What Would Cause HF Boards to Meltdown?

What Would Cause HF Boards to Absolutely Meltdown?

• Total voters

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Why would Toronto winning the Cup break the boards? All non leaf fans would just not be on this site for a few weeks and it would be their personal message board. Luckily that won’t happen in my lifetime

Reactions: Video Nasty

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I'd slightly change it from "McDavid requests a trade" to "McDavid gets traded" - in a case where no one sees it coming.

Yeah, this site would be down for 48 hours.

Reactions: Conbon and DaveG

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
McDavid requests a trade.
The schadenfreude would be off the scales. 100x worse than the "Oilers suck" thread that existed earlier this year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
All of the above except for refs being caught fixing games. Peel being caught on hot mic with blatant game management had a lot of discussion but it didn't shut the site down.

Reactions: DaveG

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Oilers to be comfortably in a playoff spot in February, McDavid, Draisaitl and Nurse to all get some sort of soft tissue issue and go on LTIR giving the Oilers $30mill to play with at the deadline, coast into the playoffs on fumes and activate all three for Game 1.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Poll question and OP question aren't exactly the same.

What would cost HF to crash the fastest/for longest? It's definitely one of the top 2 choices. Every hockey fan would be watching because it's the finals, and the reaction/drama with those matchups (or leafs winning) would definitely cause HF to crash.

But if you're asking about biggest meltdown, as in people going "omg! I can't believe this!" and people being genuinely upset, that's a different answer. But it wouldn't necessarily cause the servers to crash since not everyone would be getting/reacting to the news at the same time. So for meltdowns, I would probably rank in order:

1. Cup Winning team cheating. Depends on what the cheating is though - i'm not sure how you can cheat at hockey, it would have to be something super significant, so not a goalie pad being too big for example - more like bribing a referee or such. But if so - 100% this one, fans would be livid

2. Edmonton/Pittsburgh winning 1st overall of a generational prospect draft (so a Crosby/McDavid caliber prospect or better).

3. McDavid requesting a trade

4. Leafs win cup

5. The all Canadian finals

6. Refs fix a game (I assume this is a rogue ref acting on his own - if this was mandated by the league, it would be higher).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad