Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
What is killing this team on the PP zone entries is the slow paced drop back play. When that last attacker finally tries to carry the puck over the line all four players are at a total stand still. When the puck carrier makes it over the blue line there's nobody to pass to and they end up looking to throw it to someone a foot inside the line through lots of defenders.

You would hope Hughes would be the guy that can attack at full speed and make players back off a bit but he's not doing that. Pettersson is probably the only other guy that could pick apart the defense at the blueline but he's AWOL. Frustrating to watch for sure.
All zone entries are needing improvement. Our guys dump it in and hope to crash and recover the puck, or its one guy bring the puck in while maybe one follows as the rest change. Oilers waltz or speed right into our zone very easily

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
All zone entries are needing improvement. Our guys dump it in and hope to crash and recover the puck, or its one guy bring the puck in while maybe one follows as the rest change. Oilers waltz or speed right into our zone very easily

Yeah, Oilers are getting through the neutral zone way too easily. I can understand backing off when McDavid is on the ice but it's happening most shifts for big portions of the game.

I think the overall tilting of the ice has to do with Vancouver not forechecking very well. That Edmonton blue line has been getting off too easy so far and having little trouble transitioning the puck.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Yeah, Oilers are getting through the neutral zone way too easily. I can understand backing off when McDavid is on the ice but it's happening most shifts for big portions of the game.

I think the overall tilting of the ice has to do with Vancouver not forechecking very well. That Edmonton blue line has been getting off too easy so far and having little trouble transitioning the puck.

i also don’t think it’s as impossible as the team thinks to blitz the oilers pp when they are breaking out and in the neutral zone

yes mcdavid but if you do it smart you can apply pressure to at least slow down their entry without conceding an odd man rush

or at the very least there is a big difference between some pressure on their pp as it comes out of their zone and moves through the neutral zone and zero pressure.

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad