GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
LA would beat the Canucks. Skinner is the only reason this series is 2-2, not sure how a neutral thinks the Canucks deserve the results they are getting right now.

Maybe. It's not the ideal matchup for the Canucks but I bet they still claw out a series victory, just probably not in 5 games. They're better than LA, and certainly have better coaching.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
LA would beat the Canucks. Skinner is the only reason this series is 2-2, not sure how a neutral thinks the Canucks deserve the results they are getting right now.
The same Skinner who was supposed to be the Oilers’ number one? The same goalie who was supposed to give the Oilers an advantage over the Canucks in net? That Skinner?

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
No chance? Yeah sure both Boeser goals were challenging stops but maybe rewatch them and look at Skinner's positioning. He's not even square on either goal and he's cowering in his net hoping if he covers the easy areas it will hit him. You can see the complete lack of confidence in his game and despite me thinking he not very good, even he can look much better than that and stop those shots when he has confidence.

1st is a great tip, no chance.

2nd Boeser is left alone in the slot & its a perfect shot

3rd Boeser is left alone right infront of the net & it's another perfect shot.

Brocks a 40 goal scorer you can't give him those looks

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe. It's not the ideal matchup for the Canucks but I bet they still claw out a series victory, just probably not in 5 games. They're better than LA, and certainly have better coaching.
Van would have swept the Kings, let’s be serious. 4-1 every game. Their 1-3-1 is holding their team back so bad.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Oilers better team for the 3rd game in a row. Couple lucky bounces the only reason this wasn't a 2-0 shutout. Deserving team wins tonight.
My guy, are you just posting to bait and troll? Lol. Like tbh I enjoy it, cuz it ends up w some back n forth w ridiculous arguments about inconsequential things, and it's highly entertaining. But I'm just asking to get perspective.

Saying things like this just feel like goading for attention. Again, all the power to you, I'd call out my own fan base if they said ridiculous things, at the very least leave a laugh emoji.

In any case, yes your team was the better team, as it won. Talking about lucky bounces like gameplay is linear and they don't happen every game, whether it's talking about a missed high stick like canucks fans do and act like that would've for sure changed the decision of that game, to Oilers fans talking about what ifs with Skinner etc.

If you're just trying to rub salt into canucks fans wounds right now, just give thumbs up, and I'll get the hint it's just to do that and all is well so I can see the Pejorative Slured responses to this post and find more memes going forward! Lol gg see you game 5

Reactions: Me9999999999

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The same Skinner who was supposed to be the Oilers’ number one? The same goalie who was supposed to give the Oilers an advantage over the Canucks in net? That Skinner?
I don't think Skinner ever gives the Oilers an advantage over anyone. He just needed to not be crap and wasn't capable of that.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
1st is a great tip, no chance.

2nd Boeser is left alone in the slot & its a perfect shot

3rd Boeser is left alone right infront of the net & it's another perfect shot.

Brocks a 40 goal scorer you can't give him those looks
Draisaitl a multiple 50 goalscorer had 2 equivalent looks on breakaways and guess what Silovs stopped one and got bailed out by a post on the other. Take the blinders off sometimes goalies stop difficult shots on good shooters.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Van would have swept the Kings, let’s be serious. 4-1 every game. Their 1-3-1 is holding their team back so bad.
Mm doubtful. The Kings play a better 1-3-1 than the Oilers. And the Nucks are having trouble with passing center ice against the Oil. We have McDrai to break through traps. The Nucks have EP and Milller. Doesn’t compare.

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Draisaitl a multiple 50 goalscorer had 2 equivalent looks on breakaways and guess what Silovs stopped one and got bailed out by a post on the other. Take the blinders off sometimes goalies stop difficult shots on good shooters.

Draisaitl was given the same look as Boesers 1st goal (on a PP) in either game 1 or 2 & beat Silovs just as easily. It's a tough stop with shooters that good. Even the RNH goal tonight is basically the same spot on the ice, beating Silovs in the same spot.

There's no blinders here. Pickard sure as hell isn't stopping it either.

Reactions: Dust

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
It amazes me on here. Game one people claimed the Oilers defense blew the game but in reality it was Skinner's horrendous goaltending. But when a team gives up good scoring chances and the goalie saves them, they claim the team played well defensively. It just proves that most fans only pay attention to shots that go in and not the actual quality of shots in games.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Feels like high end players’ salaries are increasing at faster rate than the cap, wonder if there’s any truth to that, and if so how that impacts contracts for everyone else, and roster construction in general

Canucks have been waiting 50 years for a Norris Winner, there's no price that Canucks fans would balk at to keep him imo

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
My guy, are you just posting to bait and troll? Lol. Like tbh I enjoy it, cuz it ends up w some back n forth w ridiculous arguments about inconsequential things, and it's highly entertaining. But I'm just asking to get perspective.

Saying things like this just feel like goading for attention. Again, all the power to you, I'd call out my own fan base if they said ridiculous things, at the very least leave a laugh emoji.

In any case, yes your team was the better team, as it won. Talking about lucky bounces like gameplay is linear and they don't happen every game, whether it's talking about a missed high stick like canucks fans do and act like that would've for sure changed the decision of that game, to Oilers fans talking about what ifs with Skinner etc.

If you're just trying to rub salt into canucks fans wounds right now, just give thumbs up, and I'll get the hint it's just to do that and all is well so I can see the Pejorative Slured responses to this post and find more memes going forward! Lol gg see you game 5
Whats wrong with his posts?

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
It amazes me on here. Game one people claimed the Oilers defense blew the game but in reality it was Skinner's horrendous goaltending. But when a team gives up good scoring chances and the goalie saves them, they claim the team played well defensively. It just proves that most fans only pay attention to shots that go in and not the actual quality of shots in games.
Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Exactly the sort of game that the Oilers needed to have. Full marks to them.

Momentum is shifting, IMO. Canucks are gonna need to bounce back.

I'll take solace in the fact that we probably won't see Juulsen back in the lineup.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad