2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I doubt anyone in their right mind would want that job.😊 Branch never had one decent comment directed his way. Has the world record for being booed in the most venues ever.
i think one pretty good hockey guy initially applied and was offered the job but turned it down. not been mentioned in mainstream media at all.

Reactions: Section5Petes

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
i think one pretty good hockey guy initially applied and was offered the job but turned it down. not been mentioned in mainstream media at all.
The Rangers were honouring Paul Coffey a few years ago. They had Branch come out on the ice and of course he was mercifully booed. When it died down Coffey had the mike in his hand. Said it sounded like they were calling for someone named Lou. Something along that line. 😊

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Ohl draft is interesting, u see players dominating less than when they were 13 or 14, they are on a downcurve vs their peers and players are leveling the gap, But people cant let go of the past and push on, get emotional.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Seems like the comment earlier about Aiden O'Donnell choosing the OHL is correct. Not on the QMJHL cup roster.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
correct, he was added to the ohl list a week ago
This kid is good. He should be a mid to late first round pick IMO. He was a top 3-5 pick for the QMJHL Draft for me, and is a much better player than Landon Sim, for example, at the same age.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
This kid is good. He should be a mid to late first round pick IMO. He was a top 3-5 pick for the QMJHL Draft for me, and is a much better player than Landon Sim, for example, at the same age.
i dont really know him, sim has not been great in sarnia but i dont think that he is ready for the ohl either.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
i dont really know him, sim has not been great in sarnia but i dont think that he is ready for the ohl either.
Was referring to his brother Landon who plays in London, but, either way, he is much better than both at the same age. Just chose them as they are recent Nova Scotian players that have gone the OHL route who I have had the chance to watch.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Was referring to his brother Landon who plays in London, but, either way, he is much better than both at the same age.
landon sim is not a point a game guy in the ohl and 19, thats not a 1st round ohl pick. its hard to gauge what u18 in nova scotia means in ontario, but your probably right that hes a mid to late 1st. did well at the youth games.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
landon sim is not a point a game guy in the ohl and 19, thats not a 1st round ohl pick. its hard to gauge what u18 in nova scotia means in ontario, but your probably right that hes a mid to late 1st. did well at the youth games.
Agreed, hence why I said "much better at the same age."

Reactions: dirty12

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
OHL Cup wild card matchups were announced tonight. They are:

Cambridge vs YSE
Niagara vs Halton
JRC vs Upper Canada Cyclones

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Are there any "tiers" for the draft this year or is it somewhat of a crapshoot? From what I've read it seems to be that the consensus is there is a top 3 (Valentini/Belchetz/Wassilyn) - is there any gaps after those three? Should anyone else belong with them?

Bardown99

Jan 20, 2024
Are there any "tiers" for the draft this year or is it somewhat of a crapshoot? From what I've read it seems to be that the consensus is there is a top 3 (Valentini/Belchetz/Wassilyn) - is there any gaps after those three? Should anyone else belong with them?
I would take Di Iorio over those 3. He's the closest clone to Ryan Roobrook imho, and Ryan on a last place team is killing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad