GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
It amazes me on here. Game one people claimed the Oilers defense blew the game but in reality it was Skinner's horrendous goaltending. But when a team gives up good scoring chances and the goalie saves them, they claim the team played well defensively. It just proves that most fans only pay attention to shots that go in and not the actual quality of shots in games.

Skinner was bad in the first 2 games but game 3 wasn't all on him, imo

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
My guy, are you just posting to bait and troll? Lol. Like tbh I enjoy it, cuz it ends up w some back n forth w ridiculous arguments about inconsequential things, and it's highly entertaining. But I'm just asking to get perspective.

Saying things like this just feel like goading for attention. Again, all the power to you, I'd call out my own fan base if they said ridiculous things, at the very least leave a laugh emoji.

In any case, yes your team was the better team, as it won. Talking about lucky bounces like gameplay is linear and they don't happen every game, whether it's talking about a missed high stick like canucks fans do and act like that would've for sure changed the decision of that game, to Oilers fans talking about what ifs with Skinner etc.

If you're just trying to rub salt into canucks fans wounds right now, just give thumbs up, and I'll get the hint it's just to do that and all is well so I can see the Pejorative Slured responses to this post and find more memes going forward! Lol gg see you game 5
How am I baiting? Advanced stats show Oilers dominated 3 games. My eye test shows the Oilers dominated 3 games. Both Canucks goals were double deflections, one incidental as Joshua was battling for ice and it just happened to go in off his skate, the other Nurse tipped top corner off his skate. Of course I'm rubbing salt in the wounds of all the Canucks fans who paraded around claiming they outplayed Edmonton in games they clearly didn't. I have stats to support me what do you have a final score? Welcome to hockey the sport where the outcome is often a result of lucky bounces. Anyone who has played the game should have a pretty good understanding that sometimes bounces determine the game even if you outplayed your opponent. If that concept is foreign to you then "f***ing LOL" is all I have to say.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Exactly the sort of game that the Oilers needed to have. Full marks to them.

Momentum is shifting, IMO. Canucks are gonna need to bounce back.

I'll take solace in the fact that we probably won't see Juulsen back in the lineup.
You'll still have Cole though.

He makes Ceci look like a good hockey player.

Reactions: McFlyingV

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
How am I baiting? Advanced stats show Oilers dominated 3 games. My eye test shows the Oilers dominated 3 games. Both Canucks goals were double deflections, one incidental as Joshua was battling for ice and it just happened to go in off his skate, the other Nurse tipped top corner off his skate. Of course I'm rubbing salt in the wounds of all the Canucks fans who paraded around claiming they outplayed Edmonton in games they clearly didn't. I have stats to support me what do you have a final score? Welcome to hockey the sport where the outcome is often a result of lucky bounces. Anyone who has played the game should have a pretty good understanding that sometimes bounces determine the game even if you outplayed your opponent. If that concept is foreign to you then "f***ing LOL" is all I have to say.
"I have stats to support me what do you have a final score?"

Ha!! One of the best lines in this thread. lol. kudos to Oilers fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle
If you can recognize the difference between a quality scoring chance or not, it's pretty clear. I don't blame Skinner for the last game because the Oilers did have bad giveaways in the first period. You do need a quality save once inawhile though.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Skinner was bad in the first 2 games but game 3 wasn't all on him, imo
You're right it wasn't all on him that was his best game of the series as bad as that is to say. But there's no defence for a goalie with a save percentage starting with the number 7 in a playoff series.

"I have stats to support me what do you have a final score?"

Ha!! One of the best lines in this thread. lol. kudos to Oilers fans.
Tell me you have never played hockey without telling me you've never played hockey. Love the Nucks fans in here who probably can't even skate.

Reactions: Oilhawks

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Whats wrong with his posts?
Literally nothing is wrong with his posts. I was just curious of his motives. Every post is fine, I'm just personally curious for myself, which I assume I have the right to? I don't know I didnt read the hf handbook lol

Reactions: McFlyingV

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
So... does Cole come out and Juulsen stay in, or just Juulsen out and Soucy back in? It wasn't either of them that made the mistake on the GWG.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
You're right it wasn't all on him that was his best game of the series as bad as that is to say. But there's no defence for a goalie with a save percentage starting with the number 7 in a playoff series.

Tell me you have never played hockey without telling me you've never played hockey. Love the Nucks fans in here who probably can't even skate.
Panic fire. You f***ed up with that line.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Literally nothing is wrong with his posts. I was just curious of his motives. Every post is fine, I'm just personally curious for myself, which I assume I have the right to? I don't know I didnt read the hf handbook lol
I'll give you credit you're one of the few Vancouver posters that I can tolerate. You're alright in my books. The majority just spam troll response and you seem like a normal individual who can actually form their own thoughts and opinions.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Not if they keep raising participation banners.

Don’t they have one with the #7 on it to celebrate the fact that they have fans like every other team in the League?

And when are they going to raise the greatest Canuck of all times number up? #11 needs to go up ASAP.

I'd put Wayne Maki up in the rafters. Tragic what happened to him.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
For as good as Silovs has been, the Oilers now have 14 goals with an xGF of... 13.8. So he's nearly exactly even.

Canucks meanwhile also have 14 goals but on 8.8 expected, which is unfortunately very characteristic of Skinner in the playoffs.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Daishi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad