Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Kane unfortunately made a big difference in this game. Even with the penalty, he had four or five massive hits that went uncalled, and the final one on Hronek caused the Canucks to unravel.
I think there was always going to be a Kane game in this series. Today was it.

Hopefully that’s the only one.

He was everywhere.

Reactions: BimJenning

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I understand they are terminators but we cant just base our entire game on playing bunker ball to mcdavid and draisaitl.

They are going to produce either way and are much less noticeable when we actually try and produce offense.

Also, silovs is going to make that save against draisaitl eventually and it is going to be the difference. Hes so close hah.

Reactions: vanuck and B-rock

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Tocchet: 4 to 5 soft plays on the last goal.

Says the 2nd goal was a killer. Juulsen shouldn't be played over Friedman.
Watching the replay, Zadorov played that all wrong with Drai behind the net. That pass by Drai to Bouchard is on him for not blocking that lane.

Last edited:
Reactions: BimJenning

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You seem very emotional
IMG_0907.gif

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Bouchard has been a huge difference maker in this series. He keeps holding pucks in and creating extra chances with the Canucks trying to exit the defensive end.

Sucks that the Oilers actually have a star defenceman after years of absolutely nothing.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Ironically thats exactly what juulsen was doing when he gave up the odd man rush.

I think the Canucks have to stop chasing mcD like the first goal. He's an amazing playmaker so if you have 3 guys converge on him it means there are 3 passing options. Focus on drai more cuz you know that pass is coming

This. There should be a guy man to man beside Drai on the PK.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
At the very least if our season ends, we know who the dead weights are on the team. Free up some salary cap.
Absolutely. We're starting to get a good feel for who to keep, and who to cut bait on, our next couple of offseasons are going to be a HUGE test for our management because you can see the foundation of something special here.

But that talk can wait until we're officially eliminated!

We need to make some adjustments going into the next two games.

Glad to hear Tocchet is pissed, but he and his staff need to be accountable as well.

Bring on game 5!

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Bouchard has been a huge difference maker in this series. He keeps holding pucks in and creating extra chances with the Canucks trying to exit the defensive end.

Sucks that the Oilers actually have a star defenceman after years of absolutely nothing.

Don't worry Nurse still has time to teach Bouchard the Oilers ways of defending

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yup Tocchet calling out his players tonight. Well deserved. Now let's see some lineup changes.
Well then he needs to get over his stubbornness and play Hoglander. He didn't score 24 goals in the NHL doing nothing.

And in what parallel universe could Tocchet have possible thought that Linus Karlsson, who spent most the year in the minors, would somehow be a better lineup option. I mean seriously?

Hoglander earned the right to be in the lineup for these playoffs.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
All the key guys sucked today. Garland and Silovs kept us in it the first 45 minutes.

But

Mikheyev, Pettersson, Lafferty, Hoglander, Hronek?

Oh boy, Tocchet is challenging them for game 5.
He knows who he's calling out, its pressure time.
This is the playoffs, not game 34 of the regular season.

Time to put up or shut up.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Not sure I’d see myself saying this at the beginning of the season, Myers is damn solid and your best defensive d so why no Myers in the final minute when he only played 16 min tonight? Is he injured?
Yeah, Zads and Myers would have been a good choice. But I don't blame Hronek for that last play. A lot of other plays in the course of the game, sure. But it's more on Boeser for not clearing and Miller for blowing the zone. If he just stands still and then engages the Oilers guy who knocks it down they probably don't even get the shot off.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Vegas and Colorado (almost) being out makes this season actually a really great opportunity.

Dallas looks like they would absolutely spank this team, though. Look what they're doing to Colorado right now, and Colorado would beat this team the way they're playing in this series.

I see no easy path to the finals, regardless of what happens here. I just hope we get to see as much hockey as possible. Sadly, this might be the best chance we get with the core given what's coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad