Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

For all the terror Marchand has inflicted on others since the Sedin head punching days, it took an even bigger, newer asshole to cheap shot him out of a series. Guess it will only be a matter of time before we get the inevitable Rempe-Trouba duo on Bennett and the Cats. Meowww.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Everyone we compared Matthews and Marner to around the league has outstaged all our players

Last year Eichel. Who was above points per game player. Won a Stanly cup

Barkov this year and last year
Broeser

It's always other teams stars comes through, except for ours

I didn't want to embarass myself by talking about Mack, Drai and McJesus

We should never again talk down about other teams stars

You noticed all those players could shoot and pass the puck, and aren't afraid of physical hockey? Leafs really need to ship Marner outta here this summer...8 years of seeing him float around the perimeter with a weak shot is enough.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto

For all the terror Marchand has inflicted on others since the Sedin head punching days, it took an even bigger, newer asshole to cheap shot him out of a series. Guess it will only be a matter of time before we get the inevitable Rempe-Trouba duo on Bennett and the Cats. Meowww.

Not for one second of my life did I feel bad about not caring that a Leaf did this.

Well earned cheap shot is well earned cheap shot.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-05-13-07-15-05~2.png

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
What would be the media reaction in Toronto if someone did this to Matthews after the game with no response?

Matthews was concussed likely another "rock bottom" style slam to the ice. This year in the Bruins series. The same kind of slam that concussed Knies last year in the playoffs.

I don't care what happens to the other team's stars. As a matter of fact, I'm all for it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Trouba against Bennett and Tkachuk would be fun, if it happens.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
McDavid has too many connections to Toronto (both he and his wife here, getting married here this summer, etc.) and pumps their tires too much to not be interested. He called them his favourite team to watch last offseason knowing the Oilers fans would hate it.

We need to keep the cap space, he's one of the more likely stars to come to Toronto. Toronto is one of the rare teams where McDavid would play with a better goalscorer than he already has in Edmonton.

I want him to sign here just for the total HF meltdown. Connor will go from the greatest player in the world to a scrub in no time flat.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Playoff rules....where you can crosscheck players in the face, neck..etc and the refs turn a blind eye.

Just make the rules consistant all year so teams, coaches , players can adapt

Only professional sport that changes rules to promote goons.

Good to see the Bruins lose again. 15 yrs of top talent and only one cup. I guess the players can always put up plaques on their wall for playoff wins. :)

Reactions: OddyOh

horner

May 22, 2007
It's amazing to me how many ex leafs are in the playoffs and we have nothing to show for it.
Verhaeghe
Rodrigues
Dakota
Brazeau on the PP
Marchment

• Wow
Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What would be the media reaction in Toronto if someone did this to Matthews after the game with no response?

Hard to suspend him when the intention was to pop him in the chest and he was knocked over. They’re all in there yapping at each other and that stuff happens when guys are trying to win the Cup.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Avs outhit the stars....they are down in the series

Canes out hit the Rangers....Canes are down 3-1

Alot of teams have been out hit in the playoffs but still continue to win.

Interesting....we got more grit and hits and failed again.

Maybe its more about the goalies.....hmmm....or scoring goals.....special teams.

I looked at Kane ...and he was laughing after that push over the bench. Was that worth a penalty?

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Maybe its more about the goalies.....hmmm....or scoring goals.....special teams.

I looked at Kane ...and he was laughing after that push over the bench. Was that worth a penalty?

Don’t forget those teams have talented hockey players, too. Got to fix that void first. God bless Max Domi, but he can’t carry a team by himself.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Don’t forget those teams have talented hockey players, too. Got to fix that void first. God bless Max Domi, but he can’t carry a team by himself.

Yeah....Max is the guy you want to carry a team :)

Leafs have talented hockey players too......we can let ours all go if you like and keep Domi....would be funny seeing our stars win a cup with another team....you know like Kessel ...and others who were run out of town.

But hey...we can hail Max just like his Dad and make him a God in TO for absolutely winning nothing :)

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Yeah....Max is the guy you want to carry a team :)

Leafs have talented hockey players too......we can let ours all go if you like and keep Domi....would be funny seeing our stars win a cup with another team....you know like Kessel ...and others who were run out of town.

But hey...we can hail Max just like his Dad and make him a God in TO for absolutely winning nothing :)

At least it would be at a cheaper rate than Marner.

Reactions: Jmo89

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Hard to suspend him when the intention was to pop him in the chest and he was knocked over. They’re all in there yapping at each other and that stuff happens when guys are trying to win the Cup.

Funny that unless the high stick is a follow through a high stick is a penalty is a penalty is a penalty.

Yet, accidental trips, or crosschecks, or slew foots can be dismissed because no intent?

Horsepoppy.

That means pucks over the glass should rarely be called because there is no intent.

NHL officiating is a joke.

DOPS is the ultimate joke.

Reactions: OddyOh and Jmo89

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Toughness is about being able to play through physicality. Not dish it out. Sure, dishing it out looks good and gets fans riled up, but in reality if you cannot play through the physical play, you are never going to win. It is one thing to try, it is another to avoid it altogether (Marner the entire series). He is the main problem (considering impact to the team etc.), but not the only one. Timmy has a problem with this as well.

Regardless, outhitting while looking cool isn't really what toughness is all about.

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad