Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think had we traded for Peeke it would have been with the 3rd RD spot in mind considering his struggles the past couple years, so I'd hardly consider our RD spots spoken for in such a case.

Frankly in addition to a 2nd pairing RD we should also be looking at adding an extra RD to compete with JBD on the 3rd pairing. Hoping management doesn't think Hamonic is that guy.
You misread, I said that 2 of our 3 spots would be spoken for - one top pairing by Zub and 3rd pairing by Peeke.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I think had we traded for Peeke it would have been with the 3rd RD spot in mind considering his struggles the past couple years, so I'd hardly consider our RD spots spoken for in such a case.

Frankly in addition to a 2nd pairing RD we should also be looking at adding an extra RD to compete with JBD on the 3rd pairing. Hoping management doesn't think Hamonic is that guy.
Management clearly doesn't, look at how many games he suited up for after his injury.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Management clearly doesn't, look at how many games he suited up for after his injury.
Martin mentioned with about 15 games left that Hamonic was still hurt. He only played 1 game after February and I'm guessing afterwards he took a step back.

Wouldnt be shocked to see him LTIRetired

Reactions: Duncstar

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa

Management clearly doesn't, look at how many games he suited up for after his injury
To Ottawa
Adin Hill
Zach Whitecloud

To Vegas
Boston 2024 1st
Sens 2025 2nd
Florida 2025 3rd

Yay or Nay?
Nay. Doesn't move the needle and uses up too many assets for non needle movers. Need a very solid top 4 RHD who will sign. We're going to have competition with several teams. Winnipeg if they let Demelo go, Ducks are rumored to be looking for a top 6 RW and a top 4 Rhd. Arizona looking for D. Going to be lots of competition; it'll have to be a big hockey trade to get our mythical rare Pokémon I mean top 4 Rhd.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Playoffs Goalie stats

15. Hellebuyck .870 5.22
17. Saros .857 2.52
There’s going to be some narrative about “what happened to the mighty jets? What happened to the “buy in” from the regular season? Forwards not helping the D? The D not engaging? Look at this cherry picked backcheck where the guy isn’t moving at 100%”.

“What happened to the late season preds? “.

For most teams to have success their goalie needs to stop the easy ones. And also needs to make pretty amazing saves and make them consistently.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There’s going to be some narrative about “what happened to the mighty jets? What happened to the “buy in” from the regular season? Forwards not helping the D? The D not engaging? Look at this cherry picked backcheck where the guy isn’t moving at 100%”.

“What happened to the late season preds? “.

For most teams to have success their goalie needs to stop the easy ones. And also needs to make pretty amazing saves and make them consistently.
Should become a contributor. InGoal Magazine | The World's Most-Read Goaltending Publication

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Management clearly doesn't, look at how many games he suited up for after his injury

Nay. Doesn't move the needle and uses up too many assets for non needle movers. Need a very solid top 4 RHD who will sign. We're going to have competition with several teams. Winnipeg if they let Demelo go, Ducks are rumored to be looking for a top 6 RW and a top 4 Rhd. Arizona looking for D. Going to be lots of competition; it'll have to be a big hockey trade to get our mythical rare Pokémon I mean top 4 Rhd.
Well, of course good RDs will be in high demand. They always are.

Senators need a few things including a RD.

As for that trade proposal, I’m not sure 2nd & 3rd round picks are that compelling either.

Its going to be an interesting offseason. Staois had lots of work to do. With a new owner that has deep pockets, it will be a new dynamic as well.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Some poster’s posts are monolithic.

It's like the team around them who are not playing as well as their opponent means nothing.
Have you watched the Vancouver games. You think Nashville isn’t playing as well as Vancouver?

If you haven’t watched the games then it proves my point lol.

I would get cancelled for my extreme right wing views on goaltending

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
To Ottawa
Adin Hill
Zach Whitecloud

To Vegas
Boston 2024 1st
Sens 2025 2nd
Florida 2025 3rd

Yay or Nay?
Yes, please.

Hill plays behind a really good defence, but Whitecloud is a part of that defence. Realistically someone like Hill is the best we can hope for in a deal for the Boston 1st. Whitecloud is 27 and is signed to a very good contract. He isn't a legit top 4 guy compared to what else is available, but he might be able to step into that role for us. Even if he doesn't, we finally have some stability on our 3rd pairing which we haven't had in god knows how long.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
They don’t really need chychrun at the moment

Flyers have interest. I think something around Laughton for chychrun will be done
Dont think we really need Holtz, either.

Laughton would be great, so long as you ignore the initial cost paid for Chychrun.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dont think we really need Holtz, either.

Laughton would be great, so long as you ignore the initial cost paid for Chychrun.
I think it will be Laughton +. I mean I don’t love Laughton really I think he gets a little overrated but he won’t be a key contributor and won’t be asked to be either here.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
You have to ignore the acquisition cost of
Chychrun, it was a different regime.
Agreed, it should absolutely not be a factor moving forward. That said, as fans, we can still be frustrated at what was paid vs what we will return. I dont get too hung up on it but it's the reality.
I think it will be Laughton +. I mean I don’t love Laughton really I think he gets a little overrated but he won’t be a key contributor and won’t be asked to be either here.
Depends on how you define key contributor. He would likely be one of our top 10-12 most valuable players and he can anchor a bottom 6 line.

Was Chychrun a key contributor this year? I think Laughton could have been a more valuable piece for us.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Agreed, it should absolutely not be a factor moving forward. That said, as fans, we can still be frustrated at what was paid vs what we will return. I dont get too hung up on it but it's the reality.

Depends on how you define key contributor. He would likely be one of our top 10-12 most valuable players and he can anchor a bottom 6 line.

Was Chychrun a key contributor this year? I think Laughton could have been a more valuable piece for us.
ya...no

Sounds like the Kubalik can be almost as good as DBC talk around here last summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad