Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
@Taze em likes Levshunov
@hawksrule likes Buium
Myself likes Demidov, but also likes Catton
@Pez68 doesn't like anyone /s
@Kevin Musto likes Silayev
@JaegerDice likes Parekh
Fiddy likes Lindstrom
@DisgruntledHawkFan likes Catton too

There are plenty of different opinions out there. Larmer has his opinion, Darkstar, Warrior. There are others who engage in prospect discussion as well I just threw names that I remembered off the top.
I like Buium more than anyone. So, fake news!!

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and TLEH

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
They can, and they do.

But calling him Datsyuk now, when he doesn't display any elite defensive abilities, is a silly thing to do.

It just doesn't work as a comp or projection. Come back to me when he's 25 and we'll see if he's morphed his game into something close.
I don’t disagree about the comp to Datsyuk. Your post just seemed very dismissive of any ability to improve defensively.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’m team Demidov but wouldn’t be upset with Levshunov.

Watching the playoffs it’s hard to ignore that most of these contenders have a true 1D.

If they think Levshunov has that upside I can understand taking him.

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
I guess it is going to be Demidov, Levshunov or Buium. That is what I believe though. Cayden Lindstrom could be there without the health issues. I´m ok with anyone they choose because at the end of the day they have so much more info about these players that we do here combined.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
If all of Buium, Levshunov and demidov hit their ceilings demidov is the best I would not hesitate to pick him over anyone else if I'm the hawks. He has everything you want surefire potential elite superstar. Hands, shot, iq, vision, creativity, edges and off the the puck engagement the only remarks against him are no khl time and size. Nearly a franchise talent highest ceiling along with celebrini, maybe higher, also most dynamic talent in the draft. You can have him run his own line seperate from Bedard and have two first lines. I know a #1 rhd is a need but don't pass up elite talent like this

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
If all of Buium, Levshunov and demidov hit their ceilings demidov is the best I would not hesitate to pick him over anyone else if I'm the hawks. He has everything you want surefire potential elite superstar. Hands, shot, iq, vision, creativity, edges and off the the puck engagement the only remarks against him are no khl time and size. Nearly a franchise talent highest ceiling along with celebrini, maybe higher, also most dynamic talent in the draft. You can have him run his own line seperate from Bedard and have two first lines. I know a #1 rhd is a need but don't pass up elite talent like this
Rumors are Demidov is 6-1 now. That's average size.

Also, there is supposed to be a mini combine for Russians and Demidov is supposed to participate if he doesn't have any setbacks with his injury so we'll find out there.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
1715879207926.jpeg

if the fancy stats love demidov this much and he passes the character test then maybe he should be the pick, we need another blue chip forward prospect to go with bedard

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
View attachment 871631
if the fancy stats love demidov this much and he passes the character test then maybe he should be the pick, we need another blue chip forward prospect to go with bedard
Is this fancy stats or simply based on how much they scored in their league?

I was over the moon and pretty equal on Michkov-Bedard all last season & offseason. But I'm still at Demidov where I was with Mikchov in 2022. I would want to see it vs pros in the KHL. I'm not against drafting Demidov I'm just not into the score based or many highlight based plays when it's visible clear the mhl talent was so poor.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Hossa was a two way monster. I haven’t seen anyone describe Demidov as such.
I have. I have heard winger Datsyuk comparisons with Demidov in terms of both his hands and defense.

I read somewhere that a scout has Demidov's stickhandling above Patrick Kane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praetorian Caps

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I have. I have heard winger Datsyuk comparisons with Demidov in terms of both his hands and defense.

I read somewhere that a scout has Demidov's stickhandling above Patrick Kane.

I've seen plenty of Datsyuk comparisons but it's almost exclusively talking about his hands. If he was that kind of defender he'd be going ahead of Celebrini.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
This is getting absurd
"Ian Mitchell was all Darrell May and he deserves all the credit for it. That erases any blemishes since Ian Mitchell is generational.

Kelley 100% deserves another chance to prove he's still got it. But if he shits the bed during this year's draft, he has to go. Last year was just unacceptable. Vlasic over Robinson..."

Kevin Musto, Jun 18, 2020ReportBookmark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad