GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
This could so easily be 3-0 Oilers, and over tonight.

They should have won Game 1 but Skinner shit his pants.

They won Game 2.

They should have won Game 3 but Skinner shit his pants.

And they're winning tonight. We don't have an answer for their top line, and our best players are clearly injured.
Canucks were generally the better team in Games 1 and 2.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I think all the hard defending has taken a toll on this group. Players look farigued and their feet and hands are suffering. Hopefully they can dig deep and find a way to get some sustained pressure in the offensive zone ave test Pickard. Just need to steal this one.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
This is basically an elimination game for Edmonton. And ppl here think we are just going to have no problem with them in their barn? Edm came out electric and we had to weather it.

But hey lets hear all those lame hockey cliches about "bearing down" on the powerplay bruh
I mean, it's one thing to have the opposition come out hard. It's another thing entirely to just let them and use the PP to try and kill the clock when you're down one.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Karlsson-Pettersson-Mikheyev. Pettersson playing with an AHL'r and the other guy speaks for itself.
Can't we judge Pettersson on his own?? We can consider his linemates when it comes to production alone but nobody's even talking about the production. They're talking about how he looks out there on the ice. That's not on his linemates!

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Not buying the Pettersson is injured excuse.

And I was making all kinds of excuses for him earlier in the season, I truly did believe he was injured.

Not anymore.

He's played every single game this season.

Rick Tocchet is a straight shooter, he's the type to say if someone is hurt.

6 days ago: Canucks vs. Oilers: Rick Tocchet insists Elias Pettersson isn't injured

The team isn’t using illness to cover for another injury to Pettersson, he said.

“We don’t lie here,” he said, with emphasis.

Unprompted, Tocchet said he’s aware that there’s been speculation about whether Pettersson is carrying some sort of injury, perhaps to his back or his wrist. But he moved to quash that speculation.

Article content

“He’s just a little sick,” he said.

Pettersson, for his part, said he’s feeling fine.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This is basically an elimination game for Edmonton. And ppl here think we are just going to have no problem with them in their barn? Edm came out electric and we had to weather it.

But hey lets hear all those lame hockey cliches about "bearing down" on the powerplay bruh
Blowing 6 mins of PP time isn’t weathering anything

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Hoglander has been awful in the playoffs, i was suprised. He couldnt do anything, his game changed while the game changed. Maybe a couple a games off and he will be back, i hope to hell, but so far he looked a step behind
Hog deserves another chance and I wouldn't say he's been awful this series. His analytic numbers are all very good this series. You can't honestly tell me that Karlsson, Aman, Lafferty are better options.

Reactions: M2Beezy

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
We're leading the series 2-1. Already stole back home ice advantage and down 1 goal with 40 to go.

If y'all jumped everytime we lose the lead there wouldn't be many of us left around here to see us lift the cup lol!

I would be more confident had they pressured in that period and looked hungrier on that 4 minute powerplay.

Instead, we have Filip f***in Hronek going 1 on 4, Pettersson falling down, Hughes bobbling the puck, Miller turning it over down low and Boeser getting boxed out.

They were not ready to play tonight and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad