Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Oh yeah I don't care about Marchand getting punched. Don't like seeing players get concussed, but if there's one guy that probably deserves it it's Marchand. But I'm definitely here for the retaliation.

Helps that I absolutely love Boston. And don't mind the Panthers one bit either.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Oh yeah I don't care about Marchand getting punched. Don't like seeing players get concussed, but if there's one guy that probably deserves it it's Marchand. But I'm definitely here for the retaliation.

Helps that I absolutely love Boston. And don't mind the Panthers one bit either.
Was he concussed? Because I thought he kept playing after that and even laid another hit where there was helmet to helmet contact. And some are speculating that is where he got truly injured. I dunno, this is already too many posts about Marchand for my liking.

Reactions: 70sSanO

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Was he concussed? Because I thought he kept playing after that and even laid another hit where there was helmet to helmet contact. And some are speculating that is where he got truly injured. I dunno, this is already too many posts about Marchand already for my liking.
He's in protocol, at the very least. Probably wouldn't be if he wasn't expressing symptoms. Could be it was that, could be it was the helmet-to-helmet, could be a combination of both. We'll never know.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Was he concussed? Because I thought he kept playing after that and even laid another hit where there was helmet to helmet contact. And some are speculating that is where he got truly injured. I dunno, this is already too many posts about Marchand for my liking.
The second hit was basically just tapping helmets, the only way that caused a concussion is if he already had one and it just made the symptoms explode to where he couldn’t hide it any more.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
The second hit was basically just tapping helmets, the only way that caused a concussion is if he already had one and it just made the symptoms explode to where he couldn’t hide it any more.
Yeah, and on a TNT clip I saw you could clearly see Marchand stumble onto the bench after that Bennett punch. Could barely stay on his skates. Definitely concussion-like enough for me to be willing to put money down on Bennett having concussed him.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, and on a TNT clip I saw you could clearly see Marchand stumble onto the bench after that Bennett punch. Could barely stay on his skates. Definitely concussion-like enough for me to be willing to put money down on Bennett having concussed him.
Yeah, Pang SAID “maybe it was the second hit a little later…” but what he clearly MEANT was “I have no idea wtf DOP$ was thinking letting this go”.

Reactions: Dryish

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I understand why the coach is upset, but you can't overturn that on a challenge. The refs on the ice should have called him for a cross check.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I guess if the offensive guy doesn't interfere, then you can always push any defending guy into the goalie without any goalie interference. That's the standard now.
If you start calling that, the defender will just launch into his own goalie anytime he's touched and say he got pushed in.

Also, no way Swayman was saving that whether he got bumped or not. The reason the goal was scored was because Bennett cleared Coyle out to get to the puck. The refs on the ice need to call that.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Don't feel sorry at all for Marchand. He's been the deliverer of tons of cheap shots among other things over the years. Sorry bud, too bad for you.
Yeah, I'm not feeling sorry for Boston and especially Marchand who have been cheapshotting for years.

Some of the pearl clutching this year painting Boston as some innocent victim is hilarious, given some of the players and style of play they have employed over the years.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Yeah, I'm not feeling sorry for Boston and especially Marchand who have been cheapshotting for years.

Some of the pearl clutching this year painting Boston as some innocent victim is hilarious, given some of the players and style of play they have employed over the years.
Yeah, this is the guy people are up in arms about because he maybe got cheapshotted:

:nopity:

Don't dish it out if you can't take it back. That goes for Sam Bennett as well.

Reactions: mightyquack

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Boston have been outclassed all series, even the game they won, Florida felt like the better team, Swayman was just unbelievable.

They have no ability to get any sort of sustained offensive pressure. They seem to just dump it in, try and retrieve it, send it back to the blue line and fire it at goal.....not a recipe for success in the playoffs, unless you're playing Toronto.

Reactions: ADHB and AngelDuck

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If you start calling that, the defender will just launch into his own goalie anytime he's touched and say he got pushed in.

Also, no way Swayman was saving that whether he got bumped or not. The reason the goal was scored was because Bennett cleared Coyle out to get to the puck. The refs on the ice need to call that.

Except you have video the defender was "cross-checked" and the loose puck wouldn't have been that easy to put into the net. Somehow that logic isn't introduced and the logic that a cross-check isn't a penalty.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Except you have video the defender was "cross-checked" and the loose puck wouldn't have been that easy to put into the net. Somehow that logic isn't introduced and the logic that a cross-check isn't a penalty.
Again, that's on the ref on the ice. You can't call a penalty on video review.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
146 shots v 78 shots is an absolutely insane difference through 4 games. 36.5 shots per game v 19.5 shots per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad