GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I’m both excited and terrified all at the same time

I think it’s bad move breaking up the Linholm Joshua Garland line. That lines been giving the oilers fits.

Canucks are shook, scared to death, scared to look, ain’t no thing as halfway crooks.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I’m both excited and terrified all at the same time

I think it’s bad move breaking up the Linholm Joshua Garland line. That lines been giving the oilers fits.
You might be right, but Bluegar is who they had chemistry and success with for most of the year.

It wasn't until Lindholm struggled after being acquired that he slotted into that line. The wingers are what stir the drink.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
For the Oilers fans that don’t understand why we’re so happy about the line up changes.

Garland bleuger and joshua was on an absolute f***ing tear when they were together, playing like the best third line in the NHL.

Lindholm naturally is just a better centre so they put him there instead.

Mikheyev has been absolutely useless, and when lindholm played with petey before, he was hurt.

This is the first time we’re gonna see this healthy, significantly increases the depth across all the lines.

The Oilers are in a reality check tonight

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
I like the lineup changes, and its worth a shot. I like ditching Mikheyev and Lafferty and while Lindholm has been pretty good this playoffs I think Garland is the real driver there. It helps that Blueger was centering that line for the vast majority of the year when they were so successful. I'm not that confident that this will produce Petterson results, but I don't think we're really losing much by making that switch.

Either way.....really pumped for tonight. After not having real playoff hockey in town for so long it makes you appreciate the buildup for big games like this.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Should be an easy win for Oilers barring a goaltending collapse.

The games haven't been all that close tbh... Sillows standing on his head and Stuart Skinner being Stuart Skinner are the only reasons this series isn't either 3-1 Edmonton or already over. Edmonton has controlled over 60% of the expected goals in this series. It's contender vs bubble level shit.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Should be an easy win for Oilers barring a goaltending collapse.

The games haven't been all that close tbh... Sillows standing on his head and Stuart Skinner being Stuart Skinner are the only reasons this series isn't either 3-1 Edmonton or already over. Edmonton has controlled over 60% of the expected goals in this series. It's contender vs bubble level shit.
It’s been a close series and neither team has shown their best so far. Don’t forget the oilers were a shot in G2 from losing and a save + a shot in G4 from losing. This series could’ve been over and not in the way you argue. I would put some respect on the team you’re facing because that arrogance from the top down in the organization is what lost you guys the Colorado series.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I would also say that Edmonton should be VERY worried about their inability to close out games, even if they get past us. You’ve had a 3 goal lead in G1 and multiple 2 goal leads that you ended up losing or turning into ties late in the game. Dallas is a better version of us and Colorado is all speed, if you can’t defend leads then you’re absolutely cooked.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What the series has shown me so far.

Lindholm is fantastic when healthy
Bouchard is a legit #1 D
JT miller is the best Vancouver Canuck on the roster, including hughes
Garland is the engine of this canucks team
Silovs is ready to be a nhl backup
Drai is a monster in the playoffs, he is so good
Oilers PP ia the best ever
Canucks crowd is the best in the playoffs this year

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
For the Oilers fans that don’t understand why we’re so happy about the line up changes.

Garland bleuger and joshua was on an absolute f***ing tear when they were together, playing like the best third line in the NHL.

Lindholm naturally is just a better centre so they put him there instead.

Mikheyev has been absolutely useless, and when lindholm played with petey before, he was hurt.

This is the first time we’re gonna see this healthy, significantly increases the depth across all the lines.

The Oilers are in a reality check tonight

The only thing we are trying to understand is why the greatest coach of our time didn’t roll out this perfect lineup for the first 4 games?

Is Tocchet’s low shot, get dominated on high danger chances while playing with soo much “structure” (Brookbank 😉) approach just not getting it done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad