GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Pettersson to wing
Lindholm as his center
Hoglander is back
Blueger reunited with Joshua and Garland
Podkolzin gets 4th line opportunity
PDG is back

Mikheyev benched

Mother of god. The madman actually did it. Gotta say, I'm completely stunned, especially seeing Mikheyev scratched.

I'm fine if they don't gel immediately but Petey needs to show some step in his game tonight.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Blueger has been really good defensively in the playoffs and I agree with @MS theory.

But at the same time, this gives us a better chance at having 3 lines going. This is exactly the lineup I would have gone to.

We haven’t seen Petterholm together since Lindholm’s arrival when he was more injured. It’s overdue for them to try it. If it fails, cool. At least they tried it.

You don’t lose defensively with Blueger on that line. It doesn’t change Garland and Joshua’s role either.

The one thing is that I don’t know which of those lines gets higher leverage minutes.

Probably still Garland’s line?

Also, if they’re scared about Aman’s minutes, they don’t really have to actually use him. Your top two centers will play 45 minutes of the game anyways. Just take turns double shifting them & Blueger to limit Aman’s ice times

I think you approach lineup deployment based on how they're all playing. If Pettersson finally sparks, you run that line every few shifts to see if he finally throws that monkey off his back once in for all. Meanwhile, if Garland sparks heroics again then we roll Blueger's line.

Reactions: Peen

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I feel a bit disappointed in Lafferty this playoffs.

Like he isn't bad or anything but I thought he would be a bit more eventful physically or use his speed more or something.

Happy for PDG.

He had a really nice start to the season and then went pretty ice cold in a big way. Too bad - the hard driving, fast skating Lafferty we saw to start the year was a dynamic fourth liner.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I feel a bit disappointed in Lafferty this playoffs.

Like he isn't bad or anything but I thought he would be a bit more eventful physically or use his speed more or something.

Happy for PDG.

Lafferty has had a weird season.

Obviously the crazy start with 15 points in 28 games and then fell off badly in January-February and was healthy scratched a couple times ... and then he rebounded really well in March and seemed to find his legs again and looked like he was in form going down to the end of the season. And then he's completely lost it again.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
We have to make Divesaitl's life a living hell. He went off scot free last game. He's been scoring every single game despite being injured. Zadorov, Soucy, Joshua, Myers etc all need to dominate him. I hated how we played against him in the previous game. Make him feel the hurt.

Pickard also isn't that good so need more shots in. Powerplay again has been the reason for our losses. Different game if we scored on that 4 minute one.

All eyes on Petey too.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
WHEN: Thur, May 16th, 7pm
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Series
Tied 2-2

Canucks Line-Up:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Lindholm-Pettersson
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Silovs

Oilers Line-Up:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl-Holloway
Foegele-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Ryan-Brown

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Ceci

Pickard

Pre & Post-Game Coverage
Video
The Province
The Province

Sekeres & Price
https://www.youtube.com/@SekeresPrice/videos

Canucks Army
CanucksArmy

Rinkwide Vancouver
Rink Wide: Vancouver

Donnie & Dhali (/w John Garrett)
Donnie and Dhali

Brendan Morrison
Brendan Morrison Hockey

Sportsnet 650
Halford & Brough
Drance
Satiar & Dan
This is best lineup the Canucks can come up with now. It's about time. We have been wanting this for a while.

Have a good feeling about this game.

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
We have to make Divesaitl's life a living hell. He went off scot free last game. He's been scoring every single game despite being injured. Zadorov, Soucy, Joshua, Myers etc all need to dominate him. I hated how we played against him in the previous game. Make him feel the hurt.

Pickard also isn't that good so need more shots in. Powerplay again has been the reason for our losses. Different game if we scored on that 4 minute one.

All eyes on Petey too.

Draisaitl is such a punk. The team definitely needs to smack him around a lot more - been too easy for him, I think.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Draisaitl is such a punk. The team definitely needs to smack him around a lot more - been too easy for him, I think.
Zadorov has been smacking him around all series. He got a big hit in on him last game (although, surprise, surprise, the broadcast crew didn't replay the hit). Zadorov has really become a force. He's just bullying all of the Oilers and they have zero answer for him, and he's also playing great. He had a shift with Quinn Hughes last game and looked excellent. I think Hughes switched to the right side.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Lots of shots on Pickard. He was good enough to win, but didn't exactly look unbeatable - get more than 20 shots on him, including some high danger chances early on.

Seriously, and get to the net with speed and inside as well. They've made it easier on goalies than they should have. Hopefully Pod is like a bull out there.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
love to see the lineup changes. been calling this for three games straight, but think we finally see a breakout from petey.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Ian Cole is potentially a place holder for Chris Tanev next year but couldn't he do his place holding from the press box during these playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad