GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Still exploring my options to creatively blame any goals on Skinner tonight
I mean it’s likely that he will have his glove on the boards during play, a puck that would likely go out hits his glove but the refs don’t notice it, and then leads to a break away.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Brad Holland must go as well pure nepotism hire.

Fine take out Miller look at this year in isolation. Look at the traded by the current GMs in 2024.

The deadline wasn't great, I agree. Unfortunately Henrique is injured as I think he's solid depth. Carrick was a miss. We don't even know if Stecher was a good add as they refuse to play him while Ceci soils his sheets.

Lindholm was looking like a bust in the regular season and wasn't much in the first round. They gave up a quality player in Kuzmenko for him as well. Zadorov has been quite the story in this round but wasn't much in the first aside from the softy Saros gave up. Lafferty has worked out well for them and his insane unsustainable shooting percentage was valuable in their push early in the season.

Often TDL acquisition impacts are overstated. Last year they brought in possibly one of the best all time in Ekholm. I was hoping Calgary wouldn't be Pejorative Slured and take the superior package for Tanev this TDL. He was the exact player they needed, not Walker like some were upset they missed out on (he's been useless these playoffs like playoffs past).

Reactions: Ibanez

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
We had our share of bad luck and Vancouver has had so much during the year. I’m doing the mega anti-jinx thing to hopefully infuriate the hockey gods to make them come over to our side.

What am I doing you say? Well I’m at the Calgary Airport and having a drink at the Llames bar/grill. Suck it Calgary and suck it Vancouver! Go Oilers!!!

Oh and yes I feel dirty sitting in here and it smells like manure :D

IMG_9870.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much at the deadline and Holland delivered exactly that - not much really. No cap room, prospect shelf pretty empty, and a few bloated contracts that he simply couldn't move, based on giving away a bunch of his earlier capital in some bad moves.
Holland overpaid for Henrique according to Servalli comparing to what other teams paid for better players. He could have moved contracts and players. Gazzola said he sin’t around much this playoffs. He has one foot out the door already

Reactions: Mav3rick07

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Brad Holland must go as well pure nepotism hire.

Fine take out Miller look at this year in isolation. Look at the traded by the current GMs in 2024.

Brad Holland isn’t a pure nepotism hire. He is the one that pushed hard for Hyman and Ekholm. He is an advocate for analytics and felt based on metrics he was going to pop. He wanted his dad to go big last year at the deadline and his dad said no. I really like Brad.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Brad Holland isn’t a pure nepotism hire. He is the one that pushed hard for Hyman and Ekholm. He is an advocate for analytics and felt based on metrics he was going to pop. He wanted his dad to go big last year at the deadline and his dad said no. I really like Brad.
It would be funny if Brad Holland is the next star GM and we pass on him to not be nepotistic.

I can’t really call who’s going to be a good GM personally. Feels like they come out of nowhere half the time.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
We had our share of bad luck and Vancouver has had so much during the year. I’m doing the mega anti-jinx thing to hopefully infuriate the hockey gods to make them come over to our side.

What am I doing you say? Well I’m at the Calgary Airport and having a drink at the Llames bar/grill. Suck it Calgary and suck it Vancouver! Go Oilers!!!

Oh and yes I feel dirty sitting in here and it smells like manure :D

View attachment 870829
Please seat yourself because all the tables are empty because our fan base are not loyal

• Haha
Reactions: subnet

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Vancouver fans on these boards are so annoying. They've taken over the mains and are just name calling and belittling oilers fans. They are so whiny. I don't comment on fanbases much, but I can't help it with these dolts.

Not much of a fan this is pathetic bro
imagine giving up on a series thats 2-1. Jesus Christ my dude. Pathetic indeed.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver fans on these boards are so annoying. They've taken over the mains and are just name calling and belittling oilers fans. They are so whiny. I don't comment on fanbases much, but I can't help it with these dolts.

They're one of the few examples where their online presence matches up with in person. A strangely arrogant fanbase for a team that's never won anything aside from a couple of worthless President's Trophies

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
There were about 7 chances in the last 5 minutes in the Bruins Panthers game that would have been goals against Skinner, including 2 breakaway chances, 2 clear shots from the slot, and several rebounds- but they all looked like routine, boring saves with Swayman and Bobrovsky. Funny how that works, not every chance has to go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad