Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'd be surprised if they go for Levshunov, not that you wouldn't want a player like that on your team but at 2nd overall drafting him screams "I was a GM in 1995 too."
18 year old PPG in the B1G. You cannot play this game with me. It is a lazy tired mantra the big dumb ogre defensive defenseman against the sleek skilled silky forward.

That’s NOT the situation. Levshunov is NOT Bogosian. Went back and read Bogosian draft write ups because I am ready to die on this hill. Bogosian was “developing” a “project” offensively.

Levshunov will be a three situation player. 2 way. He is big, he can skate, he can shoot, he even has great edges.

I don’t think people are conceptualizing Levshunov correctly. If you miss on Levshunov he will be Seth Jones.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
18 year old PPG in the B1G. You cannot play this game with me. It is a lazy tired mantra the big dumb ogre defensive defenseman against the sleek skilled silky forward.

That’s NOT the situation. Levshunov is NOT Bogosian. Went back and read Bogosian draft write ups because I am ready to die on this hill. Bogosian was “developing” a “project” offensively.

Levshunov will be a three situation player. 2 way. He is big, he can skate, he can shoot, he even has great edges.

I don’t think people are conceptualizing Levshunov correctly. If you miss on Levshunov he will be Seth Jones.

Seth Jones best was when playing with someone better: Josi. And, he has some moments in his history where his play picked up after Nashville.

But the comp is odd considering where we're at. Seth is 29, literally his prime years and he's a huge ****ing problem. Any d-man who takes tons of shot attempts on the team but doesn't score a goal until the new year hurts your offensive game big time. His transition game is average if I'm being nice. His best assets are in the defensive zone yet he doesn't carry the team that way.

No thanks.

Reactions: Pez68

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Bogosian was PPG in the OHL and around guys like Ellis and MDZ in terms of peers on D scoring.

Levshunov is a "project" offensively in the same way Bogosian was. Levshunov isn't a PP QB at the next level.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

He's Seth Jones, NSH Seth Jones coming in type prospect...maybe in a perfect world they can move Seth for a winger to play with Bedard and replace him with Levshunov, but thats a big maybe, and also assuming the gap between Levshunov and Demidov is not really existent

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If you *hit* on him he's Seth Jones.

I can't see how he ends up more than that. I simply don't see it in his game.
if he's unlikely to even hit Seth Jones type ceiling then why are we talking about him at 2...trade down if none of these guys have a good ceiling, go get Brady Tkachuk to play with CB or move down for Tij or someone else...wish we had just got Celebrini so this was a no brainer pick

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Bogosian was PPG in the OHL and around guys like Ellis and MDZ in terms of peers on D scoring.

Levshunov is a "project" offensively in the same way Bogosian was. Levshunov isn't a PP QB at the next level.

Just to add, Levshunov isn't an "Ogre" either.

Vlasic....is an Ogre. Del Mastro not far behind.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
if he's unlikely to even hit Seth Jones type ceiling then why are we talking about him at 2...trade down if none of these guys have a good ceiling, go get Brady Tkachuk to play with CB or move down for Tij or someone else...wish we had just got Celebrini so this was a no brainer pick
Weak draft year. It's the way she goes.

It's been said plenty already, but trading down is highly unlikely. It just doesn't happen in the NHL. Not with picks this high.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
When I see Levshunov I see Rasmus Dahlin.
**the nhl player not the prospect**

Obviously Dahlin was a huge prospect coming out.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Hockey IQ. Compete.
I watched some of his games. He just disappeared for stretches and I did not see the wow factor. Again, just me. I have stated this before as well. He may end up being fine but I have to believe there is better use of a #2 pick than him.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm not #TeamDemidov but if the choice is between Demi and Lev, give me Demi

(hopefully the choice is between Silayev and Iginla)

• Love
Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad