Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Zadorov is going to get overpaid but he’s worth his weight in gold in the playoffs.

He pushes players out of series
Interesting listening to Rupp talking about the hit Trouba attempted on Necas. Said players need to be aware of when he is on the ice and some fear going against him. We do not have such an intimidating top 3 dman although McCabe, Benoit, Boosh and Ed were punishing these playoffs.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Interesting listening to Rupp talking about the hit Trouba attempted on Necas. Said players need to be aware of when he is on the ice and some fear going against him. We do not have such an intimidating top 3 dman although McCabe, Benoit, Boosh and Ed were punishing these playoffs.
We don't but besides Trouba, I'm not sure there is another top 2/3 dman in the league who has that.

Reactions: ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Funny that unless the high stick is a follow through a high stick is a penalty is a penalty is a penalty.

Yet, accidental trips, or crosschecks, or slew foots can be dismissed because no intent?

Horsepoppy.

That means pucks over the glass should rarely be called because there is no intent.

NHL officiating is a joke.

DOPS is the ultimate joke.
Did they call a penalty? Could have called two, but I don’t know about a suspension?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Zadorov is going to get overpaid but he’s worth his weight in gold in the playoffs.

He pushes players out of series

Yes, he will...i wanted him when he was with Colorado...a big and strong defender...i remember a poster argued that his "numbers" on paper don't look good...might have been a Dubas supporter, lol...this is the kind of dmen we need, and he's been huge for Vancouver in these playoffs...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah....Max is the guy you want to carry a team :)

Leafs have talented hockey players too......we can let ours all go if you like and keep Domi....would be funny seeing our stars win a cup with another team....you know like Kessel ...and others who were run out of town.

But hey...we can hail Max just like his Dad and make him a God in TO for absolutely winning nothing :)
No, like I said Max can’t carry a team, despite his efforts. As we’ve seen, the Leafs “stars” have shown no indication that they will be good in the playoffs.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Yes, he will...i wanted him when he was with Colorado...a big and strong defender...i remember a poster argued that his "numbers" on paper don't look good...might have been a Dubas supporter, lol...this is the kind of dmen we need, and he's been huge for Vancouver in these playoffs...

Add Zadorov to the list of players that a certain group of posters told us is trash and ended up very very wrong.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Not many teams do tbf, Phaneuf was that player for us for a brief period, can't think of anyone since then that really kept the opposition honest. I think Benoit has it in him.

Reactions: ToneDog

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I am almost never a guy that talks about refs because I think it's a loser, cop-out attitude.

That said, I do think it's funny when Bruins fans are complaining about it because now they know how it feels for not just Toronto, but also teams like Montreal and Vancouver, to play them.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018

Same here, I thought the Avs were crazy to let him go at the time. He completely erased Tkachuk from that series vs the Flames. I was hoping we were gonna pick up Zadorov this season when the rumours came out Tre was interested. Our depth pickups on the back end punched above their weight though.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I am almost never a guy that talks about refs because I think it's a loser, cop-out attitude.

That said, I do think it's funny when Bruins fans are complaining about it because now they know how it feels for not just Toronto, but also teams like Montreal and Vancouver, to play them.

Bruins fans complaining about the zebras? Why, that can't be.:sarcasm:

Reactions: HolyCrap

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Bruins fans complaining about the zebras? Why, that can't be.:sarcasm:
Yeah and like I said I hate when people complain about the refs because 99% of the time it's such a loser thing that losers do. But there is a part of me that is like "now you know how we feel."

Rangers and Panthers are the best teams in the EC anyways.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

they are losing it on Zolak and Bertrand on NBC sports Boston this morning, lol one guy even called in and said the situation room should be moved out of Toronto, and moved stateside lol

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
they are losing it on Zolak and Bertrand on NBC sports Boston this morning, lol one guy even called in and said the situation room should be moved out of Toronto, and moved stateside lol
I was unaware that Sunrise, FL was in Canada. I have technically lived in Canada now!

Reactions: Cleetus

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Hard to suspend him when the intention was to pop him in the chest and he was knocked over. They’re all in there yapping at each other and that stuff happens when guys are trying to win the Cup.

Well, he has a hearing

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Got to give him credit. He skated his way into a 4 year/19 million dollar contract. Canucks fans are talking about buying him out this summer.
There's no way in hell he will be bought out, traded maybe but that's only because we need as much cap as possible.

His first season he was scoring and putting up points but he likely came back to early for his injury and never really got his speed back until March. He's a good bounce back candidate and is still an excellent defensive player. Not worth his current contract ATM so a sweetener would be needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad