Carrier/Amadio-Lazar-Bastian
Foote

Hughes-Larsson
Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Dillon-Nemec
Bahl-Hatakka

Markstrom
Allen

Please, slow it down. Coleman and Markstrom could be nothing after two years, 10OA could be top 4 LD or top 6 F after 2-3 years.

Yeah I know people just want to throw the pick to waste it because unpatienced but 10OA is a big asset and Fitz is smart gm, he will trade it for younger player like Chycrun with extension. May be not for Chychrun, personally not a fan. But overall concept is about longer term impact.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Trade 1

NJD
10th Overall
Schmid
Holtz

CGY
Markstrom (5m)
Coleman (3.5m)
29th Overall
I think I'd do it. Goalie is obviously the big target for NJ, and Markstrom was pretty good last year, and a workhorse in general.

But Coleman is the key for me. Brings speed, physical play, goal scoring and high end defense. Yes he's 32 but he was always a physical specimen, rarely misses games, and is showing no signs of slowing down.

Hit on that 29th pick and we are rolling.

Please, slow it down. Coleman and Markstrom could be nothing after two years, 10OA could be top 4 LD or top 6 F after 2-3 years.

Yeah I know people just want to throw the pick to waste it because unpatienced but 10OA is a big asset and Fitz is smart gm, he will trade it for younger player like Chycrun with extension. May be not for Chychrun, personally not a fan. But overall concept is about longer term impact.
Or Coleman and Markstrom could be big components of multiple playoffs runs and the 10OA could be nothing.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think I'd do it. Goalie is obviously the big target for NJ, and Markstrom was pretty good last year, and a workhorse in general.

But Coleman is the key for me. Brings speed, physical play, goal scoring and high end defense. Yes he's 32 but he was always a physical specimen, rarely misses games, and is showing no signs of slowing down.

Hit on that 29th pick and we are rolling.

Or Coleman and Markstrom could be big components of multiple playoffs runs and the 10OA could be nothing.
10OA will be bigger component for more playoff runs. He has less chances to be nothing than markstrom with his previous season, last two months and his age. Coleman is quite good for trading him, but not for 10OA. May be even Markstrom is good, but waaaay less then 10oa even with Coleman and late first round pick.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
10OA will be bigger component for more playoff runs. He has less chances to be nothing than markstrom with his previous season, last two months and his age. Coleman is quite good for trading him, but not for 10OA.
Could be.

And we would be getting back the 29th pick. Which could prove to be a better player then the 10th oa.

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
I don't see the need to make a big move. Vancouver made a giant leap this season by just adding depth pieces (Cole, Soucy, Suter, Lafferty, Blueger) to add a bit of toughness/defense to their team. This Devils team has a talented core in place, just go out and add some players that can boost the depth of this team and make them tougher to play against.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Questionable value on the trades aside, the sample lineup is baffling to me too. Coleman and Larsson on our top line and top pairing, respectively?

Those guys are fine complementary players, but belong nowhere near the top lines at this stage of their careers.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
If we move 10oa it's going to be for a legitimate top 6 player or a top 4 dman. It won't be for a goalie IMO. We'll use our 2025 1st in that deal considering the market we're entering there (older, non-cost controlled types). Only way we're moving 10oa is if Nashville brings Askarov to the table and we all know that's not happening nor is Fitz going to put his job on the line with an unproven goalie no matter the upside. So, yeah, 10oa isn't moving for a goalie.

Reactions: Oneiro and Forge

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Could be.

And we would be getting back the 29th pick. Which could prove to be a better player then the 10th oa.
Again. What you are selling for has less chances. 10OA has bigger chances to succeed, especially long term. Of course if our scoring group will do their home work, if not - 29th pick will not be better player. Markstrom is old, Coleman isn't young and cost less than 10oa.

So no to this bad trades of 10oa. Its just a pure logic. 1oa could be bad player. Doesn't mean team should trade him for proven nhlers.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I wonder if Lowry would waive and move on from Winnipeg. Or someone like Brandon Tanev.

Reactions: Mgd31

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
i would target McNabb or Hague from Vegas bc they are tight on cap space with Hanifin contract . Bahl or Hatakka as #7
McNabb is perfect for Devils. Defensive defenseman that block shots, can play top 4 minutes and great cap hit. Perfect stop gap for one season to see if the likes of Sigenthaler can bounce back or Bahl to continue his development without being forced into a top 4 role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad