Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I really think the off-season priority should be Drouin.

And the status of Gabe.
I still maintain that the status of Gabe will be known this spring.

In fact, is that his music I hear coming from Ball Arena??

Just kidding... Gabe doesn't play music, he plays a viking blow horn.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Ohhh no I am not okay with Johnson coming back. This should be it for him. At least in an Avs sweater. His performance in these playoffs has been...bad to say the least.
Really? JMFJ hasn't been on the ice for any goal against in the Dallas series and xG are hovering right around 50%. His xG in the Winnipeg series was 65%, highest of any full-time Avs defenseman. I know it's against weaker competition, but I thought he's played solid, low-event minutes and the numbers back this up.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For reference next year with Nuke terminated we would now be looking roughly at:

Landy(7.0) - Mack(12.6) - Mikko(9.25)
Lehky(4.5) - Mittelstadt(???) - ????
Wood(2.5) - Colton(4.0) - Kovalenko(0.9)
Cogs*(0.8) - ???? - LOC(1.05)
Wanger(0.8)

Toews(7.25) - Makar(9.0)
Girard(5.0) - Manson(4.5)
Johnson*(0.8) - ????

Georgiev(3.4)
Annunen(0.8)

That group would only be coming in at $74.15M. Mittelstadt and Drouin combine for ~$10M(Which IMO is on the high end for those two) and you still have $3.35M for your 4C, 3RD, and an extra Dman for a 22 man roster.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
For reference next year with Nuke terminated we would now be looking roughly at:

Wanger(0.8)

Toews(7.25) - Makar(9.0)
Johnson*(0.8) - ????

Georgiev(3.4)
Annunen(0.8)

That group would only be coming in at $74.15M. Mittelstadt and Drouin combine for ~$10M(Which IMO is on the high end for those two) and you still have $3.35M for your 4C, 3RD, and an extra Dman for a 22 man roster.
You have to account for the penalty for terminating Nuke. See Richards/Perry.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010

Wanger(0.8)

Toews(7.25) - Makar(9.0)
Johnson*(0.8) - ????

Georgiev(3.4)
Annunen(0.8)

Unlikely that Nuke's termination would be a clean slate

Reactions: The Moops

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This discussion is so misguided.

It starts with clarification of Landeskog (that may not come).

Then it’s, what’s Rantanen’s number. He’s already said he foresees resigning with the Avs.

Then it’s what’s the value disparity between someone like Girard and, say, Jones or Behrens.

What do the Avs do about 2 RD? Let Walker walk? Trade Manson? Both?

Lehkonen or Rantanen? If there’s one player who has been frustrating for MacFarland, it’s most likely Nichushkin.

And unfortunately, here we are. Bummer. 😞

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What is the penalty on Perry? Cap Friendly doesn't have any termination penalties listed for any of his contracts(They do for Richards).

Probably will be a penalty but I wouldn't say its guaranteed, since we dont know what exactly has transpired behind closed doors. Different situation but the Sharks never had a cap penalty for terminating Evander Kane's contract.
Unlikely that Nuke's termination would be a clean slate

See above. I could see it going either way depending on what's happened behind the scenes.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What is the penalty on Perry? Cap Friendly doesn't have any termination penalties listed for any of his contracts(They do for Richards).

Probably will be a penalty but I wouldn't say its guaranteed, since we dont know what exactly has transpired behind closed doors. Different situation but the Sharks never had a cap penalty for terminating Evander Kane's contract.

See above. I could see it going either way depending on what's happened behind the scenes.
IIRC Chicago carries Perry's full hit this year and paid out the difference in his contract between Edmonton and Chicago.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
What was the Richard’s penalty. Didn’t think they disclosed how much was paid to him and the only cap penalty I remember was they got hit with the Cap recapture penalty for having one of those backdiving contracts

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What was the Richard’s penalty. Didn’t think they disclosed how much was paid to him and the only cap penalty I remember was they got hit with the Cap recapture penalty for having one of those backdiving contracts

Reactions: GeoRox89

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
There's ongoing termination fees, but they're pretty small honestly:

1715651194240.png

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

There's ongoing termination fees, but they're pretty small honestly:

View attachment 870329
Penalties that low would be a huge win for the Avs really. Their biggest hit was basically the recapture ones

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Penalties that low would be a huge win for the Avs really. Their biggest hit was basically the recapture ones
Yeah pretty much.

The first year was kind of rough at $1.8M but every year after that has been below $1M. If the Avs can get something similar its pretty easily manageable quite frankly.

I'm not convinced it even comes to that point honestly. I have a feeling what's actually been happening behind the scenes ends up being enough for the Avs to win the termination case without having a cap penalty.

Reactions: Bender and GeoRox89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad