Who should the Jets put in net for Game 4 and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I don't think you understand the game of hockey. The season was pretty much over unless the Jets did something drastic, to make a defeated team get their second wind. Calling up Jonsson-Fjallby is not "drastic."

The Jets were going to lose with Hellebuyck in net, and they got destroyed, We will never know how well they would have done with Brossoit, but it could not possibly have been worse. Now they are down 3-1, and barring divine intervention, the Jets season is over Tuesday.

Probably I don't understand the game of hockey. Do you think the series would look differnet now if we had started Brossoit instead of Hellboy in games 1-4? Or just game 3-4? game 4? Personally, I don't think it would have made much of a difference.

To me the problems lie much, much deeper. Instead of battling for glory, our team decided not to show up.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Sitting your best player is bush league stuff. Poor guy is going to have PTSD playing behind this group. If this team needs to sit a Vezina caliber goaltender to "shake" them up, they have character, skill and/or coaching issues.
So how did that work out today?

Probably I don't understand the game of hockey. Do you think the series would look differnet now if we had started Brossoit instead of Hellboy in games 1-4? Or just game 3-4? game 4? Personally, I don't think it would have made much of a difference.

Now you are just gaslighting the forum by implying that I wanted Brossoit to start all game lol. As for making a difference, it could not have gone worse, the Jets still got destroyed.

To me the problems lie much, much deeper. Instead of battling for glory, our team decided not to show up.

That may be true, but as I said earlier, the team needed a major change to rally behind. AJF was not the player to do that.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I guess Ryan “Pink” Whitney is laughing on his stupid pod cast now with the whole Frauds thing.

Friggin doosch bag, but I guess his “source” was not incorrect.

I’d love to know who leaked that to that greasy pasty white ball cap knoby.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Goodette

Jun 23, 2023
They could start Tretiak in his prime and still lose. No defense, no offense. Check shot counts and quality scoring chances. We are getting killed and don't have the horses to turn it around.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I thought Brossoit should have started yesterday's game just to see if that jump started the team and put a little fire in Helly's belly but now that we didn't and lost i think you start Helly tomorrow and hope the team plays better in front of him.

Reactions: kanadalainen

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
That may be true, but as I said earlier, the team needed a major change to rally behind. AJF was not the player to do that.

I agree with that part.

I may be able to be a little more specific - since some time has passed since last night's asskicking.

Sitting Hellboy, arguably our best regular season player, is indeed a statement. But if we still had lost that game with Bro between the posts, people would have run Bowness out of town.

Reactions: Roughneck1

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Go with Bro. He played almost a full period and didn't let in a goal. He's earned a start.

As for Helle's confidence, he's being paid $7 million to start for this team next September. Plus he's always asserted in every interview that he has complete confidence in himself. I'd have no trouble sitting him for the rest of our playoffs.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
I think Bro should play. The losses are not really on Helly but only one of the 2 goalies has won a playoff series in the past 2 seasons and it ain't Helly. They have lost 7 of the past 8 playoff games that Helly started so I think starting Bro won't make things worse and might trigger a positive response from the team (or not).

As far as Helly's confidence, he will have the whole summer and a new 8.5 million contract to soothe his ego if the Jets lose on Tuesday.

Go Jets Go

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Brossoit also had a better sv% than anyone else this season with over 20 games (only Andersen and Annunen were better, if you include 14+ games).

Small sample size, but he hasn't been scored on yet. Play him until he sucks, ride the hot hand. Vegas did it with him in the past, just switched back to the starter later, and it worked for them...

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Helly.

It's on the rest of this team to show up, with some pride and guts, in front of him....

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Go with Bro. He played almost a full period and didn't let in a goal. He's earned a start.

As for Helle's confidence, he's being paid $7 million to start for this team next September. Plus he's always asserted in every interview that he has complete confidence in himself. I'd have no trouble sitting him for the rest of our playoffs.
Amen
Perfectly stated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad