GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
CBC radio indicated Demko might start tonight, but theyre not usually a reliable sports source so not sure if the broadcaster heard something from last night and is making more of Demkos recovery bigger than it is
I seriously doubt this based off the presser yesterday from Tocchet.

Reactions: LordBacon

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yes i think either you put Pettersson in a leadership role with 2 young guys who at least have the skill to score and lots of piss and vinegar in Hoglander Podkolzin or you have to swap Blueger to the 3rd line and Lindholm with Pettersson and Hoglander/Podkolzin getting Mikhayev as far away from Pettersson as possible.

Mikhayev Amen Pod/Hog would be a fine energy 4th line with Amen being able to PK with Mikhayev which is 2 fast long players.

Me i would start Hoglander with the other 2 Swedes and give Podkolzin a chance to get his feet wet before asking too much. He did score 20 plus this year and deserves a second chance after a reset

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
What I got from Tocchets presser is he’s saying they are a second or two late in their brains which means don’t be going to where the puck is, go to where it will be, they played their best period in the 3rd coming back. He wants a full 60 minutes rather than holding back. These guys are very capable of doing that with how they had all the possession in that period only to throw it away late. He wants them to hold pucks like Drai and move your feet specifically mentioned Petey on that one. He wants who ever is on Peteys line to help win the forechecks.

It’s like they are afraid to win giving them too much respect.

Finish your checks, forecheck and just work.

Let’s go!
I have called it paralysis by analysis.
Don't think, Do.
Practice, practice, practice.

We saw the result of that with the cycle play that got Boeser wide open for a goal, one side to the other, forward switch, out to the point and back behind the net to switched player while the other forward circled into a shooting spot.
Lots of players will get mesmerized by the puck especially if the opponents are passing behind the net and other are skating into shooting lanes.

Whoever on Petey's line? This has been going on for months now and with every player even on the PP.

Hopefully it was only a confidence thing and he has a break out game. He doesn't look happy in Vancouver with this team anymore.

Reactions: crazychimp

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Re; Pettersson need to find a way to take better advantage of his skill and shot which to me would mean put him closer to the net higher up against Oiler defensemen.

Throw him on the wing so when a mistake happens it's him with the puck not that hack Mikhayev and his shot to the chest.

Also allows him to focus on just beating a defenseman not having to lug pucks through the neutral zone against 3 or more defenders

Oilers have no issues using McDavid/Draisaitl or RNH on the wing we should be fine doing the same.

Even if it means Amen or Blueger moves to the middle and Pettersson goes to the wing that would be a way to free him up. It's not about absolving Pettersson of anchoring a line at C it's about using your weapons best to win the series.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I don't understand why they wouldn't put a revolving door of : BB, JT, Lind, Gar, Dak and Suter on EP40's wing and sink Mik to the 4th line.

Understandably all players have different styles but you think it would be better than Mik.

That would bump those revolving wingers time up like 2-3 min each per game

Suter - JT - BB
Hog - EP - Mix
Dak-Lind-Garl
Mik -Ted-Laf

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Post the teams record with these too. Now! lol
1715876527858.png

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I don't understand why they wouldn't put a revolving door of : BB, JT, Lind, Gar, Dak and Suter on EP40's wing and sink Mik to the 4th line.

Understandably all players have different styles but you think it would be better than Mik.

That would bump those revolving wingers time up like 2 min each per game

Suter - JT - BB
Hog - EP - Mix
Dak-Lind-Garl
Mik -Ted-Laf

I’d do this and have Karlsson in the mix spot with a better revolving winger like Garland or Boeser during crucial times.

Get Mikheyev as far away from Pettersson as possible, he’s completely useless. No intensity, no grit, no skill. Always a half second late on every forecheck, he’s simply coasting. 1 goal in his last 60 games, even defensive defenceman produce more offence! Get Mikheyev the line anchor off of him, unshackle Petey!

Reactions: vanarchy

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I’d do this and have Karlsson in the mix spot with a better revolving winger like Garland or Boeser during crucial times.

Get Mikheyev as far away from Pettersson as possible, he’s completely useless. No intensity, no grit, no skill. Always a half second late on every forecheck, he’s simply coasting. 1 goal in his last 60 games, even defensive defenceman produce more offence! Get Mikheyev the line anchor off of him, unshackle Petey!
If hitting the crest counted as a goal, Mikheyev would be a generational talent.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Based on Tocchet's press conference yesterday I really want to see Lekk draw into the lineup tonight. Screw "not buying into the system" - inject some offence, get a sneak peek at Petey's linemate of the future and put Podkolzin with them. Re-insert Hoglander onto the 4th line.

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Lekk - Pettersson - Podkolzin
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Hoglander - Blueger - Mikheyev

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Based on Tocchet's press conference yesterday I really want to see Lekk draw into the lineup tonight. Screw "not buying into the system" - inject some offence, get a sneak peek at Petey's linemate of the future and put Podkolzin with them. Re-insert Hoglander onto the 4th line.

Suter - Miller - Boeser
I have to believe Tocchet will default pack to his safe choices with maybe Hoglander coming back into the lineup for Karlsson.

I think he maybe does wholesale changes if this team completely no shows and drops this game in decisive fashion.

Reactions: supercanuck

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I seriously doubt this based off the presser yesterday from Tocchet.
There is 0% chance Demko is starting today.

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Lekk is not coming in.

He would get absolutely mugged.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Re; Pettersson need to find a way to take better advantage of his skill and shot which to me would mean put him closer to the net higher up against Oiler defensemen.

Throw him on the wing so when a mistake happens it's him with the puck not that hack Mikhayev and his shot to the chest.

Also allows him to focus on just beating a defenseman not having to lug pucks through the neutral zone against 3 or more defenders

Oilers have no issues using McDavid/Draisaitl or RNH on the wing we should be fine doing the same.

Even if it means Amen or Blueger moves to the middle and Pettersson goes to the wing that would be a way to free him up. It's not about absolving Pettersson of anchoring a line at C it's about using your weapons best to win the series.
Tocc has to do something with that line, at least. It's baffling how committed he is to having Mikheyev be Petey's #1 linemate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad