OT: 2024-2025 All Non-Hockey Sports Talk MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
KC looked good vs MIA who were frauds all year.
You have to laugh at DAL though. They're literally the Leafs of NHL.

My brother and fave coworker are jacked for DET winning. Both long time fans since Barry Sanders days so I can relate to them as a Panthers fan waiting forever on a playoff run or great season in general.

Baltimore vs Houston should be a fun game and I hope my 49ers can smack the Packers, just like they always do.

Bills had a great game vs PIT in perfect Buffalo weather and Eagles struggling early vs Bucs.
Dallas cost me money. I'm not laughing. I should have known better than to bet on Dallas. But I just didn't believe in Green Bay and I still don't. I think San Francisco wins pretty good this coming weekend.

I got a few good friends that root for all Detroit teams, huge Lions fans. I am only an hour and a 1/2 away from Detroit. They cheered on the Panthers last Spring, and I'm doing the same for the lions right now, that is until they meet Kansas City in the Super Bowl.

Early prognosis is I think Baltimore and Houston will be the game of the weekend. I kind of like Houston to cover.

Buccaneers were great last night. I won good betting on them. They aren't the best team around, but they have something to prove. Plus their defense plays hard, and hits you even harder. I figured if Philadelphia got hit it in the mouth like that, they wouldn't bite back.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Dallas cost me money. I'm not laughing. I should have known better than to bet on Dallas. But I just didn't believe in Green Bay and I still don't. I think San Francisco wins pretty good this coming weekend.

I got a few good friends that root for all Detroit teams, huge Lions fans. I am only an hour and a 1/2 away from Detroit. They cheered on the Panthers last Spring, and I'm doing the same for the lions right now, that is until they meet Kansas City in the Super Bowl.

Early prognosis is I think Baltimore and Houston will be the game of the weekend. I kind of like Houston to cover.

Buccaneers were great last night. I won good betting on them. They aren't the best team around, but they have something to prove. Plus their defense plays hard, and hits you even harder. I figured if Philadelphia got hit it in the mouth like that, they wouldn't bite back.

Never trust Dallas. Choke every time.

GB has been putting up points but curious how they will contain McCaffery with 28th ranked rush defense.
Mix in the talents of Deebo, Kittle and Aiyuk with a top 5 defense, a lot has to go right for GB to do it for 4 quarters.

I see HOU making it entertaining for sure. Interesting matchup.
HOU is crazy good offensively in the air but BAL really good at pass defense.
BAL amazing at rushing but so is HOU defense. Will be fun to see it play out, HOU is playing with house money at this point and gaining valuable experience for the next 3-5 yr window they have.
Stroud is so fun to watch. Absolute gun slinger and just scraping the surface of his potential. 2nd fave team all year for me.

Bucs are definitely fun to root for with Baker. He's got some talent and they've overachieved so far but DET seems to have that IT factor right now. Grinding out close games and Goff can get hot with an ultra aggressive coach in Campbell.

BUF vs KC should be a wild one. Both great defenses with game changing QBs. If Allen plays to his peak, KC will have to be just as hot and put up 30+ pts. But Allen is prone to a ton of idiotic plays as well where Mahomes is more calculated. Don't like KCs peak offense so it'll be defense first who wins IMO and who can produce in red zone more.

I wanna see KC-BAL and SF-DET final 4.
You?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Never trust Dallas. Choke every time.

GB has been putting up points but curious how they will contain McCaffery with 28th ranked rush defense.
Mix in the talents of Deebo, Kittle and Aiyuk with a top 5 defense, a lot has to go right for GB to do it for 4 quarters.

I see HOU making it entertaining for sure. Interesting matchup.
HOU is crazy good offensively in the air but BAL really good at pass defense.
BAL amazing at rushing but so is HOU defense. Will be fun to see it play out, HOU is playing with house money at this point and gaining valuable experience for the next 3-5 yr window they have.
Stroud is so fun to watch. Absolute gun slinger and just scraping the surface of his potential. 2nd fave team all year for me.

Bucs are definitely fun to root for with Baker. He's got some talent and they've overachieved so far but DET seems to have that IT factor right now. Grinding out close games and Goff can get hot with an ultra aggressive coach in Campbell.

BUF vs KC should be a wild one. Both great defenses with game changing QBs. If Allen plays to his peak, KC will have to be just as hot and put up 30+ pts. But Allen is prone to a ton of idiotic plays as well where Mahomes is more calculated. Don't like KCs peak offense so it'll be defense first who wins IMO and who can produce in red zone more.

I wanna see KC-BAL and SF-DET final 4.
You?
In short, I have:

Bal -9.5
SF -9.5 (O 50.5)
DET -6.5
KC money line (@Chaos2k7 We're coming for you.)

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
1000004365.jpg

@Chaos2k7

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
In short, I have:

Bal -9.5
SF -9.5 (O 50.5)
DET -6.5
KC money line (@Chaos2k7 We're coming for you.)

Ya I had the same 4.
Thinking we get a rematch of the BAL-SF superbowl and this time, all of the lights gonna go out and it's gonna be red and gold confetti:D.

Well done by the Chiefs though, 6 straight AFC Championship games in a row.

As for the Bills fans @Chaos2k7, was pulling for you guys but something is just missing there, year after year.
What it is, I don't know but you guys deserve another deep run in next few years.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@Ghoste we're winning this time around.
It's our time, been waiting decades.

Bring on the Chiefs @Bag Of Beans :sarcasm:
I had both money line of lions and chiefs today. I use bet365, which pays you out if your up 17 points, so I actually won the lions bet!

I put a $60 future on the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl at the end of the regular season.
I'm looking forward to cashing it in.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I had both money line of lions and chiefs today. I use bet365, which pays you out if your up 17 points, so I actually won the lions bet!

I put a $60 future on the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl at the end of the regular season.
I'm looking forward to cashing it in.

Haha nice play.
Ya went 9 for 9 with combo of NCAAB, NHL and NBA on weekend.
A nice $650 cash.

Will be sprinkling some cash on SB but more player/game props.
Enjoy, should be a fun one.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste How ya feeling today amigo?
We're f***ing winning today, as long as the refs don't have their Chiefs jersey on underneath the stripes :laugh:

We're the better team and need to get some revenge and even the scales and heartbreak from 4 years ago.

Cheers dude, should be a great game.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste How ya feeling today amigo?
We're f***ing winning today, as long as the refs don't have their Chiefs jersey on underneath the stripes :laugh:

We're the better team and need to get some revenge and even the scales and heartbreak from 4 years ago.

Cheers dude, should be a great game.
Yes I hope the boys go get it today. I’d love to see them finally get rewarded! Have a great day my boy!!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
1000004552.jpg

View attachment 845430

I'll post this before the NBA and NHL regular seasons end.
My favorite team logos on my new used/accessible van.
When I say I'm in the golden age of myself watching sports, this is what I mean:

Panthers - Made playoffs last 4 years. Stanley cup final appearance last year. Clinched playoffs already this season.

Kansas City Chiefs - 7 straight years making the AFC championship game. Won the Super Bowl 3 of the last 5 years with another appearance. DYNASTY!

Toronto Blue Jays - Made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons. They pretend to be good and have had some major postseason collapses the last 2 years. I'm hoping they can put it all together this season before the core is torn apart at the end of next year. They are definitely in win-now mode.

Toronto Raptors - Hey, they won a championship in 2019!
Times are tough right now. A lot of injuries and they're in a big losing streak. Tanking for a top 5 pick in the draft. At least we got Scotty Barnes.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Marlins are the first team in MLB history to start the season 0-7 after qualifying for the playoffs the year before.
I watched the game yesterday. I've seen 3 games so far.

They have allowed 16 runs from the 7th inning on in only 8 games.

In my opinion, there's nothing worse than a leaky 'pen.
Shaky defense is a pretty close second. Unfortunately, the Marlins have both.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Only 3 came with Kinnnear if that is the message you are sending.

Still better than any AHL affiliation that we have EVER had.
Definitely the message I'm sending.
I remember a Twitter video. From a couple post Seasons ago, post-game. The players absolutely seem to love him.

Don't know.
Why there's always Hey towards him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino