• Preds in 6

• Preds in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0985.jpg

Time to get healthy(er)

Maurice said last night the Jets would not practice 3 days in a row. There is a practice scheduled tomorrow at the iceplex 11am.

Maybe I'll watch the Moose game today

912_D188_D-8_ABF-4_F0_F-9_DAF-7_DB518_B3_A6_F8.jpg

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Obviously I want to face the Avs in the next round (duh) but part of me wants to take out the Preds because I hate them and to be the best you should conquer the best.

As epic a Jets/Preds series would be I don't know if my heart could take it. I also wonder how much of whatever team made it out of that series would be left.

So. Much. Clenching. I bet some cilantro would help!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I suspect the series will begin on Saturday April 28.

Assume Nashville advances predict

GM 1 apr 28
GM 2 apr 30
GM 3 may 2
GM 4 may 4
GM 5 may 7 (Bridgestone booked 6th)
GM 6 may 9 (MTS booked 7th & 8th)
GM 7 may 11

Last edited:

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

GM 1 apr 28
GM 2 apr 30
GM 4 may 2
GM 5 may 4
GM 6 may 6 (MTS booked 7th & 8th)
GM 7 may 8 (Bridgestone booked 9th)

Doesn’t the NHL typically try to fit in one 3-day break for each series?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Go Avalanche. Jets Nashville would be the sc final in the second round.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014

GM 1 apr 28
GM 2 apr 30
GM 4 may 2
GM 5 may 4
GM 6 may 6 (MTS booked 7th & 8th)
GM 7 may 8 (Bridgestone booked 9th)

You forgot game 3 so May 9 would be game 6 using your guess

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Oops

Oops....maybe I am guilty of general malaise and should be a healthy scratch? :sarcasm:

So then......

GM 1 apr 28
GM 2 apr 30
GM 3 may 2
GM 4 may 4
GM 5 may 7 (Bridgestone booked 6th)
GM 6 may 9 (MTS booked 7th & 8th)
GM 7 may 11

Reactions: ps241

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Based on Maurice's post-game comments, I think Ehlers will probably be ready for the Game 1 of the 2nd round. I really hope atleast one of Armia and Perreault are ready for Game 1 of round 2 as well.

My biggest fear going into the 2nd round is the Jets playing Hendricks. One of Armia/Perreault needs to be healthy or Hendricks is in the lineup, I don't see Maurice putting in Dano over him.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Yes, pretty sure it starts Thursday. Might start Wednesday then Saturday tho if Nashville wraps it in 6.

There are round 1 games scheduled on wednesday. The NHL never overlaps.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Obviously I want to face the Avs in the next round (duh) but part of me wants to take out the Preds because I hate them and to be the best you should conquer the best.

As epic a Jets/Preds series would be I don't know if my heart could take it. I also wonder how much of whatever team made it out of that series would be left.

So. Much. Clenching. I bet some cilantro would help!

As much as I’d love to see us beat Nashville, I remember all too well how Jets 1.0 always wanted to beat the best, the Oilers, and we all know how well that worked out for us for 15 years plus.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I am wondering about Kulikov. Our depth d is ok against the wild, but the Preds will exploit them. How do we find out his situation. Does anyone have his cellphone number?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm debating on going to some of the Moose games as I've only seen ten this season, but I'm just so tired of downtown... doesn't mean I'm not rooting for them.

Kind of glad for this break because we could be playing Nashville the first two games which is almost a week of no hockey IN Winnipeg. Just downtown is such a pain with the traffic changes and you can almost not go anywhere while the traffic dies down (Shark Club, Moxie's, Boston Pizza, Brown's), so either way you're screwed.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
West is for sure finished Tuesday and the East Wednesday. Probably have at least one game Thursday.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I consider Vegas to be the biggest hurdle. I'd say they have a good proof of concept. Playoff hockey is where everybody plays their heart out and Vegas has been doing that all season, so they will win both with "experience" and the psychological looseness they can play with, having zero expectations put on to them.

However, I consider this team to be better than Vegas. But if you give an inch to them, they build on that and just eat you whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP and Board Bard

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I consider Vegas to be the biggest hurdle. I'd say they have a good proof of concept. Playoff hockey is where everybody plays at their heart out and Vegas has been doing that all season, so they will win both with "experience" and the psychological looseness they can play with, having zero expectations put on to them.

However, I consider this team to be better than Vegas. But if you give an inch to them, they build on that and just eat you whole.

I think Winnipeg is the toughest out in the west

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You're the last person I expected to have a tin foil hat Avco.

I find it highly unlikely Ehlers was a healthy scratch. That hasn't been Moe's style for 2 years and doubt it would start in the Stanely Cup playoffs

I'm open to every possibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad