Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Canucks are fortunate that they're still basking in the afterglow of the Stuart Skinner meltdown. With even average goaltending, the Oilers would easily be up 3-1 in this series.

But that's the value of being in the playoffs. You learn in a hurry where your team needs help. Allvin and Rutherford of course have taken in every game--so they're seeing the same things we all are.

Based on these playoffs alone, I'd prioritize signing Lindholm and Zadorov. As for their other UFA's, it really hard to see a lot of them coming back.
And if Pettersson played like a 11.6m player and cole didn't score on us like 5 times we would've swept

Whats yours point bud

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I hope everyone is having a blast. We are in a second round playoff series against a rival that was one of the favourites for the cup. We aren't down 3-0. We aren't getting blown out.

We are up against a team that has really shoddy goaltending and defense. We can win this series. It is a best of 3.

Get mad at decisions and players but cut the doom and gloom bullshit. When the season is over we can discuss what to do in the future. Enjoy the moment after 10 excruciating years.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hope Rick decides to move Petterson up to the top line for Game 5 to try to get him going. Blueger can fill in as #3C for the meantime. Unless Pettersson is dominating on faceoffs but I dont think he is.

Yeah I always think that strapping Mik and some other anchor with Pete, then blaming him completely for not getting anything going is a bit heavy handed.

Of course, he's not free from blames, but in a situation like this it's better to set him up for success instead of just forcing him to make fillet mignon out of diarrhea.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I wish @nerevarine would just post in our thread tonight, don't worry yo, our mods don't ban peeps willy nilly. We're having a grand ol' time in Canucks land. :heart:

I hope everyone is having a blast. We are in a second round playoff series against a rival that was one of the favourites for the cup. We aren't down 3-0. We aren't getting blown out.

We are up against a team that has really shoddy goaltending and defense. We can win this series. It is a best of 3.

Get mad at decisions and players but cut the doom and gloom bullshit. When the season is over we can discuss what to do in the future. Enjoy the moment after 10 excruciating years.

Having an absolute blast, this is the way!

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I love having emotion for games again. Win or lose. Being pissed right off and hating opposing players, not my own team's roster.

My wife is pissed off at me tonight and telling me it is just a game. She doesn't get how bad cole has looked. I try to explain it but she doesn't listen or pay attention.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I wish @nerevarine would just post in our thread tonight, don't worry yo, our mods don't ban peeps willy nilly. We're having a grand ol' time in Canucks land. :heart:

Having an absolute blast, this is the way!

Yup, count me in as having a f***ing blast. I’m making so many memories watching this with my boys, too. They’ve basically grown up never knowing this team to have success, so this is the first time we’ve gotten to enjoy playoff hockey together.

I hope the ride can keep going a little while longer!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I love having emotion for games again. Win or lose. Being pissed right off and hating opposing players, not my own teams.

My wife is pissed off at me tonight and telling me it is just a game. She doesn't get how bad cole has looked. I try to explain it but she doesn't listen or pay attention.

My wife refuses to watch hockey - doesn’t like it at all. Suffers the fact that the boys play it and I coach it.

But even she has become aware of Cole. When my son’s cousin calls him after the game and says “I WANT TO FIRE COLE OUT OF A CANNON INTO THE SUN”, she notices. :laugh:

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
My wife refuses to watch hockey - doesn’t like it at all. Suffers the fact that the boys play it and I coach it.

But even she has become aware of Cole. When my son’s cousin calls him after the game and says “I WANT TO FIRE COLE OUT OF A CANNON INTO THE SUN”, she notices. :laugh:
My fiancée isn’t a hockey fan either. She likes Zadorov though for his stances on the war in Ukraine, so it’s cool

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Yup, count me in as having a f***ing blast. I’m making so many memories watching this with my boys, too. They’ve basically grown up never knowing this team to have success, so this is the first time we’ve gotten to enjoy playoff hockey together.

I hope the ride can keep going a little while longer!

To think, just a year ago we were mired in darkness, wondering if our team would ever be relevant again, and then bam, it looks like a contending window has opened.

House money now.

"Cup or Bust" for the other side lmao.... I wanna tear their hearts out just for the LULZ now.

We're just getting started :nod:

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah Tanev is a must signing. Expressed his desire to return to the Canucks, familiar with the lockeroom and environment + proven chemistry with Hughes.

Not surprised, he was a rock for us during the lockout playoffs.
Makes me ill he was ever let go by tweedledee.
We found him, he was a warrior from day 1 to his last game here. That play on Hronek in the last minute wouldn’t have happened to Tanev. Not entirely Hroneks fault but Tanev would have found a way to sacrifice himself to make that play.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
She gave me a "yay sports" after game 1.
My fiancée isn’t a hockey fan either. She likes Zadorov though for his stances on the war in Ukraine, so it’s cool

I think I got lucky.

My wife was born and raised in Tampa and is a huge hockey fan (Flyers as her first love lol, Tampa second) she's totally a Canucks fan now too.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Women. Unbelievable.

On the flip side, you can have flat out lunatics like Rachel “I watch you while you sleep” Doerrie who have a vested interest in hockey.

So really there’s pros and cons both ways.

BimJenning

Feb 17, 2008
Vancouver
I think I got lucky.

My wife was born and raised in Tampa and is a huge hockey fan (Flyers as her first love lol, Tampa second) she's totally a Canucks fan now too.
Y'all have partners that love you? At least being a Canucks fan, I'm used to everything I love failing and disappointing me too

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad