OT: You can buy a jersey but you can't buy a McDavid or Draisaitl jersey. Who would you pick?

The choices:

• Kane

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Hyman

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Nugent-Hopkins

Votes: 95 44.2%
  • Ekholm

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • Nurse

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Ceci

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Skinner

• Bouchard

• Bjugstad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foegele

• Ryan

• Kulak

• Desharnais

• Campbell

• Janmark

• McLeod

• Kostin

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Broberg

• Shore

• I have too many jerseys. I don't want another one.

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • My significant other says I have too many jerseys. So I can't buy another one.

• Yamamoto

• Total voters

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Got myself a Kane jersey this year

If I'm picking current players not playing on the oilers tho, it's gotta be ovechkin....always loved the passion and pure beast over hkin displayed over the years

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I have mcdavid and drai jersey. I also have last years vintage jersey that was name less and am getting nurse. Who doesn't love a nurse in white.

The wife wants Kane jersey lol tho

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I have mcdavid and drai jersey. I also have last years vintage jersey that was name less and am getting nurse. Who doesn't love a nurse in white.

The wife wants Kane jersey lol tho
Kane is a handsome dude. Makes sense lol.
My friend bought the third oilers jersey but got it customized with Gretzky. Do you find this odd? To have an old player on a modern jersey.
I don't. :) Funny I saw a jersey just like that the last time I saw a game live at Roger's. I think using a former player's name and number on a new jersey makes one cool and unique. I know Ekholm and Kane weren't Oilers when we had those away "Creamsicle" jerseys but I'm still really tempted to get one anyway. Those jerseys were so sexy! It's a shame we barely used them.
Got myself a Kane jersey this year

If I'm picking current players not playing on the oilers tho, it's gotta be ovechkin....always loved the passion and pure beast over hkin displayed over the years
Nice! If I had loads of money to burn I'd totally get a Jagr Penguins jersey. Always been a huge fan of his. Easily my favorite non Oiler ever but the fact that he retired a Flame still discusts me. It's a shame he never signed here once his contract was up with the Rangers.

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

Thomas Tatar

Since last year it’s been Kane, the guy has really come in and endeared himself to the community, but I just love his swagger, he makes watching hockey so much more fun when he is pissing someone off or running them through the boards.

However, I really think I should get a Nuge jersey, this may be the first player to ever be drafted and retire an Oiler. What commitment from a BC boy. If McDavid and Drai eventually jump ship, Nuge for the C.

I actually attended his draft in person in Minnesota. Klefbom was drafted that year too. I thought being at a draft would be so cool but since fans get the upper level all you see are small tables with a bunch of people in suits. No insider stuff. Though there were so many fans from different teams and everyone was amiable.

Also, I thought about Ekholm lately, but the last time I bought a Swede defensemen jersey he jumped ship as soon as he could.

That reminds me, anyone want a discount Larsson jersey!?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Does it have to be a current player? I've always wanted an Ulanov jersey (not even joking)....

Otherwise it would probably be Nuge or Ekholm.

I only own one Oiler jersey with a name on it, and it is indeed #55 Ulanov. Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Voted Desharnais, but I'd want it to say "Vinny D" on the back.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
The premier power forward in the league when he's switched on.

Evander "bad boy" Kane

bad boys for life.gif

bad boys.gif

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Last time I bought a jersey with a name on the back was during the 05-06 season. I was a young 17 year old debating with my father about a Smyth jersey vs a Pronger jersey. On one hand Pronger had just signed a new 5 year deal and would be here for basically the rest of his career. On the other hand, Smyth was the heart and soul of the Oilers and would never leave Edmonton. It was a win win decision. Ended up going with the Pronger jersey. Of course we all know what happened the following summer with Pronger and then Smyth was traded the next deadline.

Moral of the story... I don't get jerseys anymore. And definitely I'm not getting one with a name on the back.

Reactions: barry halls

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kostin toughest player on team
Not sure about that. Desharnais, Kane and Nurse are all pretty damned tough. I'd probably take Kane out of them all but that's mostly because I haven't seen enough Desharnais fights to know where exactly he fits on the list.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not sure about that. Desharnais, Kane and Nurse are all pretty damned tough. I'd probably take Kane out of them all but that's mostly because I haven't seen enough Desharnais fights to know where exactly he fits on the list.
Possibly but I think Kost takes Kane who I think has lost a little steam after the skate cut

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Some consider it faux pas but I almost always get my name on the back of Jerseys. Probably because there has never been a lifetime Oiler so I know I will be around the team longer than any player I could get. Though I do own 3 McDavid jerseys a 20/21 RR a classic Blue and Orange that I got when I went to the Hall and 19/20 away because those were beautiful. But custom always my name.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I would go Nuge or Ekholm.
But I like underdogs, so i chosed VD.

But I also like speedy McLeod

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Watching his fights on Hockey Fights, Vinny's not much of a fighter but he is very strong. Tends to wrestle his opponent more than box with them.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad