GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Blueger has been really good defensively in the playoffs and I agree with @MS theory.

But at the same time, this gives us a better chance at having 3 lines going. This is exactly the lineup I would have gone to.

We haven’t seen Petterholm together since Lindholm’s arrival when he was more injured. It’s overdue for them to try it. If it fails, cool. At least they tried it.

You don’t lose defensively with Blueger on that line. It doesn’t change Garland and Joshua’s role either.

The one thing is that I don’t know which of those lines gets higher leverage minutes.

Probably still Garland’s line?

Also, if they’re scared about Aman’s minutes, they don’t really have to actually use him. Your top two centers will play 45 minutes of the game anyways. Just take turns double shifting them & Blueger to limit Aman’s ice times

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Blueger has been really good defensively in the playoffs and I agree with @MS theory.

But at the same time, this gives us a better chance at having 3 lines going. This is exactly the lineup I would have gone to.

We haven’t seen Petterholm together since Lindholm’s arrival when he was more injured. It’s overdue for them to try it. If it fails, cool. At least they tried it.

You don’t lose defensively with Blueger on that line. It doesn’t change Garland and Joshua’s role either.

The one thing is that I don’t know which of those lines gets higher leverage minutes.

Probably still Garland’s line?

Also, if they’re scared about Aman’s minutes, they don’t really have to actually use him. Your top two centers will play 45 minutes of the game anyways. Just take turns double shifting them & Blueger to limit Aman’s ice times

Lindholm & Blueger will likely swap places a few times depending on the situations.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I wonder if the 'better linemates' remark by Pettersson had any effect on Tocchet's roster decision. Not to say that Pettersson calls the shots, but I do wonder if Tocchet sees that presser and factors that in to his roster decisions.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

Pettersson to wing
Lindholm as his center
Hoglander is back
Blueger reunited with Joshua and Garland
Podkolzin gets 4th line opportunity
PDG is back

Mikheyev benched

wow, tocc is doing exactly what the majority of the board wants to see

i still think the way we win this series is with miller - lindholm - petey up the middle, but i think my bigger issue with this lineup is petey has just looked even more completely lost in the brief stretches he’s been put on the wing. lindholm has been great but my feel is at this point he’s probably the more versatile and suited for wing center than petey, even if it’s a bit of a waste of his abilities.

nice to see PDG back and hopefully whatever’s going on in his life is better now, or at least under control.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
I like these new lines - they were exactly what most of us were looking to see. Hopefully having Hog and Podz back in gives them some energy.

Would've put in Mik for PDG on the 4th line but that's not a huge issue with how little Mik has been doing. Have noticed him easing up on the forecheck way too many times which Im sure Tocchet isnt happy about

wow, tocc is doing exactly what the majority of the board wants to see

i still think the way we win this series is with miller - lindholm - petey up the middle, but i think my bigger issue with this lineup is petey has just looked even more completely lost in the brief stretches he’s been put on the wing. lindholm has been great but my feel is at this point he’s probably the more versatile and suited for wing center than petey, even if it’s a bit of a waste of his abilities.

nice to see PDG back and hopefully whatever’s going on in his life is better now, or at least under control.

I agree with this but not with the way Petey is playing.

Reactions: sting101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad