GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lines in blender, but doubt they stay that way for the entire night. If the Blueger, Joshua and Garland line struggles at at all, you might find Lindholm back on that line.

One line I've always thought had potential was Pettersson between Hoglander and Podkolzin. I think they actually tried it once or twice. Will be interesting see how Podz and Hoglander react to being out of the lineup.

Hopefully the come out of the gate like they're shot out of a cannon.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I feel a bit disappointed in Lafferty this playoffs.

Like he isn't bad or anything but I thought he would be a bit more eventful physically or use his speed more or something.

Happy for PDG.
There's a reason why he cost only a low pick. It's not easy to play at full motor for 82 games, specially if you're a grinder like Laff.

Also, today's lines makes it pretty clear why Tocc had Petey saddled with the scrubs - when you're forced to move up Blueger the 4th line becomes filler and it will be punished if it has to play against the Oilers' top 6. So tons of pressure on Petey to make it count.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Lines in blender, but doubt they stay that way for the entire night. If the Blueger, Joshua and Garland line struggles at at all, you might find Lindholm back on that line.

One line I've always thought had potential was Pettersson between Hoglander and Podkolzin. I think they actually tried it once or twice. Will be interesting see how Podz and Hoglander react to being out of the lineup.

Hopefully the come out of the gate like they're shot out of a cannon.
Joshua-Blueger-Garland never struggle.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
There's a reason why he cost only a low pick. It's not easy to play at full motor for 82 games, specially if you're a grinder like Laff.

Also, today's lines makes it pretty clear why Tocc had Petey saddled with the scrubs - when you're forced to move up Blueger the 4th line becomes filler and it will be punished if it has to play against the Oilers' top 6. So tons of pressure on Petey to make it count.
Last change helps, just don’t ice it

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Just listening to Toc’s media availability. Can’t believe he was able to say “reffing has been great!” with a straight face.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Feeling a big game from the Brockstar

He's been awesome this playoff - great to see him carry on from an excellent season.

The video posted of him and Miller by Sportsnet is revealing, too. He sought outside help to deal with his struggles after his Dad's passing, because he found himself blaming hockey for keeping him away from him near the end. Impossible not to have your heart go out to the kid, and I am so, so happy for him to be having success and finding joy in it again.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Just listening to Toc’s media availability. Can’t believe he was able to say “reffing has been great!” with a straight face.

He needs to stop kissing the ref's assess - they've been terrible for both teams.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Mikheyev by far.

Cole has been comically unlucky this series but was fantastic against Nashville. Can you even remember the last time Mikheyev had an impact on any given game, much less a positive one?
Cole has been the reason for several oilers goals

Mik just does nothing

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Some Oilers fans actually think Mik and Lafferty out of lineup benefits them because we lost a lot of speed in the lineup

Probably the most clueless fanbase in the league

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Holy I've been on a plane all day and the man actually did it. Very interested to see how the lines work out. Petey getting to play with Lindholm should be a huge boon for him - at least one guy will be in the right position at the right time and able to get him the puck. Blueger probably the guy on the 4th line who deserves to move up the most.

Mikhayev has been talked about to death, but Lafferty has been hugely dissapointing all playoffs, which has extended from his poor second half. Specifically, his forecheck has gone from a strength to completely brainless - constantly out of position, not moving his feet, etc. Hopefully this is a wake-up call for him, as this is hurting his contract status around the league.

Timing is interesting too - Tocchet clearly felt he couldn't hide his 4th line in Edmonton, whereas now that we're out home he's less concerned of an Aman-Podz line getting caught out there against McDavid.

Reactions: Nopefully

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I wonder if his knee is pooched. If so maybe we can robidas island him or have him get another surgery/stash on LTIR.

Mikheyev just doesn't seem to win puck races anymore. He was always good for breakaways but that ACL injury just zapped his speed.
His speed is fine, his crest laser shot needs to be re-calibrated so if that means doing the other knee then let's get that underway :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad