GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
False narrative. McDavid is far from a whiner. With the amount of bullshit done to him over the years, i WISH he’d “whine” more. Officiating in this league deserves to be called out.

I mean look at how McDavid responded after he almost got decapited. Pure class as usual.

Hahaha almost decapited, and Myers almost got his eye sockets smashed in tonight

I do agree tho I was impressed with his postgame.

That said I meant on the ice to officials, I think if one made a poll between he & Mark Stone, McD takes it.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hahaha almost decapited, and Myers almost got his eye sockets smashed in tonight

I do agree tho I was impressed with his postgame.

That said I meant on the ice to officials, I think if one made a poll between he & Mark Stone, McD takes it.
I’ve watched every McD game and every single presser he’s ever had. It’s a false narrative. Out of like 800 post game pressers he’s mentioned the refs at most 5 times. With half those times a measured and calm comment about officiating.

Fans that hate Edmonton, are jealous of McDavid, or hate McDavid for torching their teams have a bias. And that’s the only reason he has the reputation of whiner. So the fan polling around here carries very little weight.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, but Soucy is drawing back into the lineup. We'll see how it goes.

As I said a few times, this series is far from over.
You're right every game has been a one goal game. Despite my opinion (and the advanced stats supporting) that the Oilers have been the better team the past 3 games. Credit to the Canucks who have played hard (every game), made it close, and have had good goaltending these past 2 games. At this point either team could win this series.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I’ve watched every McD game and every single presser he’s ever had. It’s a false narrative. Out of like 800 post game pressers he’s mentioned the refs at most 5 times. With half those times a measured and calm comment about officiating.

Fans that hate Edmonton, are jealous of McDavid, or hate McDavid for torching their teams have a bias. And that’s the only reason he has the reputation of whiner.

I don't mean in the pressers. I agree he's often composed in his pressers.

I mean on the ice he yells at the refs as much as anyone in the league.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
You're right every game has been a one goal game. Despite my opinion (and the advanced stats supporting) that the Oilers have been the better team the past 3 games. Credit to the Canucks who have played hard (every game), made it close, and have had good goaltending these past 2 games. At this point either team could win this series.

Yup. An injury on either side, Edmonton's goalie having a meltdown, Vancouver's inexperience catching up with them. There's a lot of things that can swing the direction of this series, still.

If Pickard holds the fort, Vancouver's in a lot of trouble. (Boo on Knoblach for not letting his star goalie battle through it.)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't mean in the pressers. I agree he's often composed in his pressers.

I mean on the ice he yells at the refs as much as anyone in the league.
But still he doesn’t even do that. Just admit it, you saw at most one or two replays of him being angry over a call. It stuck in your head and that’s the narrative that you’ll always have about him. He doesn’t whine to Refs, he really doesn’t, atleast not any more than any player in the league thats mad about a call, I’d argue it’s less though.

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Doughty & MacKinnon are there I agree. I think many non-Oiler fans would have McD there too.

Stone & Kucherov are interesting... Ya I can maybe see it with Stone. Kuch really?? Idk about that one. Maybe I don't watch the lightning enough.
Kuch may just have a penchant for outbursts against the Oilers. Feel like half of the games they've played over the last few years I've seen him yelling and breaking sticks.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Yup. An injury on either side, Edmonton's goalie having a meltdown, Vancouver's inexperience catching up with them. There's a lot of things that can swing the direction of this series, still.

If Pickard holds the fort, Vancouver's in a lot of trouble. (Boo on Knoblach for not letting his star goalie battle through it.)

Not too concerned with Pickard tbh, he tracked the puck pretty well but looked beatable all game the Canucks just didn't really test him, until the end when they scored 2 goals fairly quickly.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Agreed. I don't for a second feel confident that the Oilers will win this series. I feel like they should, but that doesn't mean I necessarily think they will.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
But still he doesn’t even do that. Just admit it, you saw at most one or two replays of him being angry over a call. It stuck in your head and that’s the narrative that you’ll always have about him. He doesn’t whine to Refs, he really doesn’t, atleast not any more than any player in the league thats mad about a call, I’d argue it’s less though.
It's projection. McDavid has had a grumpy resting bitch face for like 98% of his time in the league on the ice and on the bench. Dude is the least animated superstar I've ever seen.

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Not too concerned with Pickard tbh, he tracked the puck pretty well but looked beatable all game the Canucks just didn't really test him, until the end when they scored 2 goals fairly quickly.
To be honest neither goal really tested him. Neither were grade A scoring chances they were just bounces that went their way. Pickard is nothing special but the way he played is a step up on what Skinner was providing.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah, that's why I think momentum is shifting. Vancouver needs to get something out of their top players. EP being the obvious candidate, but Hronek also seems lost in the woods. Getting something from Joshua or Blueger would be nice, too, but I guess this is the infamous regression everyone's been talking about.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Yeah, that's why I think momentum is shifting. Vancouver needs to get something out of their top players. EP being the obvious candidate, but Hronek also seems lost in the woods. Getting something from Joshua or Blueger would be nice, too, but I guess this is the infamous regression everyone's been talking about.
Game to game momentum is overrated and the very most non existent in the playoffs. Next game is a totally new game. For all we know, Petey could have a 5 point game on Thursday

• Love
Reactions: McFlyingV

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Game to game momentum is overrated and the very most non existent. Next game is a totally new game
Couldn't agree more. I think that poster makes good points on EP and Hronek (who has been criticized before for starting a season strong and tailing off) not giving enough and thats more just a general problem with them in the playoffs so far as a whole, but game to game momentum is definitely a myth. There's wearing teams down and injuries/physical tolls piling up, but every game is so different and the only thing that really matters is in game momentum. That is very real.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
For all the talk about depth or lack thereof heading into the series, both teams would probably like a lot of those guys to actually show up a bit. The Oilers are probably wondering if Warren Foegele is still alive.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
For all the talk about depth or lack thereof heading into the series, both teams would probably like a lot of those guys to actually show up a bit. The Oilers are probably wondering if Warren Foegele is still alive.

Not sure what you expect Foegele to do with Perry and Mcleod. He should at least have RNH as his center

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Expected way more from a guy who had a decent year and is heading into UFA. Costing himself money this summer with each passing game because he's going out and trying to do way too much most of the time.
He still has time to turn it around, but so far he's been a no show. He's always been streaky but he needs to find a hot streak soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad