Speculation: Which of your team’s D-men would you not be shocked to see dealt?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Just had a rough year which was marred by both bad play and poor injury luck.

I don't think he's likely to go unless the Devils got a shot at a clear upgrade. Can't always sell players after down years. I think they'll let him get back with Dougie and see if gets some of the magic back next year. He was really good last year with Dougie.
Even this year with Dougie it was excellent, and atrocious without.

Dougie did have a shockingly bad penalty rate this year, although small small sample size, and of course that was prime Shitek hours where he was like -20 GSAx in 20 games to start the year so their +/- was decievingly bad
Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 8.55.44 PM.png

Reactions: Forge

Dickfoligno

Apr 5, 2020
Henri Jokiharju.

Had a decent season last year and has grown into a respectable defender, but if they move him, it’s to bring in a different type of player

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Henri Jokiharju.

Had a decent season last year and has grown into a respectable defender, but if they move him, it’s to bring in a different type of player

The problem with trading Jokiharju is...yes, Buffalo would be looking for a "different type of player". But what other team would be looking to give up that player for a Jokiharju type?

He's in that weird no-man's-land of "value" where he's a good player, a quality #5D with the ability to slide up when needed. Decent puck mover, valuable RH shot, positionally sound and not a big liability defensively overall. But most teams prefer to have a "different type of player" on their bottom-pairing, and i think we've all seen enough of Jokiharju to know that he's not a real Top-4D.

Even if you're swapping him for a Forward...there aren't a lot of teams that will give up big "value" in terms of the sort of coveted player Buffalo want, for what has already been demonstrated to be a lackluster stopgap more than a real Top-4D.

That kind of kneecaps the market for a player like him i think. To the point where you're gonna get weak enough "value" that it usually just makes sense to continue to hold onto the guy and use them as your #5D "utility piece".

Still wouldn't be surprised to see him moved. I think you're right in that the team is about ready to move on from him, especially with a new contract due. I just wouldn't expect a lot in return. Probably actually a really slick under the radar "value" pickup for somebody tbh. One of those solid depth players who falls through the cracks because they don't fit a prototype.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Quinn Hughes is the only defenseman that's 100% here next year, and I think the Canucks look to deal Hronek if he wants more than $7.8 Million on his next contract.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Where does Cole fit long term?

Winger or center
Realistically at wing. Not saying he can’t fit into a centre roll, I just don’t see it. Very smart hockey player with elite vision and passing. He’s a good 2 way player with decent defensive instincts. He had a great year but for some reason doesn’t have trust of the coaching staff. None of us Jets fans can figure it out.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Realistically at wing. Not saying he can’t fit into a centre roll, I just don’t see it. Very smart hockey player with elite vision and passing. He’s a good 2 way player with decent defensive instincts. He had a great year but for some reason doesn’t have trust of the coaching staff. None of us Jets fans can figure it out.
Understood then I can’t see Columbus moving Jiricek for him

Reactions: squashmaple

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hughes is sticking around for sure, and I'd argue Soucy, by merit of utility and having a contract going into next year, will be here too. Brisebois, Wolanin and Juulsen are all locked in too, but...eh...probably unlikely we move them due to the dirth in value they'd return.

Myers, Cole and Zadorov are all UFAs, and Hronek is an RFA.

So, trade options are Hronek and Soucy, everyone else can be had via waivers or free agency if they're available.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Fox miller and Schneider are going no where for a while.

Trouba could be dealt this offseason or next. Only 2 years left and is paid less actual $$$ the. His cap hit. Will have a MNTC.

Lindgren could be another player that could be dealt, but I think they resign him and possibly trade him 1-2-3 years down the line.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I would wager that the Oilers are going to shop Cody Ceci this summer, to try to get some cap savings. They might shop Broberg for some more proven help as well. There's also a chance they shop Kulak to save money, but he is such a playoff warrior that I hope they keep him around.

Bouchard and Ekholm are going nowhere. Nurse is going nowhere for other reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad