GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: Thur, May 16th, 7pm
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Series
Tied 2-2

Canucks Line-Up:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Lindholm-Pettersson
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Silovs

Oilers Line-Up:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl-Holloway
Foegele-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Ryan-Brown

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Ceci

Pickard

Pre & Post-Game Coverage
Video
The Province
The Province

Sekeres & Price
https://www.youtube.com/@SekeresPrice/videos

Canucks Army
CanucksArmy

Rinkwide Vancouver
Rink Wide: Vancouver

Donnie & Dhali (/w John Garrett)
Donnie and Dhali

Brendan Morrison
Brendan Morrison Hockey

Sportsnet 650
Halford & Brough
Drance
Satiar & Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: quat and Indiana

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
My heart can't take it. I woke up with what I'd almost describe as a panic attack.
Opposite for me lol, I was frustrated/annoyed after the game ended yesterday but today I feel like this being a best of 3 with home ice advantage against a team that was heavily favoured to win this series is a pretty good spot to be in still.

I hope the team feels the same way and moves on from that brutal loss.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Opposite for me lol, I was frustrated/annoyed after the game ended yesterday but today I feel like this being a best of 3 with home ice advantage against a team that was heavily favoured to win this series is a pretty good spot to be in still.

I hope the team feels the same way and moves on from that brutal loss.

Oh rationally, it's all good. 4 one-goal games against a team that almost no one in the media gave us a chance. Oilers are touting their at-best-average back-up as the saviour of the franchise. Canucks highest paid player, next season, is underperforming at a level that is almost impressive.

I think my rapid heart beat had more to do with work stress than the Canucks but this damn team certainly isn't helping!

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
Surely Demko must be getting close. Regardless, the guys need to put in a full 60min effort, enough of this bullshit 10min per game effort. Keep the pressure on the whole way and don’t sit back and let the Oilers attack in waves. The wins will come

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Surely Demko must be getting close. Regardless, the guys need to put in a full 60min effort, enough of this bullshit 10min per game effort. Keep the pressure on the whole way and don’t sit back and let the Oilers attack in waves. The wins will come

Dhaliwal said the other day that he heard Demko would be a possibility for Game 7.

Goaltending isn't our issue at the moment, though - Silovs is doing a terrific job. The team in front of him needs to play a 60-minute game. I thought our best 1-2 punch of games in this playoff was Game 6 @ NAS followed by Game 1 vs. EDM - we were the better team front to back in both of those games. We need to get back to that consistent effort level.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Positives:

- Miller will be a man possessed. After the inexcusable mistake on the winning goal (absolutely cannot just fly by Drai, he needs to battle him and clear the puck), he will be firing on all cylinders.
- Juulsen experience is over. I think all of us probably expected him to cost the team a goal flying way out of position to make a hit
- I thought Petey looked actually good in the third. He seems to create whenever he finds himself in the OZ without his scrub linemates. Re-unite the effective Garland-Blueger-Joshua line and give him Lindholm so he has someone to play with.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Positives:

- Miller will be a man possessed. After the inexcusable mistake on the winning goal (absolutely cannot just fly by Drai, he needs to battle him and clear the puck), he will be firing on all cylinders.
- Juulsen experience is over. I think all of us probably expected him to cost the team a goal flying way out of position to make a hit
- I thought Petey looked actually good in the third. He seems to create whenever he finds himself in the OZ without his scrub linemates. Re-unite the effective Garland-Blueger-Joshua line and give him Lindholm so he has someone to play with.

Honest question about Juulsen - was he that bad other than running out of position on the 1 goal? A massive blunder, to be sure, but I thought the rest of his game was reasonable. Reasonable enough to have me internally debating whether he or Cole should be in next game.

And I agree, Petey showed some glimpses in the 3rd. But we need a statement game from him, and we just haven't gotten it. 1 goal and 4 points in 10 games is brutal.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
They better come out possessed.

I'm not even going to re-post Seravalli's article about Pickard, but man alive, does this guy love him some Oilers.

And they're really leaning into the whole "balls" thing. A+ journalism - I'm sure his writing profs would be proud.
when the canucks went up 2-1 he went on a Calgary podcast saying both teams will be smoked next round. A soon as edm wins he writes that cringe article. He's a POS

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Petey was invisible the entire game and then when he was switched off of Mikheyev and Lafferty and put on a loaded line he was making noticeable and smart decisions and passes in the offensive zone.

I know we want him to create create create with his skills but he's battling something right now and I think Tocchet needs to staple him to some good linemates for an entire game. This idea that Pettersson will have a breakout game with the deployment he's getting is an absolute farce and not something we should be hanging our hats on.

It's a best of 3 now. Load your lines for game 5. Lean on your best players and let's take this one. It was a sad loss but we got a split - did anyone expect to take both games?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Everybody is in this doom and gloom mode for Vancouver, yet the entire objective going into Edmonton was to win one game; winning both would have been a bonus.

Does it suck that we had a chance and blew it? Sure.

But let’s not kid ourselves. Vancouver is in the driver's seat; we have home advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad