GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Not sure why social media in the city was buzzing about a Dallas/Vancouver WCF. We have seen this team blow a 3-2 series lead twice in humilating fashion (2003 and 2011).

Edmonton came out and showed what skill along with experience can do... Vancouver looks to be fading. Right now, this is sort of how 2011 played out. Edmonton sticks to the formula they had tonight and they are off to face Dallas.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Both sides diving and embellishing non stop, but the award for biggest embellishment in game 6 goes to Hyman.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Inexperience showing. Not anticipating a cornered opponent's response. This team needs glasses, with Skinner in there they have a gross inability to shoot on net. Miss after miss after miss, not matching intensity. The home crowd, and matchups will make a big big difference in gm7.

Reactions: I am toxic

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Both sides diving and embellishing non stop, but the award for biggest embellishment in game 6 goes to Hyman.
The contact was real though. I would call that embellishment maybe but not a dive.

Plus it's also a stick to the face. Let's see how you react with a stick tap in your nose

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The contact was real though. I would call that embellishment maybe but not a dive.

Plus it's also a stick to the face. Let's see how you react with a stick tap in your nose
Can guarantee 100% I wouldn't lay still on the ice with my face buried like I was dead. That's not the style of hockey I was raised on.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
How does that make you feel
I really don’t want to be the person yucking the yum here but I don’t think it’s a brag worthy offense for the best player in the league to score 3 on a (very good) AHL starter. Like oilers won no debate just this is definitely not the emphasis I would be taking away lol

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
It’s such a nonsensical comparison. You didn’t even like make it remotely close to your roles or value on the team lol
I mean, if you don't think Miller and Boeser have been the best players on the Canucks, I don't know what to say. What you said also didn't make a lot of sense, lets be honest.

Reactions: Macheteops

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
People can bitch back and forth all they want. But game 7 is what playoff hockey is all about. I'm excited!

If someone told me at the start of the season the Nucks would be taking Oilers to game 7 round 2 I woulda laughed at them.

Reactions: Macheteops

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers played like trash tonight for half the game. Nervousness killed their execution in period 1 and they still got the dominant win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad