Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
It’s such a strange thing the game prior they looked lights out on the pp, but the next game they can’t gain entry on that double minor. They need to start working on different entries that will work.
Feels like they lack urgency for some reason. They weren't moving their feet and losing all the puck battle. It could've turn the tide in our favor, instead it gave the Oilers momentum.

I wish we can play every game like we played in the 3rd. We were actually creating and dictating the pace. Even Petey showed some signs of life in that period. I'm sure the 5 on 5 system is holding the offensive players back a little, they actually looked dangerous when unleashed a little.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Here's the most disturbing stat in a while:

Pettersson has 6 goals in his last 40 games, dating back to February 29th.
Yes, he's been absolutely invisible and its concerning, but I feel like he deserves one mulligan. Especially if it's revealed that he's been nursing an injury.

Now, if he's 100% healthy... that changes the equation a lot.

But I'm willing to wait and see a bit more.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I just don't get the difference in his legs. He used to look above average speed wise and would find his way around guys. He looks like a young child trying to get around his dad these days. It isn't happening.

They are hiding something. I dont know enough about this stuff but after seeing mikhayev play on a f***ed leg last year, my mind just keeps thinking it ia the same issue.

Its all mental. He is scared to skate hard. Hes scared to make plays. Hes scared to shoot.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Feels like they lack urgency for some reason. They weren't moving their feet and losing all the puck battle. It could've turn the tide in our favor, instead it gave the Oilers momentum.

I wish we can play every game like we played in the 3rd. We were actually creating and dictating the pace. Even Petey showed some signs of life in that period. I'm sure the 5 on 5 system is holding the offensive players back a little, they actually looked dangerous when unleashed a little.
I noticed that too specifically with Miller. Just never got it going today.

Michael Dal Swolle

Dec 15, 2013
I think I still like our chances in the series. Oilers can't defend a lead to save their lives. Pickard had a quiet game then fell apart under the first sign of actual pressure. A complete effort from our team beats theirs, we just need that in 2 of the next three.

If Demko returns in this series we are going to have a significant edge. Silovs is crushing expectations and deserves a lot of credit, but I honestly think if we had Demko the whole time this series could already be over.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Sit Mik, Laffy and aman (all zero grit/results)

Put lotto line together

Put in hogs, podz and bains (grit guys)

Soucy back, juulsen out

Reactions: TruKnyte

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This whole playoff series should establish that Zadorov is a massive priority to resign over that soft useless shit Hronek.

Like I said, Hronek should've inked his contract when we offered it, hehe. Would not have been good for us but it'll work out great for him. Now he's on his way to playing himself out of the contractual priority list completely.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
There's so much to like about these playoffs though. A lot of heroes have emerged. A lot of positive truths revealed about this team. No matter what happens I'm very positive about the future. I just don't know if Pettersson is part of that unless we find out a bombshell after this is over (injury, personal tragedy etc).

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Miller quite pissed off (with himself) in the post-game.

He wasn't great tonight, and that fly by on the winning goal was a bad look.

But there are many more players that deserve a kick in the ass than he does.

I have 0 desire to bring him back for anything more than 6, and even that’s pushing it
Trade him for a scoring winger

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Mikheyev should be on the fourth line. He’s hustling fine enough, but he does zero offensively. Put him on a line where his job is just to get the puck out of his end.

Have to think Petey and Hronek are two of the guys Tocchet is referring to - although I again wonder what one expects when Petey is paired with the likes of Lafferty and Mikheyev. Yes, he should be able to drive play on his own, but come on.

Hronek has just been terrible.

But I don’t think anyone’s having a rougher series than Cole. It’s like he’s opened a tomb and been slapped with an ancient Egyptian curse.
Mik is NOT hustling fine enough. He is coasting, and doing so when the Oilers are building speed the other way in a lot of cases. He follows other players on the line to check the same guy, which is how we gave up a goal.

It's a rarity that he skates hard or engages, not the other way around. And it's happening at both ends of the ice.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think the guys are a little tired. It's been an intense playoff since game 1.

Silovs, the kid is a legend. Without him this game would've been over by half way point, at latest.
I think so too playoff hockey, it doesn’t get any easier though hopefully playing on home ice gets that adrenaline going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad