WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012

despite, Canuck fans being gate keeped by oiler fans SINCE GAME 1 OF OUR SERIES with predators,

Canucks twitter is a dark place. For context, Oiler fans were getting away with little pushback from american fan bases that not as big as Canucks fans.

now we fight back and this is what we get. This is Thomas drance everyone, throwing the fanbase under the bus as a true coward.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
despite, Canuck fans being gate keeped by oiler fans SINCE GAME 1 OF OUR SERIES with predators,

Canucks twitter is a dark place. For context, Oiler fans were getting away with little pushback from american fan bases that not as big as Canucks fans.

now we fight back and this is what we get. This is Thomas drance everyone, throwing the fanbase under the bus as a true coward.

it's twitter dude, no one cares

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Depression and anxiety are widespread and treatable with medication. When symptoms are under control, there's no reason that someone can't function at a very high level. It shouldn't be stigmatized any more than asthma or diabetes.
IF they get your prescription right yes.. i only said anything because my peraonal experience with people i know and family it can be a shitshow

Reactions: racerjoe

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

Lol it's a joke dude. You can tell when people are joking right?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The media, and one of them sounds like Elliotte Friedman, are just brutal towards Petey, and he's clearly not happy about it and I don't blame him one bit. He's hit a rough patch and he knows that better than anyone.

Does that sound like Friedman to anyone else? I really feel for Peetey here and I want to smack Friedman upside the head.

The proper way to deal with emotion.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

go outside.

Reactions: Tinhorn1 and rypper

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Pretty much the entire HF Canucks forum hates me because I’ve been saying these things about Petey for the last 6 months but now that it’s come to the forefront of the team and it’s front and centre it’s kind of sad.

Dude seems like a wreck. Maybe he went through a bad break up or some shit?

More seriously, I think it's more you just sorta said a bunch of shit without qualifying it. I'm pretty sure I asked you to elaborate and you never did.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the players and coaches care about what anyone says on Twitter, then they're cooked. They should just turn off their smart-phones and turn to some sort of Zen meditation to soothe the mind and body.

Let's face it, this is a frenzied hockey market and the players know this before they sign up here. But ignoring all the white noise is essential. It's just not that important who says what about whom in the bigger picture.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Best of three. Beatable team, despite the media’s hard on the Oilers are not championship calibre team.

IF the team bring their A game they can win this
If we are doing this to them, they would be getting absolutely jobbed against Colorado or Dallas.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The media, and one of them sounds like Elliotte Friedman, are just brutal towards Petey, and he's clearly not happy about it and I don't blame him one bit. He's hit a rough patch and he knows that better than anyone.

Does that sound like Friedman to anyone else? I really feel for Peetey here and I want to smack Friedman upside the head.

It's Farhan Lalji. He also posted the whole interview on twitter. I give Petey credit for taking so many questions from the media.

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
I think Petey's problems are a combination of playing with plugs + nagging injury + limelight after signing a large contract + pressure of the playoffs. You guys are reading too much into his body language

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
More seriously, I think it's more you just sorta said a bunch of shit without qualifying it. I'm pretty sure I asked you to elaborate and you never did.
I mean its kind of all coming true now isn't it. I dont remember you asking me. I assume at the time I thought it was a waste of my time.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I get that the stakes are high and so everyone is uptight. But all of this dumb bullshit 'hurr durr he was tricked or convinced to sign here but didn't want to and is now quiet quitting on the team..." Like seriously?

He's Scandinavian so he doesn't express himself like North Americans do and so ethnocentric people from North America take his flat affect appearance (in our eyes) and extrapolate a whole bunch of dumb shit.

When he was scoring ten goals in his first NHL games and staring down reporters it was that he was a stone cold killer.

Now he's struggling and it's probably because he didn't have the courage to leave our team but suddenly wants to leave so badly that he's intentionally sewering our playoff run. Like, the thing he has worked his entire life towards, he is now not trying because....troglodytes think so.

-

Have any of you ever done anything at something resembling a high level with any kind of pressure? Ever experienced, or witnessed, a funk that just keeps growing and swallowing you deeper and deeper and becoming more and more self-perpetuating?
It happens.

Also, speaking as a 40 year old, I'm a lot more equipped to get out of funks now than when I was 25.

It's frustrating and he probably can't sleep at night.

When I was a player at far far lower levels I recall slumps where I was basically afraid of the puck because it felt like nothing I did ever went right and it just felt like a spotlight for humiliation. It looks like Petey's feeling that way and, having experienced similar feelings, I have a lot of empathy for him.

For those saying he sucks now or his contract is an albatross. Let's make a deal. Walk your hyperbolic opinion back a little bit, or else when he puts up 100 points next year or the year after you have to delete your account, okay?

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Like, he looks miserable and has looked miserable here for a long time - most of the last 4 years. Where the line is between 'mental health' and just 'guy just isn't happy for reasons' I have no idea.

but wasn't his misery as a result of not being on a playoff team? and he'd leave unless the team made the playoffs? well we made the playoffs and he didn't leave... but he's still miserable?

would bet you're right that it's "reasons"

_________

my thought on pettersson for years has been that everything we see from him is because he's not a good ol' robot without a thought in his mind aside from hockey. he grew up interacting with people from other walks of life, and from the very limited glimpse into his life we get from social media, it seems like he is interested and cares about more than just hockey. you know, like a human with emotions that isn't consistently suppressing them. or maybe he's like nikola jokic - supremely talented, but in his sport because that's his day job, not because he's some student of the game.

i think winning was genuinely fun at the beginning of the year when it was unexpected, and now he's gone back to needing more from life. it's very tough timing, and if this playoff series doesn't get him motivated it's hard to imagine what will. but i don't think this is a sign that he will never be engaged.

it's impossible for us to speculate on what is troubling him. it could be relationship stuff. maybe a close friend back home got a terminal diagnosis. maybe he is playing too much fortnite. maybe he f***ing hates jt miller and is regretting signing an extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad