GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't understand the assumption that a guy who put up 2 points in 6 AHL regular seasons games, and just got cut from a WC squad should just walk into the second line and inject a bunch of offence in the NHL playoffs.
Yeah. It's quite bizarre people think he would come in and be able to hang at all in this level of pace and physicality, let alone be a positive difference maker.

Lekk may become a very good player. But right now he has basically zero NA experience (and what games he did play weren't great), and is a light, perimeter player. He'd get destroyed.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah. It's quite bizarre people think he would come in and be able to hang at all in this level of pace and physicality, let alone be a positive difference maker.

Lekk may become a very good player. But right now he has basically zero NA experience (and what games he did play weren't great), and is a light, perimeter player. He'd get destroyed.

The idea that the spot for him is on the second line with a struggling Pettersson and a guy the coach is clearly reluctant to trust in Podkolzin is just baffling.

You'd have to assume that if he was to see time these playoffs, it's likely that he plays the odd shift on the 4th line at ES and then gets deployed on the PP. Just throwing him on the second line with those players would be weird as hell.

Reactions: BimJenning

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1715878646375.png

one of our media guys with a national profile should tweet these before every game

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I don't understand the assumption that a guy who put up 2 points in 6 AHL regular seasons games, and just got cut from a WC squad should just walk into the second line and inject a bunch of offence in the NHL playoffs.

I would very much see Aatu Raty next to Pettersson. You take a hit on speed but the guy has shown some skill at the AHL level.

Lekkerimaki was still skating with his head down in the AHL. You just worry about guys like Kane, Nurse or Perry taking the opportunity to floor him which is especially concerning when you consider he had a concussion the season before.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I feel like a wily vet could easily goad Kane into taking some really stupid retaliatory penalties. (Although our PP is so awful that it may be for the better not to get one.)

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Is anyone expecting a big surprise at morning skate today?

Or just smaller changes?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Tocc has to do something with that line, at least. It's baffling how committed he is to having Mikheyev be Petey's #1 linemate.
Yes it's really strange. 60 games with 1 goal and it was with Miller Boeser if i remember correctly?

I do get some of the lack of defensive trust for say a Podkolzin Bains and even Hoglander but for BOTH Pettersson and Mikhayev AND the team you owe an attempt at something different rather than the INSANE idea that next game will change.

It's more likely Mikhayev if you want his speed and PKing (which is fine to stay in the lineup) scores on a broken play off the 4th line than he does when Pettersson sets him up for a scoring chance. He's done nothing but flub open nets and is unable to hit a target if his life depended on it.

Ballsy enough to go with Silovs yet not ballsy enough to try and break up that dynamic duo? it's driving me mad

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
If Tocchet doesn't re-unite Joshua-Blueger-Garland, and he doesn't put Pettersson on the wing with Lindholm, then he has to give Pettersson both Hoglander and Podkolzin. Hoglander just to give it another shot, and Podkolzin as a wild card that can just forecheck for the puck.

It might hurt them defensively to do this, but you need to risk something right now to get Pettersson going.

Mikheyev can play with Blueger and Aman/Lafferty. This is assuming PDG doesn't play, but if he does, drop Lafferty and go with PDG-Blueger-Mikheyev on the 4th line:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin
PDG-Blueger-Mikheyev
That’s exactly the lineup and decision making I made.

Reactions: Snatcher Demko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad