50 Contracts Tracking 2024-25

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Wanted to quickly put a thread together to track our 50 contracts so we can monitor available spaces for UFA's, trades, and likely prospect signings:

NHL Forwards:
1) N.Suzuki
2) C.Caulfield
3) B.Gallager
4) J.Anderson
5) C.Dvorak
6) J.Armia
7) A.Newhook
8) J.Evans
9) R.Harvey-Pinard
10) J.Slafkovsky
11) M.Pezzetta
12) K.Dach
13) J.Roy
Note: Assuming Pearson and White both gone

RFA Forward:
14) J.Ylonen (assuming he'll be re-signed but not certain)

AHL Forwards:
15) F.Mesar
16) S.Farrell
17) E.Heineman
18) O.Beck
19) J.Perreault
20) X.Simoneau
21) R.Kidney
22) B.Gignac
23) L.Condotta
24) L.Tuch
25) F.Xhekaj

UFA & RFA AHL Forwards:
26/27) Assuming we'll use approximately two slots to resign a couple of these guys (F.Cederqvist, P.Maillet, M.Stephens, L.Andersson, A.Durandeau, J.Davidson)

NHL Dmen:
28) M.Matheson
29) D.Savard
30) J.Harris
31) K.Guhle
32) J.Kovacevic
33) J.Struble
Note: Wideman gone

RFA Dmen:
34) J.Barron
35) A.Xhekaj

AHL Dmen:
36) L.Hutson
37) D.Reinbacher
38) L.Mailloux
39) W.Trudeau
40) A.Engstrom

RFA UFA Dmen:
41) B.Keeper - Assuming he's extended
Note: Assuming M.Lorlinder (RFA) is not extended

NHL Goaltender:
42) S.Montembeault
43) C.Primeau
Note: C.Price on LTIR and contract not part of total

AHL Goaltender:
44) J.Dobes

That leaves us with 6 slots. I'm assuming we'll sign O.Kapanen but he'll be returned to SHL so won't count. Assuming we'll use our remaining slots to bring in a veteran forward and a few veteran AHL'ers. Am I missing anyone that has a contract or might get signed?

Reactions: Nevins and ReHabs

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Rights to Davidson and Guindon expire June 1, 2024- may use a slot on one or both. This years 1st may get a contract- but may slide

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wanted to quickly put a thread together to track our 50 contracts so we can monitor available spaces for UFA's, trades, and likely prospect signings:

NHL Forwards:
1) N.Suzuki
2) C.Caulfield
3) B.Gallager
4) J.Anderson
5) C.Dvorak
6) J.Armia
7) A.Newhook
8) J.Evans
9) R.Harvey-Pinard
10) J.Slafkovsky
11) M.Pezzetta
12) K.Dach
13) J.Roy
Note: Assuming Pearson and White both gone

RFA Forward:
14) J.Ylonen (assuming he'll be re-signed but not certain)

AHL Forwards:
15) F.Mesar
16) S.Farrell
17) E.Heineman
18) O.Beck
19) J.Perreault
20) X.Simoneau
21) R.Kidney
22) B.Gignac
23) L.Condotta
24) L.Tuch
25) F.Xhekaj

UFA & RFA AHL Forwards:
26/27) Assuming we'll use approximately two slots to resign a couple of these guys (F.Cederqvist, P.Maillet, M.Stephens, L.Andersson, A.Durandeau, J.Davidson)

NHL Dmen:
28) M.Matheson
29) D.Savard
30) J.Harris
31) K.Guhle
32) J.Kovacevic
33) J.Struble
Note: Wideman gone

RFA Dmen:
34) J.Barron
35) A.Xhekaj

AHL Dmen:
36) L.Hutson
37) D.Reinbacher
38) L.Mailloux
39) W.Trudeau
40) A.Engstrom

RFA UFA Dmen:
41) B.Keeper - Assuming he's extended
Note: Assuming M.Lorlinder (RFA) is not extended

NHL Goaltender:
42) S.Montembeault
43) C.Primeau
Note: C.Price on LTIR and contract not part of total

AHL Goaltender:
44) J.Dobes

That leaves us with 6 slots. I'm assuming we'll sign O.Kapanen but he'll be returned to SHL so won't count. Assuming we'll use our remaining slots to bring in a veteran forward and a few veteran AHL'ers. Am I missing anyone that has a contract or might get signed?

Add Xhekaj to the D list. Right now, we have 38 under contract according to cap friendly

RFA's we likely sign
* Ylonen
* Xhekaj
* Barron

Takes us to 41 with lots of wiggle room.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Personally I don't think Ylonen is likely to get re-signed. We are probably running 13F/8D, and he doesn't make the cut. We also have better callups in case of injuries so there's really no point in re-signing him except as an AHL vet, and it just makes more sense to sign a real AHL vet for that and give Ylonen the chance to try and find an NHL team willing to give him a chance.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Personally I don't think Ylonen is likely to get re-signed. We are probably running 13F/8D, and he doesn't make the cut. We also have better callups in case of injuries so there's really no point in re-signing him except as an AHL vet, and it just makes more sense to sign a real AHL vet for that and give Ylonen the chance to try and find an NHL team willing to give him a chance.

They'll probably qualify him for a final year but without any reservations about putting him on waivers if his training camp is poor.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Rights to Davidson and Guindon expire June 1, 2024- may use a slot on one or both. This years 1st may get a contract- but may slide
I have Davidson as a potential contract (see #26/27)
Don't believe Guindon will get a contract - maybe an AHL/ECHL deal

Add Xhekaj to the D list. Right now, we have 38 under contract according to cap friendly

RFA's we likely sign
* Ylonen
* Xhekaj
* Barron

Takes us to 41 with lots of wiggle room.
I've got F.Xhekaj at #25 and A.Xhekaj at #35.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
They'll probably qualify him for a final year but without any reservations about putting him on waivers if his training camp is poor.
Agreed - he has asset value (even if low right now) and we have wiggle room with 44 contracts. Much better to extend and give him a shot with the risk of losing him on waivers as opposed to letting him go for nothing.

Curious why he's not playing in the World Championships - he needs to show he can step it up

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad