OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeah the heatwave is still on here in Texas- I am in the eastern part of the state so that comes with stupid humidity too. A couple more days of 100 degree+ weather and 75f -ish dewpoints, then finally, relief- trending to the high 80s, low 90s, which is much more normal. And drier air, which is really what makes it feel like a ber month here. Fall is not chilly (gets cool at night), just not as muggy as Sasquatch's ass in July :laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: Kovi

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I love the Ber months, my favourites! Now, if the humidity could get lost, that would be great.

Our hummers are still here. I have a favourite female who sits on the same branch of one of our lilacs and is very aggressive, as most are. She is still hanging out. Once she is gone, I will leave the feeder up for migrating birds. They are amazing little creatures.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I love the Ber months, my favourites! Now, if the humidity could get lost, that would be great.

Our hummers are still here. I have a favourite female who sits on the same branch of one of our lilacs and is very aggressive, as most are. She is still hanging out. Once she is gone, I will leave the feeder up for migrating birds. They are amazing little creatures.

yep. I usually leave mine out until mid October or so. Help for stragglers.
Once I dont see any for a couple of weeks I take it down, clean and store.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Yeah the heatwave is still on here in Texas- I am in the eastern part of the state so that comes with stupid humidity too. A couple more days of 100 degree+ weather and 75f -ish dewpoints, then finally, relief- trending to the high 80s, low 90s, which is much more normal. And drier air, which is really what makes it feel like a ber month here. Fall is not chilly (gets cool at night), just not as muggy as Sasquatch's ass in July :laugh:

for Central Mass, it been pretty hot. Lots of schools releasing early today. No AC so rooms getting to 100 plus.

IMG_0968.png

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
It's been a glorious 80 degrees in the mornings in AZ. I could actually breathe outside yesterday. Went for a meeting at 11 and when I came out the car was 109....so, we aren't quite out of the Hell-Scorch yet, but it's improving.
At least there's only a teeny bit of humidity.

Currently 87 beautiful degrees

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's been a glorious 80 degrees in the mornings in AZ. I could actually breathe outside yesterday. Went for a meeting at 11 and when I came out the car was 109....so, we aren't quite out of the Hell-Scorch yet, but it's improving.

I miss the dry air of my youth- SoCal, AZ, NV and now it's going to be great there for the next 7 months :)

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

When it's hot I head to Casey Park after my workday is done for an hour or two of skating, stickhandling and shooting. Today will provide a good workout, just like the previous two days. It's a lot more fun than jogging or being in a gym.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Same here, looks like we have 1 last little burst of 105 or so through the weekend then low 90s. Time for open windows

Reactions: Kovi

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We're having the dog days of August here, today its 91F . The humidity is so high my hips, especially the right one which is bone on bone, are really hurting despite medication (muscle relaxer plus Advil. The word is out from the FDA to scale back prescribing pain killers because so many people are hooked/becoming hooked. Lord knows I don't need that w/ family history but damn this isn't enough)

The trouble with this kind of pain (back pain too) is that it steadily grinds me down as it goes on. I have a very short fuse right now, I'm incredibly tired by the end of the day but can't sleep through the night. I'm also making stupid mistakes at work.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :rant: :rant:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
We're having the dog days of August here, today its 91F . The humidity is so high my hips, especially the right one which is bone on bone, are really hurting despite medication (muscle relaxer plus Advil. The word is out from the FDA to scale back prescribing pain killers because so many people are hooked/becoming hooked. Lord knows I don't need that w/ family history but damn this isn't enough)

The trouble with this kind of pain (back pain too) is that it steadily grinds me down as it goes on. I have a very short fuse right now, I'm incredibly tired by the end of the day but can't sleep through the night. I'm also making stupid mistakes at work.

Sending hugs and wishes for some relief, Betsy.

I miss the dry air of my youth- SoCal, AZ, NV and now it's going to be great there for the next 7 months :)
I was born in AZ and grew up between there and the high desert of SoCal, with a brief stop in the Central Valley, so humidity has never been my thing. Have lived in Pensacola, San Antonio and Jacksonville, so I understand humidity, and humidity understands that I simply hate it.

Where in SoCal did you call home?

Reactions: Dr Hook

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Sending hugs and wishes for some relief, Betsy.

I was born in AZ and grew up between there and the high desert of SoCal, with a brief stop in the Central Valley, so humidity has never been my thing. Have lived in Pensacola, San Antonio and Jacksonville, so I understand humidity, and humidity understands that I simply hate it.

Where in SoCal did you call home?

Thanks Trevor! :)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The last two days my phone's battery has been draining at an absurd rate. It should get through the day but it's not even lunchtime and it's at 45% with only moderate usage. I checked the settings to see what's been using the battery life but it says like 3% spotify, 2% chrome, and little bits of other things in the background that do not add up to 20%, much less 55%. There haven't been any system updates in the last few days that could provoke something, and no current updates available. I just turned off location and clicked the optimize battery thing (which tells me that it's optimized and status is "great") to try to save what I can and hopefully make it through the day, but I don't know.

It's a 3 year old phone so I'm not sure if it's just the end of this battery's life or there's something in the software that's screwing it up that I can fix. But it came across suddenly and not gradually. Usually by the end of the work day with moderate phone usage I'm still in the 50s or 60s percent-wise.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

It's easy to say, but take care and I hope it gets better.

Are you going to have hip replacement surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad