Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Makes me ill he was ever let go by tweedledee.
We found him, he was a warrior from day 1 to his last game here. That play on Hronek in the last minute wouldn’t have happened to Tanev. Not entirely Hroneks fault but Tanev would have found a way to sacrifice himself to make that play.

Every time I think about that off season, it makes my blood boil (ok I mean basically the entire Reign of Error makes my blood boil but, you know, I gotta ration my boiling blood, lest I run out of blood completely and just become an Arizona Coyotes fan).

Tanev, Toffoli, Markstrom, all were completely ready to get extended and stay, maybe even with home town discount.

But nope, Commando Dimbo said he ran out of time.
:facepalm:

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
we can win this series

Get the floaters out of the lineup and stop 3 guys chasing Mcdavid all over the D zone

Drive to the net on o and bang in the rebounds …. Which Pickard gave up all night

Stop barely getting the blueline on the pp then hitting the brakes. Get it deeper then set up. The oilers are cheating on their blueline.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
we can win this series

Get the floaters out of the lineup and stop 3 guys chasing Mcdavid all over the D zone

Drive to the net on o and bang in the rebounds …. Which Pickard gave up all night

Stop barely getting the blueline on the pp then hitting the brakes. Get it deeper then set up. The oilers are cheating on their blueline.
We need to fix our entry and setup, it’s f***ing disgusting

Reactions: Flik

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah I always think that strapping Mik and some other anchor with Pete, then blaming him completely for not getting anything going is a bit heavy handed.

Of course, he's not free from blames, but in a situation like this it's better to set him up for success instead of just forcing him to make fillet mignon out of diarrhea.
Garland makes a lot happen with Dakota and Bluger. They’re not exactly offensive stalwarts.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Garland makes a lot happen with Dakota and Bluger. They’re not exactly offensive stalwarts.

Different player, different expectations.

Like I said, Pete is not free from blames. But if chaining the stone of shame aka Mik on him doesn't work, and we know some other players could get things going with him, would it not be to our benefit to remove the stone of shame and strap on the stones of triumph? Rather than letting him lug the stone of shame up a mountain?

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
EP is playing like his sole objective is to not take any contact or risk getting injured ..oh and collect his huge cheque

Have some heart and desire EP

You are the one that said he wanted to play on a contender !!! Now you are there and you melt away into nothing

Take a lesson in heart and desire from Garland ffs

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Karlsson Hronek Suter Mikhayev Lafferty Petterrson Amen the 6/7 who forgot its a playoff game.

At least Pettersson gave us a glimmer at the end but it's still upsetting to think this is the player that said he wanted to win and then shows indifferent play.

Juulsen we talked exactly about what he did. Wasn't even a forward FFS. He comes out for being stupid

Karlsson Lafferty would come out for me up front for Hoglander and Podkolzin. Mikayev to the 4th line with Pod
Blueger back with Joshua and Garland. Lindholm Hog and Pettersson on the wings. Suter needs to be better and I wouldn't have an issue putting Pod there if he's flat to get some hard forecheck for Miller Boeser

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Still funny that Edmonton almost choked that one away. They can’t defend leads. That 4 minute power play was a killer, as well as Juulsen’s miscue. I think the boys come out fired up for game 5

Reactions: crazychimp

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I don’t care if the Nucks get swept by Dallas.

Just beat Edmonton for f*** sakes.
I agree, for me….this is the Cup series

It sucks tonight because I know we had them in ot if it got there

That said, we have way more upside than the oilers to this point and the series is tied with us having home advantage

We can do this but we need a full team effort

And Kane to be suspended for the next game

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If Pettersson isn't on a line with at least one other top 6 forward next game I'm going to be mildly irritated.

Best of 3 series moving forward. Canucks have 2 games at home. Soucy back next game. Sounds like Tocchet will actually make meaningful lineup changes.

It isn't over.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There’s actually a route to essentially benching Pettersson and I don’t think it’s that ridiculous.

You’d go back to Blueger with Joshua and Garland, and then move Mikheyev up and put Podkolzin on that line.

Run Pettersson on a fourth line with Hoglander and PDG or whoever.

Now I definitely think there’s better solutions but Lindholm/Podz/Mikh looked good together and the other line is a known quantity.!

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
The whole sequence that lead to the RNH goal was due to EP completely letting Ellkholm skate around him

Pathetic effort by EP, which them led to Juulsen stepping up to hit Ekholm

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
He's literally trying to load manage in the playoffs. 1-2-3-4 with talent dispersed in the lineup.

Let's be real... this round is the Stanley Cup Finals for this team. He should absolutely be riding his top guys. Load up the top lines FFS.

We're seeing on D - when Hughes is on the ice, we look great. When he's not, less so. Tocchet seems to have figured that out.

Up front I'd go:

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Hog - Petey - Garland
Joshua - Lindy - Pod
Meh-keyev - Blueger - Laff

Garland maybe the guy to get Petey going.

Hope we stick with Silovs next game vs panicking and going with DeSmith just to switch it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad