T11, 8, his total for the year would be 48 (4+25+11+8).

Missed cuts and no shows get scored as one higher than the cut line. If 70 players make the cut, any missed cuts or no shows score 71 that week.

Everyone let me know.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
No objections, unless I end up not winning when I would have won under the previous rules.
200w.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I can understand how some people could like the c*** - everyone has different tastes - but I can't for the life of me understand how there is anyone alive who isn't sick to f***ing death of the slurping and slobbering over Tiger c***ing Woods. F***ing enough already.

• Love
Reactions: bennysflyers16

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I can understand how some people could like the c*** - everyone has different tastes - but I can't for the life of me understand how there is anyone alive who isn't sick to f***ing death of the slurping and slobbering over Tiger c***ing Woods. F***ing enough already.
Same reason why people love Clarke - nostalgia.

I got into golf because of Tiger. I would go nuts if he won one more time....With that being said, I would rather watch the better golfers than him standing getting hit with sand from the wind on the 18th green

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Same reason why people love Clarke - nostalgia.

I got into golf because of Tiger. I would go nuts if he won one more time....With that being said, I would rather watch the better golfers than him standing getting hit with sand from the wind on the 18th green

It's like wanting more Tom Brady - whatever he meant to you, surely, surely this is excessive now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad