GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Not if they keep raising participation banners.

Don’t they have one with the #7 on it to celebrate the fact that they have fans like every other team in the League?

And when are they going to raise the greatest Canuck of all times number up? #11 needs to go up ASAP.
Wayne Maki?

Kind of a low blow.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Lol! I went w a friend to game 1 here, and he just had hernia surgery. He said he was pretty sure he tore a stitch jumping ard and cheering! 😂

Enjoy the win, and the damn pain! 😂 See u gm5
:cheers:

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The good news is the Canucks have played some of the worst hockey I have seen for the majority of the last few games.

And they are still tied.
Don’t worry you win either way… either Canucks win or you bandwagon the stars.

Even the Flames GM bandwagoned those teams at the deadline lol…. only impact that team will have in May for a little while

• Love
Reactions: Oilhawks

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I will give the Canucks credit. They are not allowing the Oilers an ounce of breathing room so far. Making them work for everything they get.

Reactions: logan5

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I will give the Canucks credit. They are not allowing the Oilers an ounce of breathing room so far. Making them work for everything they get.
Yes everything is going GREAT for the Nucks defence. They should just keep doing exactly what they are doing.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
How am I baiting? Advanced stats show Oilers dominated 3 games. My eye test shows the Oilers dominated 3 games. Both Canucks goals were double deflections, one incidental as Joshua was battling for ice and it just happened to go in off his skate, the other Nurse tipped top corner off his skate. Of course I'm rubbing salt in the wounds of all the Canucks fans who paraded around claiming they outplayed Edmonton in games they clearly didn't. I have stats to support me what do you have a final score? Welcome to hockey the sport where the outcome is often a result of lucky bounces. Anyone who has played the game should have a pretty good understanding that sometimes bounces determine the game even if you outplayed your opponent. If that concept is foreign to you then "f***ing LOL" is all I have to say.
Sir, I get it. And I appreciate that honesty. But that is literally all I was asking. To answer your first question, if your intention is to rub salt, yea it's baiting and it's fine
Tit for tat, again, this was just for my personal take so I don't try to engage some trivial talk. I didn't single you out, it was just the post that a reload landed on so don't take it personally.

And yes I played minor hockey albeit not deep, I was born and raised in Saskatchewan, but even if I didn't, I'm logical enough to understand that concept. Again though, using that argument is really a you problem as you dwell on it, whereas the winning team who may have been outplayed, doesn't care. Talking about what ifs go both ways, and everyone will have their own interpretation. For your own sanity, don't stoop to that. I know my fan base is terrible with it too, so I won't act like this is one sided. Canucks fan base are full of trolls lol. But maybe again, you just enjoy the back n forths and all the power to you. Again I was asking this so I knew whether it was a serious discussion to debate or all the entertainment to flow so I could enjoy it 😊

You do you big guy

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Does Silovs have a silly hat that Miller can wear to practice? The Nucks need another team building moment.
Huh? It's been 4 games. Everyone guaranteed that the series would be over by now.

The Oilers are just sitting back waiting to see who their opponent will be in the Western Final right?

Right?

In reality the Oilers are watching game video of McWah and CrySadle complaining to the refs and analyzing diving techniques.

"ok team, watch how 29 pretends to get hit high and throw his head back! Everybody practice that move now!".

Reactions: JKG33

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Sir, I get it. And I appreciate that honesty. But that is literally all I was asking. To answer your first question, if your intention is to rub salt, yea it's baiting and it's fine
Tit for tat, again, this was just for my personal take so I don't try to engage some trivial talk. I didn't single you out, it was just the post that a reload landed on so don't take it personally.

And yes I played minor hockey albeit not deep, I was born and raised in Saskatchewan, but even if I didn't, I'm logical enough to understand that concept. Again though, using that argument is really a you problem as you dwell on it, whereas the winning team who may have been outplayed, doesn't care. Talking about what ifs go both ways, and everyone will have their own interpretation. For your own sanity, don't stoop to that. I know my fan base is terrible with it too, so I won't act like this is one sided. Canucks fan base are full of trolls lol. But maybe again, you just enjoy the back n forths and all the power to you. Again I was asking this so I knew whether it was a serious discussion to debate or all the entertainment to flow so I could enjoy it 😊

You do you big guy
Like I said in my previous response to you I appreciate you as a Canucks poster you're one of the only ones I enjoy exchanging with because the majority are trolls on the mainboard (probably true of most fan bases). I like discussing things like the numbers, individual plays, etc. I don't like to get in pissing matches, but some of the drivel I read on here deserves the odd shot back which I have no problem giving. To comment on the puck luck, no obviously the winning team doesn't care if they won on puck luck they'll take it, but there is definitely an aspect of knowing if you deserved to win or not and it probably affects their belief in winning a series or beating a team repeatedly. If you know you got outplayed in 3 out of 4 games and feel lucky to be tied it definitely has a psychological effect in a lot of case or at least it does in my experience. Maybe it has no bearing on professional athletes (idk I'm not one), but even in the junior ranks it definitely does. Doesn't mean you aren't going to go out and give it your all, but doubt creeping in definitely affects the way you play. I don't think the Oilers should have much doubt with the way they've played this series. Doesn't mean they'll win the remaining best of 3, but they should feel confident in the way they've played.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Here’s the best angle of the Draisaitl high stick. Looks to be right at shoulder level and legal.

Draisaitl is also crouching. I'm not sure the wording of the ruling but if Drai is standing up straight that is well below his shoulders. That angle definitely doesn't show it above his shoulders regardless so moot point. Completely legal play.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Draisaitl is also crouching. I'm not sure the wording of the ruling but if Drai is standing up straight that is well below his shoulders. That angle definitely doesn't show it above his shoulders regardless so moot point. Completely legal play.
Yeh for sure. I think the rule is just shoulder level though regardless of body position. The league isn’t competent enough to specify their rules any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad