Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This organization managed to draft some skill players for once and became so overzealous that they overpaid drastically. Marner is an 8 - 8.5 million dollar player, the same as Nylander. Matthews shouldn't be in the same pay bracket as McDavid and Mackinnon. Leaf fans aren't stupid, we know that we are paying more for less.

Everyone we compared Matthews and Marner to around the league has outstaged all our players

Last year Eichel. Who was above points per game player. Won a Stanly cup

Barkov this year and last year
Broeser

It's always other teams stars comes through, except for ours

I didn't want to embarass myself by talking about Mack, Drai and McJesus

We should never again talk down about other teams stars

Reactions: hamzarocks

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
This organization managed to draft some skill players for once and became so overzealous that they overpaid drastically. Marner is an 8 - 8.5 million dollar player, the same as Nylander. Matthews shouldn't be in the same pay bracket as McDavid and Mackinnon. Leaf fans aren't stupid, we know that we are paying more for less.
Not according to this guy:

1000003717.jpg

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
There is absolutely no reason why the Leafs' powerplay can't and shouldn't be as automatic as the Oilers'. My goodness is that Oilers PP clinical.

Reactions: 3blizzard4

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Not according to this guy:

View attachment 869570
I always feels like posters like this and dekes have some insecurity they are taking out on forum members thinking we are all dumbass low iq jocks who failed grade 9 algebra. I remember when this guy said I was "surprisingly" right when I noticed an intricacy about some stat he was posting. Like no man, I work with spreadsheets all day and have taken courses on statistics - I just don't think over reliance on it the way these guys do is the way to build a successful team and after staring at numbers all day at work the last thing I want to do is to do some more of that when unwinding with a hockey game. Like for the Domi and Bert point ... Domi was the best/second best player for us in terms of impact in the post season. To judge him based on a per 60 stat in the regular season in contrast to other players with a similar contract doesn't explain why they paid him what they did in the first place.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
There is absolutely no reason why the Leafs' powerplay can't and shouldn't be as automatic as the Oilers'. My goodness is that Oilers PP clinical.

We don't have Bouchard. That point shot changes everything

They have to come out to take that shot away. In out case everyone just focuses on Matthews and wingers. Nobody is afraid of Reillys shot

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
It'll be interesting to see how far this rope a dope strategy the Canucks are doing can take them in the playoffs. Feels like they've been outplayed in most of their games so far.

Good. Just want Boston and Edmonton out and then I don’t care who wins.
I can't stand the Canucks. Sooner they return to mediocrity the better

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We don't have Bouchard. That point shot changes everything

They have to come out to take that shot away. In out case everyone just focuses on Matthews and wingers. Nobody is afraid of Reillys shot
The PP was elite with Barrie as well though in 2021

Mcdavid, & Draisaitl at better at every facet of hockey on the PP then Mcdavid and Marner

Hyman and Nuge also better than Nylander and Tavares on the PP

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Edmonton is an unlikeable team. Kane trying to play it cool there after getting dumped into the bench was hilarious. I am probably in the minority, but I can't stand McDavid.

Cute little kick from Kane there as well.
It’s always the same stupid look when they get a penalty call too. “Who meeeee?!?!”

The only reason they’re anywhere at all is piss poor reffing and the fact they get to shoot on the worst goalies in the playoffs every year.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It'll be interesting to see how far this rope a dope strategy the Canucks are doing can take them in the playoffs. Feels like they've been outplayed in most of their games so far.

I can't stand the Canucks. Sooner they return to mediocrity the better
Their run of good fortune will end in round 3 max.

Reactions: 3blizzard4

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Their run of good fortune will end in round 3 max.
Maybe, maybe not. Either way NYR or Florida take them down. The cup is in the East this year no doubt about it

Another poorly officiated game. They let so much go and then Nurse gets a soft call, followed up by random penalties on the Zadorov/Kane play.
At least it’s trash both ways and not 6 mins of blatant missed PP time for Vancouver (game 2).

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad