Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I have 0 desire to bring him back for anything more than 6, and even that’s pushing it

Hope the door hits his ass on the way out.

If we trade him (not saying we should, as I definitely don't think I'm bright enough to even make this kind of prediction), we might free up cap space to pursue Guentzle and Tanev?

Tanev's been a rock this playoff, total stud.

Reactions: TruKnyte

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tocchet saying that had 'six' and maybe 'seven' passengers tonight. Speculation is who he's referring to.

But has vowed lineup changes for the next game. Sit Cole in favour of a re-jigged blueline with Soucy and Juulsen back in the lineup.

And bring back Podkolzin for hi first game of the playoffs. At least he has some size and grit on the forecheck. And Hoglander should be an automatic.

Can't have a 'no-show rom that

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Mik is NOT hustling fine enough. He is coasting, and doing so when the Oilers are building speed the other way in a lot of cases. He follows other players on the line to check the same guy, which is how we gave up a goal.

It's a rarity that he skates hard or engages, not the other way around. And it's happening at both ends of the ice.

Fair enough - I’d be totally fine with him getting scratched but, like Cole, don’t see it happening.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
If we trade him (not saying we should, as I definitely don't think I'm bright enough to even make this kind of prediction), we might free up cap space to pursue Guentzle and Tanev?

Tanev's been a rock this playoff, total stud.
Yeah Tanev is a must signing. Expressed his desire to return to the Canucks, familiar with the lockeroom and environment + proven chemistry with Hughes.

Not surprised, he was a rock for us during the lockout playoffs.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
There's so much to like about these playoffs though. A lot of heroes have emerged. A lot of positive truths revealed about this team. No matter what happens I'm very positive about the future. I just don't know if Pettersson is part of that unless we find out a bombshell after this is over (injury, personal tragedy etc).
This has been the best f***ing season in over a decade!

I'm having a blast and yes, lots of truths being revealed right now.

I legit think we can become a top tier cup contender with some roster adjustments and that blows my f***ing mind.

I wish I could LIKE your post more than once. 🤝

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I think so too playoff hockey, it doesn’t get any easier though hopefully playing on home ice gets that adrenaline going.

I can relate to this. When I worked 16 hours for three days straight, I knew I should be able to run on my own adrenaline (caffeine does f*** all for me), and I did.

After the 3rd and last day, when I hit the bed, next morning I wake up feeling like I was ran over by a Sherman tank.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Tocchet saying that had 'six' and maybe 'seven' passengers tonight. Speculation is who he's referring to.

But has vowed lineup changes for the next game. Sit Cole in favour of a re-jigged blueline with Soucy and Juulsen back in the lineup.

And bring back Podkolzin for hi first game of the playoffs. At least he has some size and grit on the forecheck. And Hoglander should be an automatic.

Can't have a 'no-show rom that

My guess -

Pettersson
Lafferty
Mikheyev
Hronek
Cole

I’d stretch to think of another two. Specifically tonight, I thought Suter struggled as well as every member of our PP, but he’s been pretty good otherwise.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Gotta love how oilers are trying to pump pickard’s tires. He did not make one single high danger save. Ep hit his stick knob.

I truly hope he starts in Vancouver

Honestly I'll give him some props - tested or not, stepping into his situation must've been stressful as BALLS. Team bailed him out with the last goal, sure, but he did his best, and did not let nerve get to him for the most part.

DimitriL07

Jan 24, 2023
Vancouver BC
Hronek has to be shot into the moon. You can’t sign that guy for what he’s asking for. Tbh you can’t sign that guy for 6.5 even. Some team will come along and offer something worth while imo.

Reactions: calnuck and B-rock

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Fair enough - I’d be totally fine with him getting scratched but, like Cole, don’t see it happening.
Tocchet has to be bold enough to do that. The status quo isn't really working. I still think we have a chance but playing those players isn't maximizing our chances.

Like right now we have no youth playing, and almost all contenders have a bunch of youth playing and playing well. You need those infusions of skill and energy that cost very little in terms of regular season cap. Hogs didn't have a good series before he was scratched but the Miks and Laffertys are playing just as poorly.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Honestly I'll give him some props - tested or not, stepping into his situation must've been stressful as BALLS. Team bailed him out with the last goal, sure, but he did his best, and did not let nerve get to him for the most part.

Yeah, Pickard was good enough to get his team the win. For a career journeyman who spent the last few seasons in the AHL, that’s a hell of an accomplishment. And he looked miles better than Skinner, who’s having a historically bad playoff performance on par with Dan Cloutier.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
That is fair but he is nowhere close to what Silovs has done

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad