TV: "Young Sheldon Cooper" to premier in the fall

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
http://deadline.com/2017/01/cbs-new-how-i-met-your-mother-spinoff-how-i-met-your-father-1201882080/

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-big-bang-theory-spinoff-young-sheldon-1201910217/

It is Pilot season and so we will starting hearing about more and more pilots.

this was the cast from the first Pilot for How I met your Father(Dad)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3300610/

It was available on a few bit torrent sites and I made the mistake of watching it. it was as bad as you can imagine. They made bad casting options and it was more or less role reversal from the original show.

Greta was misused and Meg Ryan tried too hard to be like Bob Sagat

For those who do not quite understand Pilot season.

Here is TVLINE review of some pilots shot this time last year http://tvline.com/gallery/pilot-photos-2016-2017-tv-season/#!1/apb-pilot-photo/

Actors love to bash pilot season--but most consider it free money.

Between about Jan 20th and Fen 20 about 100 pilots will be shot--some are on the fast track--others are slow burn and others will never see the light of day.

It is also fun to see which actors on struggling shows are allowed to shoot Pilots(Hayley Atwell of Agent Carter was allowed to shoot Conviction and when that got picked up--Carter got cancelled)

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
We need to have an intervention with TV networks.

Stop recycling ideas! What's next 2 1/2 women?

Original Pilot for MOM had only the daughter and she was 7

Compare

Allison Janney to Charlie Sheen character(- the money)
Anna Faris to Jon Cryer (but with Boobs)
add two kids and not one
Mimi Kennedy in the role Holland Taylor
and Jaime Pressly as the Conchata Ferrell role?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I think it will be success along with the likes of That 80's Show and Mrs. Columbo.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Jesus christ Greta Gerwig wtf is she doing on How I Met Your Dad? Get the hell away from CBS and get back to indie films or at least films.

I didn't care when I first heard about it, another sitcom you can ignore, but pretty saddening to see her involved with it.

edit: It says failed pilot so I'm assuming they cancelled it?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Jesus christ Greta Gerwig wtf is she doing on How I Met Your Dad? Get the hell away from CBS and get back to indie films or at least films.

I didn't care when I first heard about it, another sitcom you can ignore, but pretty saddening to see her involved with it.

edit: It says failed pilot so I'm assuming they cancelled it?

yeah--it was from two years ago--shot the pilot and that was it

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
HIMYM is a great show. Big bang theory is all right but not really my favorite.

Young Sheldon sounds like a terrible idea.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Lorre hasn't done much good since Charlie Sheen quit. Mom is pretty good but the rest has severely diminished in quality.

All of Lorre's stuff sucks, it just sucks at varying degrees. There sure as hell is an audience for it though, so I (sadly) wouldn't be surprised if Young Sheldon turns out to be a hit.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Sheldon Coopers character on BBT makes me want to punch him square in the face. Please TV people I beg you don't put a show on TV that makes me want to punch a kid square in the face.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I think TBBT is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I really hope they aren't looking for a spin-off.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
"Young Sheldon, you haven't finished your broccoli."
"Oh, don't worry mother, I assure you that my diet is rich enough in cellulose fiber that I no longer need to consume this particular flowering specimen of the cabbage derivative without fear of being unable to pass future waste from my small colon."
[audience laughs]

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
BBT had three decent seasons and then went real bad.

Himym bottomed out too but at least up to season 6 it was still engaging and watchable...with the remaining seasons having solid moments among all the feet dragging and filler.

Neither show deserves a spin off. Spin offs in general are almost always a bad idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad