Series Discussion: Who'd ya rather?

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Well it's getting pretty close to the end of the regular season... It's looking like our first round match will be one of Dallas, St. Louis, or Arizona.

Question is, who would you rather we got matched up against in the first round?

Each team makes me nervous in one way or another.

Arizona has pretty good team speed and they have been playing some great hockey as of late, with Darcy Kuemper playing very well.

Dallas, maybe not playing very great of late but Bishop has been standing on his head. He's just returning from injury I believe. They always have some highly skilled forwards, even if they are top heavy. They have Zucc as well, unsure when he'll be ready to return.

St.Louis, I could see them being the best match up for the Jets, they lack overall team speed and have been riding the hot play of a rookie goalie who's cooled off a bit.

I personally think Dallas will be the team we match up against, those few points separating teams in the standings are really difficult to make up this time of year.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Outside chance that we face Minny or Colorado as well. Don't want to play Minny again they are hungry. I think we can beat Colorado, Arizona. Dallas and St. Louis are beatable but they can play really well for stretches.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Sorry just to me clear, you would rather the Jets play the Coyote's, and maybe lose to them vs playing a team that isn't as hot and potentially going on run?
Maybe lose. There is a reason they are a wc and we are near the top of West. I believe in us and want jets 1.0 vs 2.0 as I mentioned. Only teams in West that scare me are Sharks, knights, flames.

Reactions: HPsauce

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll take St. Louis. We can avenge them for 1982. I don't think they are better than us at any position. Their physicality could wear us down, but I think our speed would give them fits.

I tend to agree.

Dallas might be an easy out now that I think about it... I mean if Lowry or Hayes can take away the Seguin line, they who do they really have? I wouldn't be worried about getting worked by the likes of Radulov and Spezza.

It all depends on if Buff and Morrissey are good to go.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Lol ... who cares who the Jets meet ... they can beat anyone of those teams.
A hot goalie or hot line might beat the Jets in the first round but I doubt it.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I tend to agree.

Dallas might be an easy out now that I think about it... I mean if Lowry or Hayes can take away the Seguin line, they who do they really have? I wouldn't be worried about getting worked by the likes of Radulov and Spezza.

It all depends on if Buff and Morrissey are good to go.

Radulov is second on their team in points.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Arizona should be the easiest
We always score a lot against Dallas
St. Louis could be closer

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Anyone but Dallas. They dummied us so bad in this season’s first game that I want nothing to do with them.

I hope we meet St Louis, they don’t scare me at all.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
I don't think a team in the West beats the Jets in a 7 game series anyways so take the team that wont beat you up as much

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
Everyone of those teams can bounce us out of the first round. For the excitement factor I’ll go with Arizona.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I kinda want Arizona, but at the same time being in Halifax means 11/11:30 start times for road games and i'm already a pos in the morning with 8 hours sleep.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Some interesting rationale being presented.

Each team has its strengths to consider. St. Louis has found their game, they clobbered the Oil last night. Dallas for some reason doesn't frighten me. I think the Jets could get under their skin.

BTW, does anyone know where Buff's at? I'm hearing some rumours that are disquieting.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Don't know what the rule is, but I think it's wild card based on what division that team is in as opposed to where the wild card team finishes. But I think Dallas or Arizona for me, St. Louis looks strong and will likely pull an upset upon us.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
The only team I'd love to dodge in any round is San Jose. They scare me a bit and always looked dangerous when playing us this season IMO. Also I feel like Evander Kane will eventually have something big happen in his career vs the Jets. It's just too much of a typical sport story to not happen. Could so totally see him score the GWG in a playoff season to knock out the Jets.

Out of all the other teams I'd love Dallas because I think a playoff series of Dallas vs Winnipeg would be a lot of excitment and entertaining hockey. Same with Calgary but they are more likely to then go on and beat us in a crazy offensive series compared to Dallas.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Don't know what the rule is, but I think it's wild card based on what division that team is in as opposed to where the wild card team finishes. But I think Dallas or Arizona for me, St. Louis looks strong and will likely pull an upset upon us.

Best 1st place team between the two divisions gets 2nd wildcard. The other 1st place team gets the 1st wildcard. (It's the 1 vs 8 and 2 vs 7 mentality)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad