Buffalo Bills Week 13: Bills (7-4) v. Pats (7-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
All this “no one should be worried about New England because they x/y/z” is ignoring the fact that they are winning, have one of, if not the best coaches ever, and seem to always just be a thorn in the side no matter what personnel they have.

At the start of the year I wasn’t overly worried about them. Now though? Yeah if we don’t stop our Jekyll and Hyde routine, we could be in trouble in our games against them.

One can complain about New England's offense style all they want, and how little they ask Jones to do, but the fact is they score on a high percentage of their offensive possessions, don't turn the ball over, and have a great - not good - pass defense. That's a recipe for success. Add in the couple of bizarre calls you know they're going to get every game from the stripes and they're a very dangerous team.

Hell if the Browns beat the Ravens they're going to be the AFC's #1 seed entering next week. Maybe that will be good for us the way this season has gone. :biglaugh:

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I mean this is great for the bills if they win next week. The 1 seed is legitimately in play now.

win next week and you’re in the driver seat, especially if The browns miraculously win.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Granted, the AFC has been drunk this entire year, so some teams could unexpectedly slip, but it really feels like we're gonna have to win the east to get in. Hopefully Tampa wakes up. I'm rooting for TEN because I think we'll split with NE.

Still ****ing disgusted that we lost to this sorry-ass steelers team week 1.
11-6 will make the playoffs without a doubt, regardless of where the Pats finish. The AFC North/West still play a ton of games against each other so 10-7 should be good too, although we'll need some help there. They get to 11-6 by winning just one of the three NE/TB games and taking care of business everywhere else.

Obviously I'd rather win out (which very well could get us the 1 seed) or at least sweep the Pats, but there's other paths.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
All this “no one should be worried about New England because they x/y/z” is ignoring the fact that they are winning, have one of, if not the best coaches ever, and seem to always just be a thorn in the side no matter what personnel they have.

At the start of the year I wasn’t overly worried about them. Now though? Yeah if we don’t stop our Jekyll and Hyde routine, we could be in trouble in our games against them.

NE teams rarely beat themselves. We've done it a bunch this season.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Is New England winning games? Sure. Are they winning in a sustainable way? Maybe, but I’m not convinced. Their way of winning works in the regular season against average competition.

what are their impressive wins? All I have is the chargers win by 3. Blowing out the inconsistent browns is not impressive.

Plenty of teams win a lot of games but are frauds.

Again, I’m not saying they are a bad team, I just don’t believe they are a #1 seed quality team.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Really wish Fornette would have gone down there, but that is likely Indy's 6th loss right there with NE still on the schedule.

Indy with a big return, that's why Fornette should have gone down.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Does anybody actually like Tom Brady? I mean as a person. He seems like the kind of guy that doesn't have friends, only cheerleaders.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Is New England winning games? Sure. Are they winning in a sustainable way? Maybe, but I’m not convinced. Their way of winning works in the regular season against average competition.

what are their impressive wins? All I have is the chargers win by 3. Blowing out the inconsistent browns is not impressive.

Again, I’m not saying they are a bad team, I just don’t believe they are a #1 seed quality team.
Unfortunately, the same can be said about us this year. :(

Reactions: kirby11

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

I wish we can say this about Buffalo.

Unfortunately Buffalo has been the biggest fraud this season. Their defense has choked vs quality competition, the offense has had maybe one good game vs a quality defense, maybe.

NE has the makeup of a team to sweep Buffalo quite easily.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw

Unfortunately Buffalo has been the biggest fraud this season. Their defense has choked vs quality competition, the offense has had maybe one good game vs a quality defense, maybe.

Sorry, but that last sentence is just absurd. NE beats a Titans team that was without their MVP RB and Pro Bowl WR, and now their going to "sweep Buffalo quite easily"? Las Vegas still thinks the Bills are the AFC's best team, after they take care of the Pats next week, everyone else will agree.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

What a terrible take. The Bills defense has been elite in all but exactly 1 game. The Bills are #1 in the NFL in points scored and #2 in points allowed.

I'm sorry if you were expecting "Bills by a billion" to be the literal outcome of each game this season, but that's a problem with your expectations, not the team.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That might be the worst throw I've ever seen end with a completion. Insane catch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad