GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Ya. I had to google it now to see if he was actually on the roster. Nope.

As for Kessel, all I know is for a pudgy dude somehow he was a really fast skater!
When he was with the Leafs, Kessel did okay on the fitness tests. Lots of people hated how it didn't fit their version of reality.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Oil need to have McDrai split. You need 1 of them on the ice for 50 mins as opposed to having them both on for 25 mins. I felt they played their best game of the series tonight
Sports radio when I drove home from work brought up the same thing. A handful of forwards and Bouchard. But it's so top line heavy. They could try to make two solid lines.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Oilers better team for the 3rd game in a row. Couple lucky bounces the only reason this wasn't a 2-0 shutout. Deserving team wins tonight.
I have to think the Oilers start getting some shots past the Canucks goalie eventually. The game shouldn't have been as close. Reminds me of last season when Korpisalo stood on his head for a few games for the Kings against the Oilers.

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I thought that was the best officiated game of the series as well, and both teams deserve credit for that. Wasn't a bunch of guys flopping around on either team trying to buy a call, just a hard nosed game. They got the obvious one's, and they still let them play for the most part.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Want to know the difference?

Pettersson has less shots on goal than Draisaitl has points in this series.
Pettersson has been playing piss poor hockey for MONTHS now and is not going to miraculously snap out of it. I don’t know what his deal is, but I’ve had him written off since early in the Nashville series. Truthfully, I’m surprised the Canucks have gotten as far as they have with Pettersson and his wingers doing jack shit. Depth and good goaltending, I guess.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I think the Oilers had more quality tonight than last game. 3rd period of game 3 they just looked gassed tossing everything at the net.

Oilers played very well tonight. The best game ive seen them play in the playoffs tbh, they were dialed defensively. They responded big time & the Canucks didn't match their compete.

At the start of game 3 the Canucks were hitting hard & the physical play continued on all game.

Tonight the Canucks had like 3 hits all game, and when they did hit it usually led to a turnover (as we also saw with Kane on the winning goal), but far too much puck watching tonight, didn't battle for loose pucks, EDM won all the battles, just a very soft effort.

Not to take away from the Oilers who did play great, but from our pov the Canucks didn't compete hard enough imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad