Buffalo Bills Week 13: Bills (7-4) v. Pats (8-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I thought the defense played well enough to win. It's been the offense all year that has looked out of sync.

If Buffalo played the game in the first half like they did the second, they would have changed the game. But they got scared that Allen wouldn't be able to complete any passes over ten yards. So they just tried to match the NE runs 4 runs and they failed miserably.

Last edited:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Every team can find reasons to complain about the officiating literally, every single week. And they’re not wrong, either.

Officiating has progressively gotten worse over the years, but it’s something out of our control. It’s awful in the NHL too. It’s awful in MLB as well.

I stopped bitching about things we as a team can’t control.. I focus on bitching on the things we can control..

Daboll is doing an awful job this year. We’re so freaking predictable. Allen has short, middle and deep range options at his disposal yet we rarely see all three regularly exploited.

How the f*** do you not get Beasley more involved in a game like tonight? Where are the screen passes? Misdirections? End arounds? Shovel pass options? Delayed draws?

Why the f*** are we calling running plays between the tackles with Singletary over and over?

It’s frustrating when we lose to a team that outplays us. It’s even more frustrating losing because we beat ourselves. It’s not even Us vs Them. It’s Us vs Ourselves.

The Colts whipped out asses this year. Our other 4 losses have been from self inflicted wounds.

Awful ball management. Penalties. Play calls. We keep losing the fight in the trenches. McDermott, Frazier, and Daboll all need to look eachother in the mirror right now. And Beane has to do a better job realizing a shitty Oline and shitty RB’s is going to put too much pressure on Allen.

What a miserable night. My f***ing week is ruined. And it’s not because we lost. It’s because of how we lost.

couldn't agree with you more here. some of the officiating decisions (missed calls, bad calls, bad spots/reviews) certainly affected the game as they have around the league the past few years (which honestly I will never get over because of the whole obvious sports betting conflict of interest thing, whatever), but we killed ourselves in the pats red zone. they couldn't stop us in the second half, we just didn't get points in the redzone, which imo is on daboll.

9/10 we win that game. the pats offense couldn't do anything. we were driving on them. we basically just lost because of a few drops and some bewildering play calling decisions.

I swear to god I think we put up more points with some of you guys calling plays tonight instead of Daboll. It was that bad. This guy is either a genius, or a flat out moron with his play calling. There’s no in-between.

the other thing that bothers me about daboll is that he is never on the freaking field!!!! he just sits up there in the press box totally disconnected from his players and fellow coaches. and it might be the reason for some of these stupid play calls where he just seems totally out of sync with what the players are doing well.

I don't even think he's capable of genius like some people say. he's either an average OC with the players doing elite things, or a horrible OC that the players try to compensate for, can't, then get frustrated and its a vicious cycle. either way, he is not the guy. we need a real OC. time for daboll to go, and if he's still here next year, it definitely raises some major red flags with mcbeane in my book.

Reactions: kirby11

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I thought (or hoped) two things would happen this year:
1 - the defense would be better because of the DL draft picks (they have been)
2 - the running game would improve because Daboll would commit more to running the ball (he hasn't)

It's pretty frustrating watching teams around the league win like New England and Tennessee etc that commit 100% to running and the Bills under Daboll seem to have no interest in that identity at all. I mean I get not wanting to ONLY be able to run the ball, but to just not have running the ball as an option in an offense is frustrating for me (I personally love running over teams). Especially after last season's success with passing, I can't understand not wanting to incorporate a running game as well, and instead doubling down on the pass only strategy when every team is prepping for that vs the Bills because of last year.

You have to have the personnel for that type of game plan. Do you really think this Bills team is built to run the ball in the same style? The Bills RBs are midgets. The Bills Oline cannot push the pile. The TEs can't block.

Daboll system is designed to be pass first. because the team is built to be pass first.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
If Buffalo played the game in the first half like they did the second, they would have changed the game. But they got scared that Allen wouldn't be able to complete any passes over ten yards. So they just tried to match the NE runs 4 runs and they failed miserably.

bills need to realize taking the ball away from Allen is never the solution

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
You have to have the personnel for that type of game plan. Do you really think this Bills team is built to run the ball in the same style? The Bills RBs are midgets. The Bills Oline cannot push the pile. The TEs can't block.

Daboll system is designed to be pass first. because the team is built to be pass first.
That's what I'm upset about.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I looked at the drive summaries and that doesn't seem to be true. The drives stalled because of failed passes not failed runs all through the game. The only exception I suppose is the fumble.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Hearing McD say at half that they didn't trust Allen to throw made me wanna chuck my remote at the TV. Part of the whole point of drafting him was that he can handle bad weather conditions! And they moved the ****ing ball downfield pretty easily on the final drive when they let him throw!

Also, can they get Chan Gailey in the building as a quick/short passing game consultant? Dude was making shit work for a while with Fitzmagic, Stevie, Fred, and an island of misfit toys everywhere else. Idk if it's just that teams know what to expect from us or what, but absolutely nothing is easy for the offense this year, even when the line's holding up.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
We don’t have a run game this year, so that’s not an option. This current team has nothing outside of Allen

Yup. It's Allen or die, and it's likely going to cost us a run in the playoffs. Hopefully Beane goes balls to the wall to address RB and the interior of the line this offseason.

Well I'm spinning in circles because I keep repeating the same thing, but they don't have a run game because of the way the offense is designed. It doesn't matter who the RBs are or what linesmen you have, if the play-caller wants to pass the ball on running downs and is very hesitant to run the ball on passing downs or 50/50 downs, then there's no use for mauler guards and bruising RBs, which is the offense the Bills have.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
A few more QB runs, jet motions, or screen passes and they win that game last night. For some odd reason, they decide to rip out entire sections of their offensive playbook on a weekly basis and can't fathom sprinkling them back in when their gameplan fails. It's been happening all season.

It also feels like they never look at what other teams have done well against their opponent. Taysom Hill--Taysom ****ing Hill--was killing the Pats with QB runs earlier this year. We called, what, 2 or 3 for Allen, and none inside the red zone?

This team has just beaten itself over and over in so many ways this season.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It also feels like they never look at what other teams have done well against their opponent. Taysom Hill--Taysom ****ing Hill--was killing the Pats with QB runs earlier this year. We called, what, 2 or 3 for Allen, and none inside the red zone?

This team has just beaten itself over and over in so many ways this season.
Well I'm spinning in circles because I keep repeating the same thing, but they don't have a run game because of the way the offense is designed. It doesn't matter who the RBs are or what linesmen you have, if the play-caller wants to pass the ball on running downs and is very hesitant to run the ball on passing downs or 50/50 downs, then there's no use for mauler guards and bruising RBs, which is the offense the Bills have.
Sounds like a coaching issue, and I agree with these statements as well. Hopefully McD and Daboll can stop tripping over each other.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Sounds like a coaching issue, and I agree with these statements as well. Hopefully McD and Daboll can stop tripping over each other.

For as much as I dislike Daboll right now, I want him to win this little disagreement. Read Graham's "The Athletic" article. McD has a preference for ground-and-pound, which we are not suited for in any way shape or form. I'm pretty sure Daboll knows this.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
If you look at the QB stats there is no way the opposing team lost those games. It's crazy.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
75 rush yards allowed against Pittsburgh
146 for Tennessee
79 for Jacksonville
264 for Indy
222 for NE
(64 yard TD leaves 158 yards the rest of the game, five drives of 5 plays or less not including the TD and two end of half/game possessions)

Obviously the last two are terrible. The other three are reasonable. One may argue the NE is skewed with the wind and lack of pass attempts.

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
75 rush yards allowed against Pittsburgh
146 for Tennessee
79 for Jacksonville
264 for Indy
222 for NE

Obviously the last two are terrible. The other three are reasonable. One may argue the NE is skewed with the wind and lack of pass attempts.
No no no. Last night should be magnified. There was no threat to pass. That makes what happened last night way worse. Pats had 6 lineman on over 60% of the snaps. They told the Bills what they were going to do all game and they still couldn't stop it.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
For as much as I dislike Daboll right now, I want him to win this little disagreement. Read Graham's "The Athletic" article. McD has a preference for ground-and-pound, which we are not suited for in any way shape or form. I'm pretty sure Daboll knows this.
daboll needs to not be such a baby then, sitting up in his ivory tower calling shit run plays…. get the f*** down on the field and assert your will on the offense. tell the HC it’s my offense and i’m gonna call the plays.

i mean it’s obvious after mcdermott’s presser yesterday that daboll doesn’t have his full trust. but daboll isn’t doing himself any favors by being a good little boy and calling dumb plays that the offense isn’t suited for.

i hate toxic masculinity et al and it’s effects on our society, but just be a man for f***s sake and take control of your offense

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
No no no. Last night should be magnified. There was no threat to pass. That makes what happened last night way worse. Pats had 6 lineman on over 60% of the snaps. They told the Bills what they were going to do all game and they still couldn't stop it.
i think this is a bad take. the pats barely moved the ball. they had one big play. their running offense was literally their total offensive production. holding a team to 200 and change for the whole game is pretty good if you ask me

Reactions: brian_griffin

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
i think this is a bad take. the pats barely moved the ball. they had one big play. their running offense was literally their total offensive production. holding a team to 200 and change for the whole game is pretty good if you ask me
One big play is the difference in the game. You don't get to just remove a play to suit your agenda. How about we remove the muff punt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad