Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Edmonton wins it in overtime. Series tied 1-1.

Oilers outshot the Canucks 18-4 in the 3rd period and overtime. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
My therapist says I should have limits on the amount of hate I have for other hockey teams. I keep proving her wrong (out of spite).

Hoping Carolina gets beat by NYR after four D-men go down, Boston loses and Marchand suffers a major injury, Dallas loses in game 6 to the Avs on a botched goal review, and the Oilers lose in some kind of way that makes McDavid want to bolt for Buffalo. All kinds of wrongs can be made right in the next two weeks...if only my hatred can manifest itself properly.
I'm not trying to say that I have a Marchand shaped voodoo doll with a rat-f@#$ face intricately drawn on it, that I repeatedly stick with pins monotonously for 2 1/2 hrs every Boston playoff game, but my left hand does happen to have a few tiny stab wounds from when I'm not aiming that well.

Reactions: rams

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
He took that run and looked like a super ball bouncing off Bennett. He wasn't the same aftet

But Bennett couldn’t do a pull up at the combine!

Franchise is terrible at talent evaluation, they don't know what they have until it's gone. Or massively overpay players above their ability

The skeleton crew for pro scouting is to thank. Or perhaps the person who decided they can’t hire a full staff should be thanked.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Oh god, the 'Canes goalie just let one in that you just can't do in the playoffs with your team down 3-0 in the series.

Puck shot from behind the goal line, banked off the 'Canes goalie, and in, to tie it at 3. 3rd period.

Weak assed goal as you're fighting (at home) to not be swept out of the playoffs.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas

Super clear angle of Bennett sucker punching Marchand. Dirtbag on dirtbag crime.

Yeah, I was taken in by the original video and thought it was basically clean.

But now? Is there any chance that DoPS takes another look at this?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Super clear angle of Bennett sucker punching Marchand. Dirtbag on dirtbag crime.

1) What type of bullshit Mickey Mouse league wouldn't have found that angle of the video until days later?

2) How can the league justify not giving Bennett at least a 5 game ban? That was close to Kermit Washington sucker punch territory in terms of how filthy and deliberate it was.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I still don't feel bad for the bruins. They've been notorious for getting away with cheap dirty shots over the last 15 years... Especially Marchant.

Should Bennet have gotten a suspension? Yeah! but this whole woe is me mentality bruins fans are throwing out there is so hypocritical. You're getting a taste of your own medicine. STFU

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I still don't feel bad the bruins. They've been notorious for getting away with cheat dirty shots over the last 15 years... Especially Marchant.

Should Bennet have gotten a suspension? Yeah! but this whole woe is me mentally bruins fans are throwing out there is so hypocritical. You're getting a taste of your own medicine. STFU
Honestly would rather take a punch to the face then have someone lick me like a rat.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad