Dubois

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If the Habs took PLD off our hands, I'll never say another bad word about their franchise and Habs fans are welcome to come around here and say whatever they want.

I'll also no longer hold any malice towards them for 1993.
Habs fan here accepting the invitation! ;)

Would the Kings be interested in receiving Struble or Barron for someone like Kaliyev?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Habs fan here accepting the invitation! ;)

Would the Kings be interested in receiving Struble or Barron for someone like Kaliyev?
Doable.

We got a pile of young defenseman that are either already NHL ready or will be. Struble, Harris, Barron and all our vets. Just don't ask for X, Mailman, Guhle, Rein and Hutson. They may be the core of a new Ministry of Defense. Or not.

We need serious front end help. Another young top 6 will help accelerate our rebuild. That's was the reason I was a supporter of PLDonkey, before he turned out to be a walking toxic dump.

Obviously our wet dream would be Byfield, but trading him would epically stupid. Kaliyev is interesting but likely small fry. Laferrier? Kempe and Fiala are interesting but a bit outside our timeliness.

We have a lot of young defenseman that are top 6 with possible top 4 future. Problem is how do we fit and help each other.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Doable.

We got a pile of young defenseman that are either already NHL ready or will be. Struble, Harris, Barron and all our vets. Just don't ask for X, Mailman, Guhle, Rein and Hutson. They may be the core of a new Ministry of Defense. Or not.

We need serious front end help. Another young top 6 will help accelerate our rebuild. That's was the reason I was a supporter of PLDonkey, before he turned out to be a walking toxic dump.

Obviously our wet dream would be Byfield, but trading him would epically stupid. Kaliyev is interesting but likely small fry. Laferrier? Kempe and Fiala are interesting but a bit outside our timeliness.

We have a lot of young defenseman that are top 6 with possible top 4 future. Problem is how do we fit and help each other.
Dude, you gotta give Kings fans a chance to weigh in. ;)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I can.

He has the attributes that all 32 teams crave at the center position.

Yes he sucks in real life, but he looks great on paper and has tremendous potential.

This is why I'm still somewhat hopeful the Kings will be able to move him. Some executive out there will think they're buying low on him.

I understand why they made the move. The Kings immediate need was center if they wanted to win RIGHT NOW.

The problem is, the center they got sucks.
I think we can still do a total tear down of the roster for futures and keep PLD, give him all the prime icetimes for a year or two and then deal him afterward or at worse, buy him out if he still doesn’t respond.

Due to the recent failed rebuild, we still have some guys that can come up and take some roster spots for cheap and maybe develop into bottom six and bottom pair.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022

This guy seems to think its possible to ship Le Planeur to the Habs and actually get something in return, I will believe it when I see it. Maybe there's hope. Certainly I cant imagine Douchebois wants to stay here after leaving a giant brown shit streak on the ice all season long.

• Haha
Reactions: elmaco

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden

This guy seems to think its possible to ship Le Planeur to the Habs and actually get something in return, I will believe it when I see it. Maybe there's hope. Certainly I cant imagine Douchebois wants to stay here after leaving a giant brown shit streak on the ice all season long.
Man most posts around here are more thoughtful than that article, if you wanna call it that. "Dubois wasn't good. The Kings should trade Dubois to Montreal and try to get as much as they can in return. It probably won't be as much as they gave up." Yeah no shit.

Reactions: King'sPawn

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
PLD acquisition refresher course.

Sure the thesis they need to be strong down the middle is pretty solid to contend with VGK and EDM...but still not even sure that shouldve been the top priority with giant hole at G. But did they even scout Dubois? When I think of a top 6 center, he has to be defensively responsible - he has to have those instincts - he's the guy that should pick up the 3rd fwd entering the zone and help coverage down low.. look at his defensive metrics.. not good at all.

Now who is this guy Jake Goldberg? Came out of the Coyotes org.. was an OHL scout meaning he went to youth AAA games and high schools so maybe he not qualified to assess Dubois. If he was the guy internally that assessed him, he should be fired.

Last edited:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Pretty much everyone is expecting Blake to be fired. If he stays then PLD is staying and we are praying he finds his game, using him as a tank commander, and who knows because it isn't gonna happen... PLD is the longest-signed King tied with Mikey Anderson - he is about to be the poster child of the franchise and is a culture cancer.

He sounds like a chill guy, Byfield loves and hangs out with him - great, but he brings almost nothing to the ice. I mean, whatever at this point. If he stays then sure the world isn't ending but Kings hockey will be bleak for the next decade guaranteed - I don't know what else to say other than Blake and Luc have to go.

I love Robitaille, my favorite player growing up, don't mind at all that he is part of the franchise and that he cares about the franchise, but he cannot be involved in any operations decisions. He isn't qualified, he doesn't make smart choices, he is as compromised as Gretzky was in that he has all of his buddies and people who have influenced him surrounding him and will always be a boys club member.

Dean made some big mistakes, especially around loyalty, but he pulled the trigger. The timing was bad, it hurt the franchise in more ways than one, but he eventually did what had to be done and terminated Richards when the opportunity presented itself. We have to have some serious people in the office. I am sick and tired of the rancid alumni association and dumbass players ending up with the reins in their hands. Give me the nerdy out-of-touch executive any day at this point. I'd rehire Lombardi in a second I am so sick of this administration and culture. Hell, he didn't make the best decisions either, but give me Kyle Dubas over Blake any day right now.

Steve makes a funny hypothetical that would never happen, but would be a hilarious f*** you to PLD is if the Kings somehow traded PLD back to Columbus for Johnny Gaudreau before his NMC kicks in.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Pretty much everyone is expecting Blake to be fired.
At this point I don't think anyone is expecting him to get fired.

It's been mentioned previously, but when DT and DL were fired it was the day after the final game of the season.

King's last game of this season was on May 1st...

If he stays then PLD is staying
I'm not convinced of that.

Reactions: Telos

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Man most posts around here are more thoughtful than that article, if you wanna call it that. "Dubois wasn't good. The Kings should trade Dubois to Montreal and try to get as much as they can in return. It probably won't be as much as they gave up." Yeah no shit.
Yeah the guy didnt put much effort into the article, sort of a Dubois-like effort.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Pierre scored one less goal than Danault this season. With less minutes and worse wingers. And Phil was +12 vs Pierre’s-9.

So, assuming all the baggage is run back, do you play Pierre more and take your chances on the defensive zone? If you do, then the coach needs to be ready to carry some water, and it’ll be on the ice, instead of the media scrums, which is where Todd earned his money.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
At this point I don't think anyone is expecting him to get fired.

It's been mentioned previously, but when DT and DL were fired it was the day after the final game of the season.

King's last game of this season was on May 1st...

I'm not convinced of that.
What I meant by the first point is that everyone outside of Kings fans is expecting Blake to get canned. No one expects the Kings to keep him, but it is true on the second point that I can see Blake doing something about PLD. He has shown that he doesn't have the same loyalty that Lombardi did and will cut throats if he has to. The problem is not would he, it is wondering if he is allowed to. PLD has Robitaille's fingerprints on it and I am very unconvinced that Blake has full autonomy outside of Luc's wishes.

Reactions: chris kontos

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For the love of...

PLDonkey is like a recurring nightmare. Now we hear mumblings about him traded to the Habs.

I trust Hughes will want Byfield attached to that trade.

Can you guys PLEASE buy him out so he can retire to some beer league and stop polluting our brains.

Do it for our mental health...

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
When i read that article the first thing that came to mind...is LSD still around?

Don't be suprised if the trade talks include multiple firsts or Byfield included in the trade. The contract is absolutely toxic and no GM wants to saddled 7 years of that without an excuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad